Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Will include new information regarding the DLC and "new product announcement".

On June 17 (Wed) from 10PM, the "Pokemon New Game Announcement: Pokemon Presents" will be premiered via the official Pokemon YouTube channel! The broadcast is scheduled to last 11 minutes and will contain information on the Pokemon Sword and Shield Expansion Pass and other products. Please look forward to it!
Translation of the Japanese broadcast description from Serebii

t1592398800z4.png

Last edited:

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Oh, wow. Strange they do this the day the DLC releases.
Very curious about this. I think it's time we see what Pokemon Sleep is all about.
Hope we get a date on when Home and GO get connected. Waiting for this for a while now.

DarkVaber32

Nov 15, 2018
So ehm, we don't expect the Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platin remake announcement right? Is there a new Pokemon game coming this year even confirmed?

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing there'll be a trailer summing up everything in Isle of Armor (maybe that'll become available at the same time?)

Outside of that... Who knows. Odd they didn't use the Direct branding.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
The fact that it specifically says "Presents," and not Direct, makes me think it's related to Pokémon Company products (Pokémon Go, Pokémon Sleep, etc.) and not, like, a new Pokémon game for the Switch.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they are doing this the very same day the new DLC releases and with the second part out later this year leads me to believe they won't be announcing the next core game (remake, revisit, etc).

Granted, we've never had DLC expansions before in the series, so we don't know if they are okay with promoting Sword and Shield content and then announcing a new game that won't be out until next year. Personally, I wouldn't do that.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Might not be Switch related. Maybe some other Pokémon products? Friendship with Mega Construx ended, now Lego is my best friend?

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
They are going to announce that the National Pokédex is coming back to the games!

Oh, wait no, it's going to be 15 minutes of someone explaining Pokémon Sleep.

Izanagi89

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 27, 2017
Just need info on level scaling. I dropped Pokémon so hard because the difficulty was piss easy but I'll jump back if they introduce level scaling

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anything less than a 20 minute in depth breakdown of Pokemon Sleep will be a disappointment

Jan 29, 2018
If I buy this expansion under my Nintendo/eShop account will my wife be able to play it on her Switch profile (we only have one switch, two profiles; game on cartridge)? She's the only one going to play but her user's never connected to the shop before, so we might as well keep all the purchases in one place.

Edit: sorry I thought I was in the expansion thread, question still stands I guess.