• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So they're holding a contest to name a move, just like how Draco meteor was back in gen 4. With the Galar map giving me Sinnoh vibe, all I need is cross gen evolution and I am content.

Armoured Mewtwo redesign.

I'm all over it, I'm hyped!

tenor.gif

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also it's coded in Pokemon Go. IMO This
redesign of Armored Mewtwo isn't just made for the movie, i believe it will be present in S&S.
I think it's pretty certain that it's not just for the movie- they'd have left it untouched like every other design if it was.

I don't think it's hinting at a wider mechanic, though.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Remind me, what's the purpose of Mewtwo's armor again? I was under the impression that it was a means to control it.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's pretty certain that it's not just for the movie- they'd have left it untouched like every other design if it was.

I don't think it's hinting at a wider mechanic, though.
Yeah, Armored Evolutions remains to be seen. I'm excited for Armored Mewtwo, would like to see a clear full on image soon.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I hope you're prepared to feel disappointed then

I mean, if it becomes yet another form of Mewtwo, fine, but I just don't see other Pokémon getting this kind of "decoration" or mechanic to the point they will look unrecognizable. Plus if they're leaving the movie as it was, this is just tied to Team Rocket / Giovani so I don't see this being the new mechanic from Sword/Shield.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
People speculated that Donpahn would be replaced by a new promo Gen 8 Pokemon, and I love that it could well be that possibility. And now let's see if they would have the balls to do so without even showing it until the movie airs.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
People speculated that Donpahn would be replaced by a new promo Gen 8 Pokemon, and I love that it could well be that possibility. And now let's see if they would have the balls to do so without even showing it until the movie airs.

If there is a new Pokémon replacing Donphan, they could still reveal it from now till the movie premieres. We'll have to wait and see

see-2.gif

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
and Ash Greninja, which was clearly an anime-only deal
What are you even on about?

Ash-Greninja isn't in GO. I never said Ash-Greninja was anime only. I'm giving you two of many examples of GO exclusive stuff to show your statement is wrong and you're countering me with that?

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
So for the whole Mewtwo-A debate: I assume stuff like those Pikachu costumes have identical stats to Pikachu right? If Mewtwo-A gets more stuff added to go, that could give us more hints if its just a costume or a new forme.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
If there's some kind of SW/SH related promotion tied to GO I expect it to be something more accessible than Armored Mewtwo, which smells like weekend limited raid to me.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are you even on about?

Ash-Greninja isn't in GO. I never said Ash-Greninja was anime only. I'm giving you two of many examples of GO exclusive stuff to show your statement is wrong and you're countering me with that?
And I'm saying if GF wanted cross pollination, they'll get it. That's why I started out with "I wouldn't put it past them" with Armored Mewtwo appearing in the main games, despite appearing in Go first

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Did you guys see those renders of the characters for the Mewtwo remake movie? They look better than the actual models

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I know its a remake of an old as hell movie, but I love how this is literally going to be a movie about how Mewtwo is this ultimate god tier Pokemon, when there are now lots of legendaries that surpass it and even megas of the same pokemon that make its base form useless. I mean, Don't get me wrong, I am in love with witnessing some new that treats mewtwo as this ultimate badass again. It makes me feel all tingly inside.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I noticed we see Bulbasaur dodging a fire attack in a field.

That never happened when he fought Donphan, so...

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
Brother my brother....

Also, it looked like that Blastoise cannon animation was identical to the one from the Stadium series.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If Mewtwo gets Qubely-style bits it can control remotely I'll be okay with this...

Though Vespiquen KINDA does that already with Combee.

JetstreamRorschach

One Winged Slayer
Dec 30, 2017
Zaragoza, Spain.
How is this more appropriate than what his armor looked like before? Nothing about this design makes sense. It's just edgy and overdesigned
I prefer a lot the new color scheme. Also, it looks like it does something more than turning Mewtwo into a mindless puppet. It has a weaponized motif, similar to Genesect and appropriate to the character given his origin.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
I just want some kind of Pokemon media that's cel shaded and looks like the original 2d artwork, but so much media goes hard in the opposite direction ie. Pokken, promotional videos for tcg or GO, that new Mewtwo movie.

Sword and Shield is the closest thing, but even the cg video for that games starters unveiling was that kind of promo style. Am I just crazy or do people really prefer that?