Pokémon Sword and Shield announced. Coming Late 2019

Which starter will you choose?

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think it's legit (most likely not), but some of those can be argued. I've seen some people already nebulously calling Sobble every kind of reptile in the book, I can understand someone not knowing what species he is based off of a visual. That last point also isn't evidence whatsoever in either way. Plenty of leaks in the past that turned out to be real labeled them "fun" or "predictions".

Also, the logos do not mean they'll be wolves.
How can grass spider be argued? Or Scandinavia? Those completely end the rumor. There were tons of people predicting a fire bunny, and UK region.

Oct 25, 2017
Leaks are not always perfect, right?
Literally the only accurate aspect of that """"leak"""" that wasn't easily-guessable was the names, and that's not enough to outweigh the multiple things it gets absolutely flat-out wrong.

It's far more likely to be a fake that coincidentally got something right than a legit leak that just so happened to get major, verifiable stuff wrong.

Oct 25, 2017
The only weird thing he called out was the RR. The other stuff is pretty standard (and failed with the new alola forms really bad).
The only legit thing is the RR stuff, the rest is...a pretty easy guess for a 3rd version.
Also they got some stuff really wrong.
Which is, in itself, pretty hard to guess. They even named it and gave details about the context. Molayne as a new member of Elite 4 isn't exactly obvious either.

Not all rumors are 100% accurate, but flat out missing the starters and the region makes that last 4chan one pretty unreliable.

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
  • Sceptile > Venusaur > Serperior > Torterra > Decidueye > Meganium > Chesnaught
    (shiny Decidueye would be at #2)
  • Delphox > Charizard > Typhlosion > Infernape > Blaziken > Incineroar > Emboar
    (I actually don't like any of them that much from Typhlosion onwards)
  • Empoleon > Primarina > Blastoise > Greninja > Swampert > Samurott > Feraligatr
    (I love Squirtle and Wartortle but Blastoise has always looked so disappointing to me lol)

Overall:
  • Delphox
  • Empoleon
  • Primarina
  • Charizard
  • Sceptile
  • Venusaur
  • Blastoise
  • Serperior
  • Torterra
  • Decidueye
  • Greninja
  • Swampert
  • Meganium
  • Samurott
  • Typhlosion
  • Infernape
  • Blaziken
  • Feraligatr
  • Chesnaught
  • Incineroar
  • Emboar
this has made me realize how disappointing all the grass final evolutions are

I don't think that both legendaries will be wolves
Curiously I don't either.

It seems too, obvious? And, actually it would be kind of redundant to have the wolves on the cover AND the logo.

In previous games we've had things like symbols representing the mascots in the logos, like HeartGold/SoulSilver, or Sun/Moon, US/UM. X and Y feature just a little resemblence of Xerneas and Yveltal, Let's Go has the tails of Pikachu and Eevee.

But none of them have featured something as obvious or revealing as the head of the Pokémon, and even less, being identical for both versions, only changing the color. They almost kinda look like Lycanroc to me. I feel more inclined to think that that Pokémon whether is a new one or it's Lycanroc / new Lycanroc form, it's an important Pokémon in the story of the game, or more like, in the past history of the game, and it's the ultimate representative of the kingdom or what not, and they just use it for the theme of their armors, weapons, outfits, and any kind of official, royal ornament. Like the eagle being the national bird of the US.

So, or it's the same Pokémon with two forms/armors or they're repeating the Latias/Latios gimmick, but in Latios/Latias case at least they have a few differences, but these wolves look virtually the same. Either option seems kinda lame to me though, so I hope we get two completely different Pokémon for the covers.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that GameXplain thought to jump to 2 professors labs before assuming one is just a Pokemon trainer school makes me think it's a soft leak like when they "guessed" FF7-10 being announced all at once.

Then again they also thought SuMo trials having types associated with them meant there must be for every type, as if we never had gyms before, so who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone see Lootpots’ analysis of the signs in the reveal trailer?

Pixelpar managed to confect a whole new map of the region out of the reflection in the protagonist’s wardrobe!

GameXplain are on notice.

May 15, 2018
Did anyone see Lootpots’ analysis of the signs in the reveal trailer?

Pixelpar managed to confect a whole new map of the region out of the reflection in the protagonist’s wardrobe!

Now I love Derrick very much and his analysis. But his Pokémon Sword and Shield Analysis was hardly one. He just stated the obvious and said: Here's a flower, this is a house, does this mean, we could go INTO this house - there is no way of knowing at this point!
LootPots did an actual analysis... great work!

Oct 25, 2017

After finding Barunda at the edge of that manga panel and the cry order on a table at Game Freak in a Game Informer video, I guess we're going to have to step up our CSI Enhance game again now.

Seriously though, I respect the work that goes into nextgen analysis. There's a lot less time between coming up with a hypothesis and potentially being right or wrong about it than working with the scraps of older games that may never be figured out completely. That and it makes my job easier in a few years when I can go back and look at analysis of earlier builds.