Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
This is not the Pokémon Direct. This is another event.

In 2015 they announced Pokémon GO at a similar presentation.

Stream:

Here

t1559091600z4.png

PR:

MEDIA ALERT: Watch the Pokémon 2019 Press Conference Live from Tokyo

The Pokémon Company is hosting a press conference in Tokyo, Japan, on Tuesday, May 28. The event will be livestreamed and available to view on Pokemon.com starting at 6 p.m. PDT. The press conference will cover a number of topics of interest to Pokémon fans. Additionally, fans can look forward to a Pokémon Direct on June 5 at 6 a.m. PDT for more news on the upcoming Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield games.

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
I think we can expect at least a new game to be announced as teased in the previous Pokemon Direct

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I doubt we'll get a new console game announcement out of this, as I said in the other thread the best we'll probably get is the announcement of a collaboration with another dev (like the Picross/Mystery Dungeon people or Bandai Namco for another Pokkén) without naming a game outright.

I figure the focus will be more-so on the DeNA mobile game, the next anime season, the upcoming movie, and maybe a roadplan for Gen VIII's marketing.

Then again Let's Go was basically unveiled in something similar and maybe Nintendo is just fine with them announcing games to a non-global audience. IIRC Nintendo's accounts basically just live tweeted things like Pokémon Quest last year.

EDIT: NEVERMIND apparently, haha

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it's not more F2P/Gacha shenanigans.

EDIT: Argh. 6PM PDT is late for Europe.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Sword and shield already has the direct, so I guess this is the new mobile game and updates to pokemon go?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon Let's Go Furret

I wonder whether they'll confirm Detective Pikachu 2 here

mrtl

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reboot of the franchise. Previous pokemon never existed in this exciting new universe!

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This going worldwide makes me think it'll be bigger. This is how they announced the one last year, and it was just live-tweeted.

That one revealed Pokémon Quest + Pokémon Let's Go, I believe. There may have been more, too?

Of course they coulda just seen the positive response and decided to just go ahead and stream this year's but I dunno.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
Billion dollar media franchise and their announcement image looks like it was made in Power Point 97.

POKEMON THEME PARK WHEN

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
Wild wishful thinking: Pokemon Mini 2 - the successor of the cutest handheld

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Announcing the development of the Pokémon connected movie universe maybe?🤔

Nah, we'll probably see some mobile games.

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Detective Pikachu HD for Switch. Also Pokemon Snap VR, new movies, phone games (I like the idea of Gen 3 on mobile) and Pokemon Let's Go 2 announced for next year. Personal wish is Pokemon Ranger. Save my post.