181 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Lol

332 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. Zippo

Zippo
    Member OP

All Pokemon Switch discussion/speculation/madness remains here.

It's been hinted from reliable sources that Pokemon Switch news is coming soon:

PhantomLord, a Ubisoft employee and Nintendo insider:

Resetera moderator NateDrake also seems to be sure of an impending Pokemon announcement:

Also, Nintendo has their big investor's conference in the next few days, so keep this in mind as well.
    https://www.resetera.com/posts/6998472

2. Servbot24

Servbot24

Is localization usually done later in development?

3. DecoReturns

DecoReturns

A console Pokémon game for the Switches second year would be something.

4. Zippo

Zippo
    Member OP

From what I know, yes.

5. --R

--R

That would be great.

6. That 20m switch goal this year seeming more likely...

7. Lazrgatr

Lazrgatr

I'd get hyped but pokemon SM was a letdown for me.

For all we know the game will be DP 2.0 and suffer from horrible slowdowns due to gamefreak's technical incompetence.

8. Time to reset the clock?

9. Anth0ny

Anth0ny

almost like it'll be out in november and the big switch game for the holidays

shocking

10. KZXcellent

KZXcellent

Interesting. Either they are dead set on getting this out 2018 or they are locking in the script?

11. louisacommie

louisacommie

Dolphin pokemanz plz
    Though I should have asked when the game was way earlier in development.

12. udivision

udivision

eh...

I really would prefer 2019 but I guess it doesn't really matter eitherway.

13. Hmmm interesting. E3 direct bombshell? Or sooner?

14. Aokiji

Aokiji

Pokémon is obv their big e3 news. What else would it be?

15. Gaardus

Gaardus

Dang, maybe it really is coming in 2018.

This post contains hidden text. Quote to reveal it.

16. Viking Jesus

Viking Jesus

Theoretically it can't be done until the bulk of the game is done, at least content-wise, so yeah I'd say so.

17. TheFireman

TheFireman

I have no doubts Pokemon will be the star of E3 if it comes out this year, but remember that Odyssey and BotW were both shown off before their E3. I don't doubt Pokemon will be as well.

18. Mory Dunz

Mory Dunz

same. with voice acting

19. tiebreaker

tiebreaker

Getting a new Pokemon so early makes me skeptical that GF would do anything disruptive for their first title on Switch. Seems like more of the same.

20. I mean I wouldn't doubt it, they said 2018 or later.
    You mean suffer from horrible slowdown due to the 3DS's terrible specs??? 3DS Pokemon games run like shit because they are pushing models with very high poly counts. Nothing Gamefreak can do about that.

21. DecoReturns

DecoReturns

Ususally yeah.

I remember it was one of the reasons some started to believe Xenoblade 2 would hit this year, because Info like this was coming out as well.

22. FusionNY

FusionNY

Yeah, 2018 seems like a lock now. I really wanna see Gamefreak's first foray into AAA console development.

23. Dmax3901

Dmax3901

Would line up for an E3 2018 reveal I guess.

24. Pandy

Pandy

This isn't unrealistic, but the tight turnaround from Sun/Moon & Ultra S/M makes me think this will be a smaller progression from those games than I would have liked for the first Switch entry.

Still means a good/great game is coming our way sooner rather than later, though, so I'm not going to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

25. Novel Mike

Novel Mike

If they actually get a real Pokemon game out on Switch this year that would be crazy, that 20 mil may end up being a conservative goal and yes I know that sounds crazy but its god damn Pokemon the sky is the limits if they make a game on the quality of Zelda and Mario with that IP.

26. Pokemon Switch is this year.

27. Aokiji

Aokiji

That’s true, but Pokémon is a much bigger entity that both Zelda & even Mario.

28. TemplaerDude

TemplaerDude

Pokemon coming out this year would be bonkers.

29. FoXR

FoXR

Placaje for everyone

30. tomofthepops

tomofthepops

I kinda wish they would have taken more time. I feel were just getting a higher resolution typical Pokemon game, not the console game we've always wanted.

31. Lord of Ostia

Lord of Ostia

Yup, don't expect a huge overhaul.

32. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Okay I'm pretty surprised by this. They're about to work in localization already??? Is production that far ahead?

Or it could be D/P remakes for Switch. As a peace offering for extended time while they continue to work on the next mainland game.

33. KoolAid

KoolAid

So that would mean like December/January 2019? But yeah, don't expect this gen to be revolutionary tech wise, they'll probably use the same engine as the 3DS game but in HD

34. ASaiyan

ASaiyan

They really are rushing this out for the holidays :/. Oh well, maybe Gen 9 will innovate and take full advantage of the Switch, lol.

35. Aleh

Aleh

To me Pokémon games have always been on par with many home console games (from hardware with similar capabilities) in terms of scope and content. Sun and Moon would not feel out of place as GameCube games.

36. Cinemikel

Cinemikel
    Banned Member

God I hope they're not rushing this game to market. Polish that crap and make sure it's not a disappointment for the first ever mainline console Pokemon game and first ever HD Pokemon

37. LightKiosk

LightKiosk

Release it in November with massive Switch restocks to get ready for the Black Friday/Christmas shopping, and that 20M becomes realistic.

Even if it is a small step compared to the huge overhaul people expect, it's Pokemon on the Switch and people will eat it up.

38. Nintendo said they would but I didn't believe them.

I'm worried about the quality now though.

39. Eh, we don’t know how long it’s been in development. I wouldn’t be surprised if it started development 2-3 years ago.

40. Serenitynow

Serenitynow

This might be a stupid question, but why would it be a minimum 6 month contract potentially starting in June if we presume the game is scheduled for release 5 months later in November?

41. Madao

Madao

either this game was in development for a lot longer than anyone thought or it will be a super minimal upgrade over the previous gen (basically, SM in HD as far as graphics go) or they're introducing only 50-60 new Pokemon this time, seeing how the last 2 gens introduced around 70 each. seems the time of 100+ new monsters per gen is truly done.

or Retro was the one making it along Gamefreak all along.

42. Jpop

Jpop

The plot thickens.

43. TheFireman

TheFireman

Yeah, that'll be a bummer if it's not a big evolution. The series has felt incredibly stagnant for a while now. I didn't particularly like any of the 3DS games much.

44. pokéfan

pokéfan

Never doubted a 2018 release, this just pretty much confirms it.

Aboard the hype train.

The real Question is when is the announcement coming.

45. 9-Volt

9-Volt

If this is a new gen, I expect a March teaser reveal (just names, logos, starters and legendaries) and updates every subsequent month.

If this is a remake, I expect a July/August full reveal with November release. Remakes don't need monthly updates.

46. Which would be a damn shame. Still adore Gen 5 for introducing 150 of the fuckers. I feel if the first HD Pokemon is an iterative one they should go all out with the Pokemon and gives us a new 150. Make it special.

47. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

wonder if they'll do voice acting for this game. at this fidelity, and with as many close ups, it's gonna have the same issue Zelda had and Dragon Quest 11 also have

also, leaks when?

48. Lord Azrael

Lord Azrael

I don't see what that has to do with what they said.

49. LewieP

LewieP

Yeah, I'm guessing this isn't going to be much more ambitious than the 3DS games, it'll probably just going to have the graphics turned up a bit, and higher resolution obv.

A bit of a missed opportunity, I'd love to see Pokémon get a bold reinvention, much like Zelda and Mario got, but I'm sure it'll do well even if it's just a small step up from previous games.

50. tomofthepops

tomofthepops

Being on par with a 17 year old console doesn't excite me. I want skyrim-ish world level/scope with pokemon basically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.