• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
To me, they all look the same as in no different from the official stuff. I can't tell the difference.

Those kinds of ref sheets are generally drawn on traditional media ie. ink and paper. There will always be a lot of simplification and strong silhouette+shape design elements so things like the plain humanlike hands and feet are a big nope. The only thing that really stands out shape wise are the pompadour (seems inspired by simisage) and star shapes (found on other existing ape pokemon), and outside of that its pretty forgettable.

Last edited:

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
1558227151328.png

If someone find the artist who made this mon, please send his links to me, it such a good design.

Looks like a cooler version of Simisage.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Not since Generation VII

You can see, for example, Jangmo-o, Popplio and Salandit's official artwork is by Yusuke Ohmura
429px-Jangmo-oDragonMajesty52.jpg
429px-PopplioLostThunder65.jpg

429px-SalanditDoubleBlaze17.jpg

All the TCG that use official artwork from Gen I - Gen VI, including the ones that still appear in SM sets, list Ken Sugimori as the artist, regardless of who originally designed them. That's not the case with Gen VII's Pokémon.
Na, some Gen VI ones were Ohmura too.

Also some Gen 7 ones were Sugimori including Magearna and Zygarde's forms

Oct 26, 2017
What Digimon is in your avi? lol

https://wikimon.net/Betsumon

Just speaking of shinies one of my all time favorite request for Pokemon was to have another set of shiny Pokemon alongside the original with a different means to obtain them/different rates then a shiny.

Not more rare or less rare, just another alternate version to give collectors another run to obtain them.

I'd also like something like this, but at the same time I don't like what it would mean for my mild Pokemon collecting addiction...

Adding something like this would also mean that the odds to get either a classic or new shiny would double(again), which is nice for the more casual players with bad shiny luck.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Na, some Gen VI ones were Ohmura too.

Also some Gen 7 ones were Sugimori including Magearna and Zygarde's forms

Oh, well I was talking specifically about Pokémon cards. I know Ohmura did several of the trainer cards from XY expansions, and Sugimori for SM.

And yeah, I suppose some generation VII Pokémon were actually drawn by Sugimori, but I put those three as examples because they're the only ones that have used the official artwork for the SM TCG expansions. And I don't know which Gen VI Pokémon's artwork was drawn by Ohmura, because all the TCG from Gen VI that use official artwork list Ken Sugimori as illustrator, and that's the only reference I have to know who draws who, because I ignore most of them lol

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Almost certainly pre-empted by E3 and maybe even the main CoroCoro magazine

N75

self-requested temp ban
Oct 25, 2017
That's after E3 so it's not surprising

The real question is if the main magazine will have info and leak before the direct.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
We'll probably get a trailer before Coro Coro

Can't wait!

EDIT: Right, E3 is before haha so it'll probably be just be E3 stuff

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Still 3 weeks away from confirmed info then. Hopefully we get something before then, this has been a very long wait by modern pre-release schedules.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I find really imteresting how they're waiting for E3 to give us some news.
Or they got something new/diferent to show about the games, something really 'wow' or we're getting a huge news blowout.
Either way, is SOMETHING.