• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think the difference is that with most of the other games we got a lot more info up front. We still havnt seen any pokemon outside of the starters. We know very little about the region. It's all a big mystery.

Edit: atleast in my head.
With X & Y that's not the case. We had the starters and Legends in that reveal

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the main professor this time around is female, Burnet making her arrival to the main games in Sun and Moon was nice, but we still only have Juniper, Fennel and Burnet at the moment.

I'm going to guess we'll have Professor Hawthorn in this one looking at native UK trees.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need a shiny Clefable avatar. I'm turning over a new leaf when Sword and Shield comes out by leaving my dark past behind.

Feb 20, 2019
I need a Galarian Banette in my life

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
DP got delayed, which led to that gap.
I heard this a lot over the years and I even repeated it for a while, but I've never been able to locate where it came from. I also remember some article talking about DP's development which had an image of GF employees constructing Sinnoh out of Lego or Lego-likes but I've never been able to find that again either.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
I heard this a lot over the years and I even repeated it for a while, but I've never been able to locate where it came from. I also remember some article talking about DP's development which had an image of GF employees constructing Sinnoh out of Lego or Lego-likes but I've never been able to find that again either.

Well this IGN article talks about DP being moved from 2005 to 2006 https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/07/12/pokemon-update-2
serebii's archives (which boy what a time capsule) also say 2005 when the games were announced in October 2004

But this IGN article, from their announcement, doesnt mention a date at all, just that they're in development https://www.ign.com/articles/2004/10/07/nds-gets-pokemon-sequels

THIS article mentions upcoming 2005 games across gamecube, gba & ds alongside Masuda pushing 2005 development of the mainline games https://www.ign.com/articles/2004/12/30/pokemon-in-2005

Nintendo's financial documents for 2004 & 2005 also don't list the games at all

So maybe the original unveil had no 2005 date and it was just assumptions (maybe based on proximity to other games?) based on no date given?

e: It occurs to me you have probably seen these exact articles anyway so whoops

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
Well this IGN article talks about DP being moved from 2005 to 2006 https://www.ign.com/articles/2005/07/12/pokemon-update-2
serebii's archives (which boy what a time capsule) also say 2005 when the games were announced in October 2004
Yeah this is one I found, I'm thinking this might have been the origin due to how it was worded. Also don't feel bad about linking me stuff (sometimes people link me my own articles that I wrote), I'd much rather find something I missed than end up with nothing at all.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell, that DP drought. Thank God I was an angsty teenager back then and barely caring about Pokémon at all.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So CoroCoro will leak either on Sunday or Monday but I don't expect much info. If there was anything important TPC would have revealed it themselves beforehand.

We will probably get news near the end of the month.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So CoroCoro will leak either on Sunday or Monday but I don't expect much info. If there was anything important TPC would have revealed it themselves beforehand.

We will probably get news near the end of the month.
For SM and USUM didn't they upload the videos usually the day before or the day that Coro Coro leaked?

Feb 20, 2019
I really hope Corocoro gives us some clues about the game, like not even showing a new mon or a new gimmick but simply talking about some features and some confirmation about stuff

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
corocoro5161.jpg

To this day I cannot believe this was an actual thing pritned in an actual magazine

Feb 20, 2019
Oh, and who is expecting a new eeveelution?
I think that since LGPE came out, GF realized that Eevee is popular among players ( personally it's not my cup of tea but heh ): Eevee is a starter, and he's always next to his pal pikachu on Pokemon Center goodies. And don't forget that Eevee Z move in the anime
So if Eevee is so popular, my bet is that GF will get it a brand new evolution soon, maybe a steel type? A new eeveelution could be some serious hype train stuff with fans, implying the game getting more recognition

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Lana and Illima are both said to be competing in the league according to PokeAni and both have regular Eevee at the moment.
Let's take a second and remember the Eevee trainer (as in, he had every eevee evolution and a normal ass eevee) from Unova who everyone thought for sure would evolve Eevee into Sylveon and just didn't

Also I've not kept 100% up with anime upcoming stuff, beyond the occasional title i see on serebii, but is Ash's torracat still set to stay a torracat?
In retrospect you can actually make out the Legendaries.
Actually I think they're straight up not on there at all. If you compare with the final boxes, they take up about 90% of the screen. You can make out the blurred logos, but you'd need to shine out the entire box to hide lunala

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Doesn't Lana only have like two Pokemon, how the f is she gonna compete in a league.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
I'm surprised Shauna didn't return. it felt like they were hinting at that with her going to an untitled far away region

and who returned? Dexio and Sina!

I don't know why, but I'm not complaining
Vacation Dexio and Sina had way more personality than their XY selves, and they had great outfits, so I definitely didn't mind.

Green098

May 19, 2018
Also I've not kept 100% up with anime upcoming stuff, beyond the occasional title i see on serebii, but is Ash's torracat still set to stay a torracat?

I think some have been speculating that it's going to evolve in the upcoming Celebi episode were Ash travels back in time and meets a young Professor Kukui.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't Lana only have like two Pokemon, how the f is she gonna compete in a league.
The Alolan League seems pretty basic compared to the past ones in anime. It seems anyone can compete and there is no established rules or suggestions on how many Pokemon can enter. Makes sense as this is the first League competition in the region.

Not sure if they can make it as compelling as the previous season for the fanbase or not. Already some fans are thinking it as a "fake league".

Though the SuMo season is already divisive for a lot of people from the art style to the breaking of the formula by having Ash more grounded in attending school instead of traveling around.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lana has a fully evolved Starter so she's fine.

Mallow is the weakest link among the cast though some think that Oranguru is gonna team up with her.