• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Well that's smashed my expectations. Below some other people's though.

Edit: talking about Pokemon sales - I think those Switch sales are above 90% of people's expectations.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Over 3 times the amount of Switches compared to last week. Nice!

edit: And just for three days...well this thread should be interesting.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
3 days on a very small install base (compared to DS and 3DS). A very good turnout for me.

DukeBlue

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Can hardly believe Smash is launching in just a few weeks. This is the beginning of an insane holiday for the Switch

Deleted member 59

Decent, down heavily on other Pokémon titles as expected, but on the more casual title on a higher priced console with a lower install base, it did wil.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Let's Go confirmed as FFXV tier bomba.

Hardware numbers are good though.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
The real question is how on earth could anyone pick Eevee over pikachu

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm not sure if that's good or not.

It's much lower than recent Pokemon release including USUM.
Hardware is definitely good though.

Switch hardware at 180K, not counting release week. makes it the 3rd highest selling week in Switch history in Japan (the only 2 above were week 50 and 51 from Last year, basically Dic 11-17 and 18-24, AKA the Xmas boost)

So fourth if we count the launch week too?

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
The real question is how on earth could anyone pick Eevee over pikachu
DsZ9dNZUwAA6W0T.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Pretty poor number, twice as small as ORAS. But hardware is strong, so that could indicate that the audience needs time to step in, and possibly that sales could be strong throughout the holidays.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder that this is almost the biggest first week sales for a Switch game in Japan so far. The number is pretty good. Just missed by 4k units.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty poor number, twice as small as ORAS. But hardware is strong, so that could indicate that the audience needs time to step in, and possibly that sales could be strong throughout the holidays.

3DS install base was so much bigger when those launched and was almost four years old. It's really hard to do direct comparisons, as Pokemon games almost never launch this early in a console's life.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect this game to be leggy as hell during the holidays , if not for the foreseeable future, given the comparatively smaller install base.