• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.pokemon-scramblesp.jp/

People may remember a game announced a while back called "Pokéland". It had a beta test in late 2017 and subsequently disappeared. Looks like it's back.

This is not the mobile game announced a few days ago that's being assisted bty DeNa.

Edit: Game releasing as Pokémon Rumble Rush in the west.

Last edited:

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
top_howto_slide.jpg

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if this will have gacha mechanics? The Pokemon Rumble series always kinda seemed perfect for such

The ideal thing would be a similar monetization model as Pokemon Rumble World, spending hard cap included. But doubt it.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They either need to redesign the Miis or let them die.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Great, we are never going to see the death of those horrible Pokemon Ranch models, are we?

My apologies to anyone who seriously collected the Rumble U figurines before Amiibo completely eclipsed them.

At the very least, I haven't had to worry about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon going to mobile. Yet at least.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game is developed by ambrella, who developed the past 4 pokemon rumble games on wii/3ds/wii u, and have been exclusively developing pokemon spin-offs sine 1998.

screenshot2019-05-15a5ek67.png

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So we have at least 3 new Pokémon games coming during the next 12 months:

- Pokémon Rumble SP
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Mystery Pokémon × DeNA game

So Ishihara wasn't joking when he said in the Direct they would have multiple surprises for the Pokémon brand this year.

Peleo

Nov 2, 2017
I quite like Pokemon Rumble, played the Wii version for many hours. Wished the game had a bit more depth in the Wii version, but might be just perfect for Mobile.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I love Pokemon Rumble, at least, I loved the original. The 3DS one was disappointing in the multiplayer department and the Wii U one was awful.

Don't know what to expect of the series anymore really. I guess I'll try it.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
So we have at least 3 new Pokémon games coming during the next 12 months:

- Pokémon Rumble SP
- Pokémon Sword and Shield
- Mystery Pokémon × DeNA game

So Ishihara wasn't joking when he said in the Direct they would have multiple surprises for the Pokémon brand this year.
Read this as Mystery Dungeon and now I'm sad

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the microtransaction prices, this might follow the exact system as Rumble World, perhaps the hard cap too?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
not seeing in on the US app store, is it a soft launch?

If you're asking for a paid mobile rpg, you're not going to get what you want. Companies want successes after all
yeah the vast majority of people would NEVER buy a phone game even if it's 10 dollars, imagine how much a 60 dollar game would do. and if it's gonna be cheap or free, they have to monetize it in other ways and that just changes gameplay and it's no longer the same game. if you want success on the mobile market, you have to go f2p and that won't work well with the mainline pokemon games.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Rumble is a perfect match for mobile. Curious to try it.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul

If you're asking for a paid mobile rpg, you're not going to get what you want. Companies want successes after all
Yeah I just want something that resembles traditional Pokemon gameplay. I know it's an unreasonable dream that would never happen. But it'd be the best mobile game lol.

I'm sure they'd love to kill their dedicated gaming arms
it wouldn't because people don't like full price mobile games, even when they're the same quality as the games on dedicated gaming machines.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they we're the ones publishing Mario Kart Tour. But either way, I'd throw money at whoever Lol
Pokemon isn't published by Nintendo or even worked on by them

Yeah I just want something that resembles traditional Pokemon gameplay. I know it's an unreasonable dream that would never happen. But it'd be the best mobile game lol.
The best you'll get is Go. Maybe the DeNA game, but that remains to be seen

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Another shitty spin off that will be forgotten in a few hours. Waiting patiently for the DeNa game.

Nov 1, 2017
I miss when Pokemon used to get interesting spinoffs...

Also, Kantomons only again? Nvm. Interest slightly increased.

Last edited:

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually okay with this. I loved the rumble series and I think it'll work well for short bursts on the phone. Bring on an iOS release!