• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rotimi

Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
Games footage is really early as others have said but except from the beautifully designed region nothing sees to be changed yet in areas a lot of people complained about.

3D camera for one.
More open routes

others things like Pokemon following you. But we are being too critical of the first trailer and I think its gone overboard, would definitely need to see more before committing to a purchase.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
1551335453967.png

This is probably fake but man do i really like it

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Personally I've hated random battles in Pokémon for over a decade and I was ecstatic by Let's Go making it go away. Not sure I can recover from this disappointment, I mean I want to battle online but sigh. Hopefully they reveal other aspects that make up for it.
I hope you don't like 6v6 singles, because GF will probably neglect that too.

Personablue

Feb 10, 2019
I believe Pokemon and what we expect from today's generation of consoles kinda outgrew GameFreak, they're a pretty small team of about 150 people working on a first Switch Pokemon game which must be a bit too much on their plate. It's impressive enough they're accepting this challenge.
I would agree if you were talking about some small independent developers or a good series but mediocre sales.
Pokemon regularly has 15 million sales at 40$ backed by one of the biggest company, the Pokemon company and funded by Nintendo.
Now it will sell for 60$ a 50% increase in price.
The above excuse doesn't work with Pokemon

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
I just watched a chunk of the trailer. I don't play Pokemon, but thought it looked good visually. Are the characters you pick at the beginning of the game (to play as) meant to be you? I just saw a Caucasian boy and girl. Is this typical Nintendo slowness in providing options for people of non-Caucasian backgrounds?

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I think they didn't show starter gameplay to not give any tip off to what their typing/future typings will be. Fennekin becoming psychic was obvious right away, and that led to people expecting dark and fighting for the other two. Poppio also showed a fairy move early.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Scorbunny will probably be a Soccer player(American here so sorry.)

Wonder what the other twos themes could be for their final evo.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I just watched a chunk of the trailer. I don't play Pokemon, but thought it looked good visually. Are the characters you pick at the beginning of the game (to play as) meant to be you? I just saw a Caucasian boy and girl. Is this typical Nintendo slowness in providing options for people of non-Caucasian backgrounds?
Xy and sm/usum both have skin color options you pick at the start. It just wasn't shown in the trailer here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can choose your skin colour.
They usually showcase a trailer about the customization feature closer to release

Deleted member 54216

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 26, 2019
I think they didn't show starter gameplay to not give any tip off to what their typing/future typings will be. Fennekin becoming psychic was obvious right away, and that led to people expecting dark and fighting for the other two. Poppio also showed a fairy move early.
But otherwise they teased a bit with their reveal.
From my point of view the bunny is gonna become steel, the water ghost for obvious reason and grookey fighting type.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
But otherwise they teased a bit with their reveal.
From my point of view the bunny is gonna become steel, the water ghost for obvious reason and grookey fighting type.
Those all seem possible, but no official move tipoffs. Although I don't think gamefreak would want to have another grass/fighting repeat. I could see grass/rock for grookey.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I hope you guys will be happy with the fourth Fire/Fighting starter!

It really must've killed Game Freak to take a break from it for two Gens.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
custom.jpg
from sun/moon

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
What if it's grass/psychic? Psychic could be more closely related to music in a way, and it could be like its music is hypnotizing?

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I'm thinking

Grookey becomes Grass/Ground due to its cricket theme and the way it taps the ground to create a beat.

Scorbunny becomes Fire/Electric due to the magnets on its feet and face. It's also described as "bursting with energy".

Not sure about Sobble though. Didn't get much of an impression from it in the trailer.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm thinking

Grookey becomes Grass/Ground due to its cricket theme and the way it taps the ground to create a beat.

Scorbunny becomes Fire/Electric due to the magnets on its feet and face. It's also described as "bursting with energy".

Not sure about Sobble though. Didn't get much of an impression from it in the trailer.

It's a huge stretch but the camouflage makes me think Water/Psychic.

Oct 26, 2017
I've resolved to not agonize about whether to go into the game unspoiled or look at any data mining that may surface before release this time.

I'll be digging right into those datadumps as soon as they're available.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
What if it's grass/psychic? Psychic could be more closely related to music in a way, and it could be like its music is hypnotizing?

Could also maybe be Fairy and a druid type that uses music to make plant life grow and flourish

I've resolved to not agonize about whether to go into the game unspoiled or look at any data mining that may surface before release this time.

I'll be digging right into those datadumps as soon as they're available.

The datamining part is often really fun for me. I love seeing all the Pokemon's stats and movepools immediately. It does ruin a lot of remaining surprises though

Oct 26, 2017
Could also maybe be Fairy and a druid type that uses music to make plant life grow and flourish

The datamining part is often really fun for me. I love seeing all the Pokemon's stats and movepools immediately. It does ruin a lot of remaining surprises though

Exactly, and for previous game I always hesitated before eventually caving. This time there will be no hesitation.