Pokémon Sword and Shield announced. Coming Late 2019

Which starter will you choose?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
So do you think they might incorporate a "join a team!" element to online battles in this akin to Pokemon Go's thing where you represent one of those three clans?

I was thinking with the setting it'd be cool if you could in-game join a Royal House and then on WiFi you represent that. And in-game make it sort of like the Battle Chateau but more expansive?

Speaking of which both Wikstrom and Grimsley have similar designs and are both said to be from a royal household that fell on bad times...I have a theory they're from the same one and are Galar natives.
Now you've made me think of the Divisions in Xenoblade X and I want it SOOOOO much now in Pokémon. Think about it: Pokémon is a multifaceted game that can be enjoyed in many diferent ways: collecting, battling, breeding, exploring, solving people's problems... Picking a division and ranking up in said division by doing the things you like the most is a perfect fit for Pokémon.

I hate you for making me hyped over something I'll never get.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
So will this game have Pokemon following you or no? Any predictions on this matter?
I have a veeeeeery tiny little hope that they implement it, mostly because we always get Pokémon in the overworld, like, when you enter a house and they have a Meowth, Pidgey or something, so they need to implement those models anyway (unless they totally remove them for this game). I know that doesn't necessarily imply that they have to implement the following the trainer mechanic, since they're two different things, but I wouldn't rule that possibility out just yet.

But it's very likely that it won't come back. Not only is too good to be true, but also I just don't think it matches the style of the new games, what we've seen so far.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only now realising how little bug was in Gen 6.
Anywho, Gen 7 had great bugs, not quite Gen 5 tier of buggin' out but pretty dang strong on the whole, Ribombee is rad.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Wait meltan is gen 7 too!? Well fuck me...
Technically I guess...

The thing is there's no official statement as to what a generation is, even though it's been mentioned in some media.

I keep wondering, even if it's not THAT official, I've recently bought all these sticker books, or another one that has like every Pokémon shown in posters in scale, to show the size comparison, and they usually divide/classify Pokémon in regions/generations. One of the books included only until Blacephalon and the other one does include Zeraora. When these books keep coming in the following years they will have to include Meltan and Melmetal somewhere. It will be odd that they put them in Alola, but would be weird too if they put them in a whole section just for them.

Now, what would happen if Meltan is available in Galar? The debate will never end, because some people will keep saying it's from Gen VII because it came out in Let's Go / Go. But others will say it's from Gen VIII because it's from Galar region.

I had hope they wouldn't be given a Pokédex number until the Switch games, so they would turn out to be 900-something, but they were already assigned 808 and 809, putting them at the end of Gen VII, or the beginning of Gen VIII (like Victini in Gen V) depending of which team you choose lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a gen 5 lover but come on, that bus is original, cute and creative while staying consistent in what it's trying to represent

Escavalier stays the boss tho
Escavalier hnnnh
Just skip diamond and peal for gen V remakes(ok no I take that back I need poke seals)
delete this
and lets not forget about Stronk Boi

delete this as well

brinstar

Oct 25, 2017
Technically I guess...

The thing is there's no official statement as to what a generation is, even though it's been mentioned in some media.

I keep wondering, even if it's not THAT official, I've recently bought all these sticker books, or another one that has like every Pokémon shown in posters in scale, to show the size comparison, and they usually divide/classify Pokémon in regions/generations. One of the books included only until Blacephalon and the other one does include Zeraora. When these books keep coming in the following years they will have to include Meltan and Melmetal somewhere. It will be odd that they put them in Alola, but would be weird too if they put them in a whole section just for them.

Now, what would happen if Meltan is available in Galar? The debate will never end, because some people will keep saying it's from Gen VII because it came out in Let's Go / Go. But others will say it's from Gen VIII because it's from Galar region.

I had hope they wouldn't be given a Pokédex number until the Switch games, so they would turn out to be 900-something, but they were already assigned 808 and 809, putting them at the end of Gen VII, or the beginning of Gen VIII (like Victini in Gen V) depending of which team you choose lol
I don't understand why this whole thing is a debate to begin with. Meltan & Melmetal are mythicals paired with Let's Go just like Zeraora was paired with US/UM. I don't understand why this is tripping up folks. The region isn't important. You captured Deoxys in Kanto originally, but it would've still been included with Hoenn Pokemon in a National Dex order list.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why this whole thing is a debate to begin with. Meltan & Melmetal are mythicals paired with Let's Go just like Zeraora was paired with US/UM. I don't understand why this is tripping up folks. The region isn't important. You captured Deoxys in Kanto originally, but it would've still been included with Hoenn Pokemon in a National Dex order list.
The problem is that we've never had a generation of Pokemon games that were in two consoles. This is why the Deoxys example falls apart, because at least you were able to trade it between FRLG and RSE. You can't do the same with Melmetal.

Moltres006

Jan 5, 2019
Another thing that I want is for them to upgrade Sap Sipper and Flash Fire to have a similar effect as Lighting Rod and Storm Drain. Maybe sap sipper can absorb all grass attacks and raise the user's attack stat by 1 stage.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Costa Rica
Technically I guess...

Except we know from the index number it's considered a Gen 7 Pokémon by Game Freak.

Also mentioning the sticker books is worthless as in the past those usually excluded mythical, yet to be revealed Pokémon like Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, etc. That's how it's always worked.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

Gotta shout out to my Boy Scolipede while we are talking about bugs. (Also man he's so huge. IRL he would be pretty scary to run into.)

KillstealWolf

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why do a bunch of people have Digimon avatars now?
The Biggest Entertainment Brand ever not looking likely to hit a Billion Dollars at the box office.

I signed up keeping to my word putting the film back in January as one of the top 5 highest grossing films of the year down in 5th. Whoops. The hype was much higher back than, sorta fluttered off since then.

I put my name in the FOR bank even knowing that opening weekend prediction and the lack of excitement in China pre-sales was probably going to mean it's not going to make it there. They gave me a bad ass Greymon Avatar though. Surprised they didn't do worse.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Golisod's design,the only bug in the 7th gen I liked.Bug type has a lot of good ones every gen,even the trash 5th gen has Volcarona,Scolipede,Galvantula,Durant,Genesect. (now I am surprised,it is a lot)