• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why anyone's giving those purported Coro Coro leaks seriously- nothing about the style or the layout is at all consistent.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and who is expecting a new eeveelution?
I think that since LGPE came out, GF realized that Eevee is popular among players ( personally it's not my cup of tea but heh ): Eevee is a starter, and he's always next to his pal pikachu on Pokemon Center goodies. And don't forget that Eevee Z move in the anime
So if Eevee is so popular, my bet is that GF will get it a brand new evolution soon, maybe a steel type? A new eeveelution could be some serious hype train stuff with fans, implying the game getting more recognition
I hope we get a new Eeveelution or two. When we only got one in Gen 6 I thought that maybe they were changing from 2 every other gen to 1 every gen, but boy was I wrong.
Speaking of, what is everyone's rankings for unused types for your most wanted Eeveelutions? For me it's;
1. Dragon
2. Bug
3. Ghost
4. Flying
5. Poison
6. Steel
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Ground
10. Normal

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I hope we get a new Eeveelution or two. When we only got one in Gen 6 I thought that maybe they were changing from 2 every other gen to 1 every gen, but boy was I wrong.
Speaking of, what is everyone's rankings for unused types for your most wanted Eeveelutions? For me it's;
1. Dragon
2. Bug
3. Ghost
4. Flying
5. Poison
6. Steel
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Ground
10. Normal
I am certain if we get an Eeveeoultion - it would specifically counter Slyveon. My bet is Steel or Poison and Steel makes the most sense to me especially if they take a Steampunk Theme (which is based on Victorian London) with it

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I am certain if we get an Eeveeoultion - it would specifically counter Slyveon. My bet is Steel or Poison and Steel makes the most sense to me especially if they take a Steampunk Theme (which is based on Victorian London) with it
Possible, but there is also the continued speculation that they would finish off the types that were Special in gens 1-3, of which Dragon is the only one left.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Think we'll get a new type this generation? Sound has often been theorised, Would be fun to see, I can see the Whismur line becoming sound, Chatot as well, possibly Jigglypuff could get a sound second type (Even if it probably means a third type change for Jigglypuff, little weird for it to go from Normal to Fairy to possibly Fairy/Sound.)

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
A "Sound" typing would mean that "Sound" based moves like Hyper Voice and Clanging Scales would change to said "Sound" typing, meaning that certain mons like Kommo-o would get nerfed.
Overall I'd say that Sound should stay as a mechanic rather than a typing itself.

A new typing would be cool but I don't really think it's necessary right now, especially since I don't think any type is particularly more powerful than the others like Dragon typing was back in Gen 4. If anything I'd increase typings that resist fairy / are super effective vs fairy

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing that Eevee thing is related to Glaceon and Leafeon.

Think we'll get a new type this generation? Sound has often been theorised, Would be fun to see, I can see the Whismur line becoming sound, Chatot as well, possibly Jigglypuff could get a sound second type (Even if it probably means a third type change for Jigglypuff, little weird for it to go from Normal to Fairy to possibly Fairy/Sound.)
Fairy was added to make Dragon weaker and they may not feel the need to do so again.

Feb 24, 2018
I think we're definitely going to get some form of variant form but if that's something a la regional forms is still up in the air. Super Training is 100% not coming back, imo though
Shame on Super Training, that mode really made Competitive Pokemon way more accessible for me (just could never get into it the same way in Gen 7) and was ripe for improvement like a solid southpaw mode for lefthanded people and making the training for each stat more varied like a unique mini game for each (which I just realized Gen VII didn't have many mini games).

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shame on Super Training, that mode really made Competitive Pokemon way more accessible for me (just could never get into it the same way in Gen 7) and was ripe for improvement like a solid southpaw mode for lefthanded people and making the training for each stat more varied like a unique mini game for each (which I just realized Gen VII didn't have many mini games).

I prefer Isle Evelup, have a group of 6 pokemon you want to level up in a particular stat (Speed for example) then just set it to 63 sessions and let them hit the max for that EV whilst I focus on something else like Battle Tree or similar. Can also set it just before sleeping for the night and have something going on whilst sleeping as well.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
I prefer Isle Evelup, have a group of 6 pokemon you want to level up in a particular stat (Speed for example) then just set it to 63 sessions and let them hit the max for that EV whilst I focus on something else like Battle Tree or similar. Can also set it just before sleeping for the night and have something going on whilst sleeping as well.
I think similar. I understand that in total time Super Training can be faster but Isle Evelup does it passive

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It took too long for my liking. I really enjoyed Super Training and it was part of the reason I got into the competitive scene in gen 6 and I'm left handed and it felt nice to actually use my left for the mini game. I didn't like Poké Pelago as a whole. Yeah the EV Training Isle was convenient when you maxed it out but it takes too long which was a major turn off for me.

Super Training was not perfect but it was quicker. I'm hoping if Game Freak goes the Poké Pelago Route again they speed up the EV Training process at least.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
They should definitely have both a manual grind like super training and a passive option like pelago, imo. I missed super training too, thought it was one of the coolest parts of XY. A bit repetitive but that's Pokemon

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity, when would the anime transition from Alola to Galar in Japan? Do they time it for around the game's release date or is there a month or two buffer?

The last time I experienced the anime transition was way back in the Hoenn days and I imagine it's changed a bit since then. Wonder if they'll even be able to keep the same aesthetic and tone going or if it'll just become Inazuma Eleven.

Last edited:

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
if there was something in this month's cororo we probably would've gotten the official trailer by now. I have a feeling we'll be hearing nothing this month.

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, when would the anime transition from Alola to Galar in Japan? Do they time it for around the game's release date or is there a month or two buffer?

The last time I experienced the anime transition was way back in the Hoenn days and I imagine it's changed a bit since then. Wonder if they'll even be able to keep the same aesthetic and tone going or if it'll just become Inazuma Eleven.
The anime and merchandise is usually well in-tune with the games. The new series usually starts the week of or the week after the new generation is released.

The Sun/Moon anime probably has around 25 episodes left.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
if there was something in this month's cororo we probably would've gotten the official trailer by now. I have a feeling we'll be hearing nothing this month.
For reference, here's how the SM stuff shook out

May:
Trailer announced on Friday the 6th for Tuesday the 10th
CoroCoro had nothing about SM at all, near as I can tell, just the Magearna movie details. They did release a slightly tweaked version of the trailer, though.
On Wednesday May 18th they announced new information coming on Thursday June 2nd

June:
The trailer on June 2nd
For the Taiwan national championships they showed off the 2 Zygarde formes in SM
CoroCoro had Rockruff & Komala (side note remember this: "CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret " and everyone thought day & night forms and such? Ahhh fun times.)
Thursday June 16th, e3, we had the new Pokemon reveals, Battle Royal and a bunch of footage and such
Sunday June 26th announced new trailer for Friday July 1st

July:
Trailer on July 1st
July 3rd had the Hong Kong championships show a trailer for Komala & Rockruff
July 7th Masuda revealed Salandit at the Japan Expo in paris.
CoroCoro showed off Mimikyu & Bewear
They announced & released a trailer on Tuesday July 19th
Announced the next trailer on Friday July 22 for Monday August 1

August:
Trailer on August 1
CoroCoro had Wishiwashi, Sandygast & its evo, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Stufful. Also accidentally (?) Pyukumuku
A new trailer on Thursday August 11th
Gamescom had Tortunator on Thursday the 18th
World Championships had the corocoro pokemon and Crabrawler on Friday the 19th

September:
There was a new trailer on Thursday September 1st's direct.
Tuesday September 6th had another (surprise?) trailer
Thursday September 8th had a commercial trailer alongside news of another drop on Wednesday September 14
CoroCoro had Lycanroc & the 2 UB2s, which would be in the trailer but leaked earlier
Tuesday September 20th had another trailer

October:
Trailer on Tuesday October 4th with an announcement for another on Friday October 14th
CoroCoro had silvally, alolan grimer, Jangmo-o's evolutions and such
Trailer on the 14th
Another trailer on Thursday October 27th, doesn't seem like it had a preannouncement

November:
CoroCoro had Necrozma, and the rest of the UBs
The 14th had the z move trailer
The games came out!!

So CoroCoro will proabbly have nothing, but that doesn't necessarily mean no trailer coming since SM had a trailer ebfore corocoro but corocoro still had nothing.

Zerokku

Oct 25, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered before, but do we have any confirmation on whether or not Sword & Shield will be able to connect to any of the other games/bank/go?

Sheentak

Oct 25, 2017
Could we get SwSh news on Tuesday? XY and SM got their first post-reveal trailer news on the second Tuesday of May.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
GF really needs to rethink it's mythicals and Post release hidden legendaries (a la Zeraora) distribution methods

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo uploaded an SS web commercial less than a week ago. Probably doesn't mean much, but certainly, we aren't far from actual news

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo uploaded an SS web commercial less than a week ago. Probably doesn't mean much, but certainly, we aren't far from actual news

Yeah, also this

I can see Pokemon SwSh news hitting this week. Makes sense, if it's next week then it's too close to e3 when it's likely they will show something there too.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Yeah, also this

I can see Pokemon SwSh news hitting this week. Makes sense, if it's next week then it's too close to e3 when it's likely they will show something there too.

Pay no heed to twitter "leakers". For example...

Note: There was no April Direct

Now news may be imminent (it does seem like CoroCoro lacks stuff btw), but don't listen to random people on Twitter who try to make out they have insider information

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm excited for the news, but I don't know if I'm ready
d947jjt-12c4e696-8e99-4f1b-974e-7c34b2f84041.gif

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Pay no heed to twitter "leakers". For example...

Note: There was no April Direct

Now news may be imminent (it does seem like CoroCoro lacks stuff btw), but don't listen to random people on Twitter who try to make out they have insider information

Yeah, agreed on that. Still am hopeful news are due this week.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
It's so easy to say that news is coming this month and make yourself seem like a leaker because news has so consistently come in May

May 15th 2006: First screenshots of Diamond & Pearl
May 15th 2008: First reveal of Platinum
May 8th 2009: First reveal of HeartGold & SoulSilver
May 15th 2010: First reveal of starters for Pokémon Black & White
May 15th 2012: Second information release of Pokémon Dream Radar and its connectivity to Black 2 & White 2 (alongside Therian Forms), and the reveal of the PWT
May 14th 2013: Second information release for Pokémon X & Y showcasing more of Castelia City, Fletchling, Heloptile, Pancham & Gogoat
May 7th 2014: Reveal of Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire
May 10th 2016: Second information release for Pokémon Sun & Moon showcasing Rowlet, Litten, Popplio, Solgaleo & Lunala as well as first footage
May 30th 2018: Reveal of Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Let's Go, Eevee! and release of Pokémon Quest

Only time it hasn't hit May in the last decade and a half is with Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon so you can easily just say news is coming, then in the possible chance it does then go "See I told you. I'm a leaker. Now follow me for more vague statements that I'll warp into facts as well as more asinine bullshit"

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
It appears not. We've got a load of TCG stuff from it (though not images yet) and Yo-kai stuff and typically new Pokémon would be among the first thing to leak if there was newer stuff in it.
Yeah... It's weird.

From the SM era I don't remember TPC releasing a trailer the same week after CoroCoro leaked with info that wasn't in the magazine in any way. Am I wrong? That's why I think the last week of May is more likely.