• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Pokemon Switch Come Out This Year?

• Yes

Votes: 554 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 181 17.0%
  • Lol

Votes: 332 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Earlier he said:

I think it's likely hidden in his Day XX posts. Those are the tweets with random misc and often awkward sentences that could easily provide whatever his hint required, and they're in a sequence. Easiest location to place hints.
But I haven't analyzed it yet to see if there is anything obvious that jumps out. Some days were skipped too which is worth consideration. I haven't even read them yet, just compiled them for you guys.

To be clear I'm not making any guarantee that this is really where the secret lies.

Day 3. I've began reading through pencil and stylus reviews on Amazon.
Day 6. Now that Pokken DLC and Detective Pikachu are out of the way, I live in hope. Still undecided on pencil requirements.
Day 9. I've acquired a pencil and begun practising my drawing technic. Consider this one a freebie.
Day 10. You all seemed to like my post-it note drawing so much that I decided to redo it. I think it might look a little better now.
Day 11. This scribbling stuff is eevee peasy. Don't know what I was worried about.
Day 12. Remember not to get too obsessed. Take breaks, go do other stuff.
Day 16. We've now passed the half way mark and my palms are getting sweaty.
Day 17. The followers are getting angry.
Day 19. Spyro is not a Pokémon.
Day 21. You'll kick yourselves when I tell you.
Day 23. He didn't even look at my shorts.
Day 26. Getting my drawing skills up to scratch.
Day 27. The project codename for Pokémon Switch is hidden somewhere in my timeline. I'll confirm after the game reveal.

Just noticing some conspicuous solecisms. Began -> begun, practising -> practicing, technic -> technique, eevee -> easy.

No idea if it means anything. A, S, C, EVEE are the new letters, U, C, QUE, ASY are the missing ones.

Oct 27, 2017
So they know the codename for the game which won't be the official name used when the Switch title actually is released...so how will we know they knew anything to start with? This is just attention whoring. I've been following the PIxelpar tweets for the last month or so and they've not shown to actually know anything

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
So they know the codename for the game which won't be the official name used when the Switch title actually is released...so how will we know they knew anything to start with? This is just attention whoring. I've been following the PIxelpar tweets for the last month or so and they've not shown to actually know anything

We'll find out the codename from official sources (S/M's was Niji) and if Pixelpar has tweets clearly pointing to it then we'll know he had insider info.

Oct 26, 2017
I highly doubt he has insider information. Most of, if not all of what he's said regarding Pokemon has been way too general. The localization thing could've been researched by anyone who happened to look at the list of jobs at Nintendo. Additionally the way he treated that Lapras screenshot was very suspicious and reeks of behaviour where he wants people to know that he might have something while dilly-dallying about it (on top of that, the image looks like shit so I highly doubt it is real).

90% of the speculation in this thread comes from the "shit" that comes out of his Twitter like you said.

You can be skeptical but he did give us the localization forms for the strategy guides that gave birth to this thread, later on he gave us the "leaked" picture that was teased by PJ and that everyone wanted to see, he shared the 1-UP folder and finally he is giving us a deadline (Day 31) for the Pokemon Switch announcement.

It is not baseless speculation and it should not be treated as such.

With the exception of the localization job postings, most of what he's said is completely baseless speculation. There's nothing that corroborates (or denies) what he has said regarding 1-UP Studio's involvement (and we won't know until the game(s) come out and we see the credits), and the most that he gives is a vague and heavily pixelated image. The deadline is completely up in the air and comes off as arbitrary. According to his twitter, it's apparently day 27 of 31, so what's the likelihood that Nintendo reveals this new Pokemon game this upcoming week?

If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but there's nothing of worth for me to take him seriously.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another point of suspicion is his coyness with the fucking codename. It's a fucking codename, it's not gonna show up anywhere else, so fucking spill it. Unless he's bullshitting of course

Wonderrade

The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think if he gets another direct timeline wrong thats pretty much a big nail in the coffin. Its not too hard to feel the trend of when a nintendo direct might be close. Nailing the exact time is that hard part

Nihilego_Khu

Mar 12, 2018
Chinese riddler getting attentions was because lots of stuff he mentioned was proved to be true by official news. However, nowadays lots of random twitter guys getting attentions before any official fact comes out to back up is so weird af.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Chinese riddler getting attentions was because lots of stuff he mentioned was proved to be true by official news. However, nowadays lots of random twitter guys getting attentions before any official fact comes out to back up is so weird af.
Because all these Twitter guys are on Twitter and are speaking English rather than posting on a Chinese board that's obscure to the western audience

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get out of this.
The indication that we may get a similar merch date reveals for Pokémon Switch, Alolan Vulpix only coming in August, etc.
It's just a way to say 'Hey, it's only movie merch for now sure, but that's doesn't mean jack shit for Pokémon Switch coming this year or not.'

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
People are inclined to believe what they want to believe.

Everyone wants to be seen as being relevant with leaks now, that's why we have so many people like Marcus Sellars.

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017

tumblr_inline_o1axwrbltr1qbajca_75sq.gif

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
The indication that we may get a similar merch date reveals for Pokémon Switch, Alolan Vulpix only coming in August, etc.
It's just a way to say 'Hey, it's only movie merch for now sure, but that's doesn't mean jack shit for Pokémon Switch coming this year or not.'

I understand that it would be leaked may 15 at worst

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
That at least gives some pressure to provide actual info at that point. We'll see if his countdown amounts to anything.

Depends how substantial his "hidden" information is. If it's something vague or obvious like "Z-Moves are coming back" then meh. Though if it turns out that he has indeed dropped some bombs without us even noticing it then kudos to him. We will see if he has been full of shit the whole time or if he has had indeed solid sources.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Liam Robertson and Emily Rogers follow this person

Pixelpar is VERY good at finding job openings and linkedin leaks
I think this is the first time I see that twitter profile talking so ...cryptic
Yeah, they recently claimed to have come into contact with someone who could confirm that the localisation jobs we discussed months back were in fact for a Pokémon game this year. That's what they're talking about right now, so we'll see if their source turns out to be legit.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
My problem is that if he says he knows the code names, there really isn't a way to verify it, unless someone corroborates it.

Oct 26, 2017
My problem is that if he says he knows the code names, there really isn't a way to verify it, unless someone corroborates it.

A lot of things he says can't be verified ASAP, like Studio 1-UP's involvement (which we won't know until the games release assuming the credits list credits everyone involved). The cynic in me thinks its to cover his ass in case he's wrong.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
A lot of things he says can't be verified ASAP, like Studio 1-UP's involvement (which we won't know until the games release assuming the credits list credits everyone involved). The cynic in me thinks its to cover his ass in case he's wrong.
The 1-UP studio's involvement was something he tried to deduce from picture in the background of some image on their website. He never claimed they were Pokémon, he just thought they looked like Pokémon and tried to discern something on them.

His stakes in leaking are currently that he was the person who posted the Lapras leaked image, and that he is now hinting at a Direct coming and claims that his posts hide the project codename and details about the project. We'll see about that, still: his claim to fame of leaking isn't there, so he'll have to prove his legitimacy before we should take what he says and consider it relevant to the discussion. Just a few days before his countdown ends, so then we will probably hear more.
For Pixelpar's countdown to end so that we can see what he is up to. (Or the direct if Pixelpar's info/hunch is correct)

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd say that he has no insider info but he thinks his unto something. He's been pretty open about the "not having insider infromation thing".

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Stop believeing anything people on twitter say. They're the modern day version of internet trolls from forums in the early 2000's.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
Actually, there's a bit of a clue in one of the images: "URAGAMER". Maybe that's a subtle hint to Eurogamer. Starts with Euro - Project Europa? I love a good puzzle :)

Ohto

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So he is just doing this for fun?
He's said that he does this for fun, nothing to take too seriously. He tweets interesting stuff, but I wouldn't take him too seriously.

Some people act way out of line, here and elsewhere. Don't take shit so seriously, just let it be. And the way too enthusiastic crowd who yell that the guy surely knows something can cnock it off too. Just chill, he might know something or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.