• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
More Pokémon revealed in the CGI look of the new Mewtwo Movie:

D0g5y5aXcAY08Ec.jpg:large
Armored Mewtwo but its being hidden. Huh. And there are two of em even stranger.
Oh you're right, the lab has those windows on the right side.

zUC1SAW.jpg

Then I wonder what's the purple house near the lake.
I also just realized its a bit annoying the black ceiling is there, they couldn't make it more detailed? And why does it go out to the greenhouse portion, it should be a glass ceiling with a view to the sky damn it.
D0cYmAFUcAALwQx

Found this on Twitter.

This is promising, the textures are upgraded and using different shaders.
Hair and mouth look to have a bit more detail on Mincinno.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's wild. If this is actually happening, I hope we see it in the trailer coming today just so we can get that out of the way. Armoured Evolution sounds way too crazy to be real, but I would've said that about Mega Evolutions way back when.
Well maybe they just redesigned the movie one and that's just gonna be in the movie. But the way they're hiding it and the "armored evolution leak" makes me think that's gonna end up being real.

Oct 25, 2017
It says Armored Mewtwo in katakana and it's basically a new form I guess.

I'll assume the leaks about Armored Evolutions are right. lol
Yep.
ミュウツー (Mewtwo)&
アーマード (Armored) ミュウツー (Mewtwo)

Hiding armored mewtwo when you'd expect it just to be the same as what we already know is strange. Does make me think they could possibly be hiding the reveal because it is an updated form that possibly ties into the new games.

And I wonder why there are two. Armored Mewtwo X and Armored Mewtwo Y? Or maybe armor provides some special typing resistance? Like maybe one is resistant to dark and the other is resistant to bug or something. Edit: I forgot these were titled Sword and Shield. Probably Offense and Defense forms.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018
Oh you're right, the lab has those windows on the right side.

zUC1SAW.jpg

Then I wonder what's the purple house near the lake.
Maybe we'll get a short Mr. Pokemon-type sidequest a la Johto. Except this time, it's two different Pokemon Labs. The question is really if it's going to be two labs meant for the same Professor or two of them. Might be fun to have like sibling Professors that embody the sword vs. shield themes lol.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Regarding Armoured Evoultions, my prediction is they will get a boost in stats and get the Steel Sub Typing:

Armoured Mewtwo - Psychic/Steel.

Armoured Zeraora - Electric/Steel

Armoured Flygon - Ground/Steel

Armoured Charizard - Fire/Steel

I am going to make a prediction - Armoured Forms will tie into the main villains of the game. Them being the PokeRomans.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
And here is it in gif form for people to compare and stop with their bad faith arguments
1551381080-ezgif-2-5be1f38d59d6.gif

1551381554-dddd.gif

Lovely. Although, not to be picky, but why do Lucario's black thingies of his head look so polygonal, compared to other parts of its body?

JG3fc8L.jpg

I wonder why they removed every single Pokémon Center from the map and what is the new "big" purple building. It seems to be a Pokémon Market but possibly with more stuff?

Maybe there are no more Pokémon Centers? And we'll have to stick to potions and revives. Boom! There's your difficult mode lol

Jk, nah, maybe they got a different style, or they're now within buildings, maybe the stadiums?

Jan 9, 2018
Yep.
ミュウツー (Mewtwo)&
アーマード (Armored) ミュウツー (Mewtwo)

Hiding armored mewtwo when you'd expect it just to be the same as what we already know is strange and does make me think they could possibly be hiding the reveal because it actually is an updated form that possibly ties into the new games.

And I wonder why there are two. Armored Mewtwo X and Armored Mewtwo Y?
Armored Mewtwo but its being hidden. Huh. And there are two of em even stranger.
I mean, I've always loved Mewtwo so I'm okay with more favourism I guess, genuinely surprised that we're getting two different ones but it makes sense. Armoured Mewtwo (Sword) and Armoured Mewtwo (Shield) are perfect ways to highlight the new mechanic while also giving us some exciting version exclusives. Literally just X and Y again, but that worked out last time anyways.

Well maybe they just redesigned the movie one and that's just gonna be in the movie. But the way they're hiding it and the "armored evolution leak" makes me think that's gonna end up being real.
Yeah, no way the leaker would have guessed this this time...
I definitely think it's real, but I also want it to be real so there's that lol.

But we should note that Mewtwo with his armour is actually a pretty popular ask. When we got the Megas, I remember a common sentiment was that Mewtwo with his classic anime armour would've been cooler than X and Y. People still ask for the armour in Smash, although that's not too common. When the new Mewtwo movie was announced, there was a lot of speculation about armour coming back, as well. It wouldn't be to hard to guess, since I've even predicted it myself, just not as an evolution/new mechanic.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You seem to completely miss his entire point. In fact, by laser focusing on just one animation you seem to miss the point of yours. Do you always move goalposts this badly or is it just for your favorite corporation?

i dont think you quite understand the words you've typed but it's okay, i just wanted to correct some absurd hyperbolic misinformation amongst the sea that there are in this thread. i can live without your ridiculous attempts at ad hominem though, here's the attention you wanted ✌️

Lovely. Although, not to be picky, but why do Lucario's black thingies of his head look so polygonal, compared to other parts of its body?

that's how is original 3d model is. I assume they didn't change him:
CggIMuM.jpg

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Maybe there are no more Pokémon Centers? And we'll have to stick to potions and revives. Boom! There's your difficult mode lol

Jk, nah, maybe they got a different style, or they're now within buildings, maybe the stadiums?
You can see a traditional Pokemon center in that pic, it's just not on the map.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
How come I have the nagging feeling we aren't getting any new evolutions or pre-evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon this gen? : / Is Gen 2 and 4 just anomalies?

Oct 25, 2017
What if armored mewtwo is just this lol

OuJKq7E.jpg

That's exactly why people are talking. Because we already know what an Armored Mewtwo looks like, it is that. So why hide it? And why two versions?
Following the rumored leak that accurately predicted Sword/Shield/UK and also mentioned armored forms, this tidbit becomes interesting.

But honestly I've wanted that armored mewtwo since forever so if we get it I'd be pretty pleased. I just hope they don't mangle it if they are changing it up.

I mean, I've always loved Mewtwo so I'm okay with more favourism I guess, genuinely surprised that we're getting two different ones but it makes sense. Armoured Mewtwo (Sword) and Armoured Mewtwo (Shield) are perfect ways to highlight the new mechanic while also giving us some exciting version exclusives. Literally just X and Y again, but that worked out last time anyways.

Right...I totally forgot the game titles for a moment. Offense/Defense armor forms most likely.
I just hope at least one of them mostly takes after classic armored mewtwo to make 10 year old me happy.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
How come I have the nagging feeling we aren't getting any new evolutions or pre-evolutions of pre-existing Pokemon this gen? : / Is Gen 2 and 4 just anomalies?
In gen 6 we got an Eevee evolution :P

I think we will get previous gen evolutions in gen 8, if armoured evolutions is fake. Otherwise it's just gonna be armoured evolutions and Eevee's evo will be steeleon. ;)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I know this is going to sound dumb but if we are getting Steampunk inspired locations like one of the areas was suggesting wouldn't it be possible that the Armoured evolutions could be Steampunk inspired. Yes i know i said the Armoured evolutions could be Roman inspired by Steampunk evolution would fit the region more.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I do admit it's kinda odd that both Legendaries are Greek Inspired when the Reigon is Great Britain buuut that was also the case in X/Y with Norse Legendary Pokemon in France
That's how Gamefreak operates unfortunately. Loves Greek Mythology, culture, architecture, and everything about the lore, but they couldn't be damned to make an actual Greek Region.

Edit:Oh god, Ouroboros and Meltan being involved in Armored Evolution brings back the alchemy angle. We are never gonna be able to bury the Alchemy Memes are we. And its not gonna help the Kalos PostGame arguement either. I'm too old for this shit.

Mickagau

Dec 11, 2018
France

I definitely think it's real, but I also want it to be real so there's that lol.

But we should note that Mewtwo with his armour is actually a pretty popular ask. When we got the Megas, I remember a common sentiment was that Mewtwo with his classic anime armour would've been cooler than X and Y. People still ask for the armour in Smash, although that's not too common. When the new Mewtwo movie was announced, there was a lot of speculation about armour coming back, as well. It wouldn't be to hard to guess, since I've even predicted it myself, just not as an evolution/new mechanic.
Sure but I think it's rather the fact to have 3 lucky guesses correct that seems unlikely. It could happen but the guy should play the lottery if it is the case lol

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
i dont think you quite understand the words you've typed but it's okay, i just wanted to correct some absurd hyperbolic misinformation amongst the sea that there are in this thread. i can live without your ridiculous attempts at ad hominem though, here's the attention you wanted ✌️

that's how is original 3d model is. I assume they didn't change him:
CggIMuM.jpg

Hm, yeah, Lucario could have used some tweaks there, wouldn't be the first time they changed a model. But hey, I think he still looks fine.

I wonder though, when will even the nice 3ds models they created look dated, and how hard it would be to just give them a polygon bump when it happens? I'm no 3d modeler so I'm quite ignorant here, I hope they wouldn't have to start from scratch all over again.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who's ready for VGC to have
  • Armored forms
  • Megas
  • Primals
  • And z moves
All on one team, in one match, with their own time consuming sequence?

probably in 2022 though

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
People would be toggling a feature off that makes the game better.

When you say No AI? I mean what do you want them to do. They still roam around.

1) You don't have to keep having awful battles and then hit "run away"
2) You can see shinies/special versions of Pokemon
3) By having random battles, more people are going to be annoyed than those that want the game to be objectively worse.
0) They literally just randomly walk around without any notice for you or their surroundings. Does it really make sense that a Beedrill Primeape wouldn't immediately attack you out of rage? Or that a Farfetch'd or Caterpie wouldn't try to desperately escape from you? And what about interactions with each other? Several Pokemon have now been told to have relationships with one another. This isn't as much problem with Gen 1, but with a broader Dex? You can't have a Zangoose and Seviper just chilling with each other.
1) Those "awful battles" are literally... The game? It takes a couple of seconds to run away from them and not even that if you avoid tall grass or use repels. The number of situations where Wild Encounters become an annoyance is extremely low unless you have low patience.
2) Again, the odds don't change so you're still gonna be hard-pressed to find a Shiny (LGPE adjusted the odds iirc and I doubt that will stick). Ignoring that, cutting from black to entering the battle to find you chanced upon a Shiny to just walking along and seeing that a guy over there is a Shiny? The traditional system makes it far more dramatic.
3) Die angry, I guess? This isn't even a reason other than "You're wrong and I'm right!" I gave five reasons why transitioning to overworld battles full-time wouldn't be a good idea and you couldn't even give three without resorting to trying to act demeaning.

Come on dude, I don't even mind if it gets added as long as I can turn it off. You don't have to be rude about it.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Watched some direct feed of the new Yokai watch 4 game and it's really nice. Very " Clean" looking what I wish Sword/Shield was but still has a nice artistic style to it.

.. GameFreak's needs to get on Level 6 to surpass Level 5
._.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't know as I don't know any Pokémon outside of what's revealed yet, but based on this I'd say it's unlikely as it looks like it has the artist's socials tagged to it
Yeah I see what you mean now, I misinterpreted the post. Crazy that they came up something that conceivably looks like it could be related to the real Pokemon though.

Jan 9, 2018
We need overworld Pokemon to act the way they did in spin-offs like Pokemon Ranger first before we get them in the mainline games (beyond Let's Go, it makes sense there since that games feature a different catching mechanic and knowing what you're running into helps) imo.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
no

like that's just factually wrong. check out the animation for this move and compare.
I mean not only did you completely misread what was said, but you also picked the wrong move.

The user was saying that of course there are changes in move animations but they are XY-styled. Just because this animation looks more dynamic now doesn't make what you're arguing against not true. There are other equally dynamic moves.

And here's the actual move: Vacuum Wave.

Of course an improvement is only a good thing and this is a great change, but I don't get being condescending when you're wrong on multiple counts.

Last edited:

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom
I mean I don't know as I don't know any Pokémon outside of what's revealed yet, but based on this I'd say it's unlikely as it looks like it has the artist's socials tagged to it

I can't really read the watermark, so just out of curiosity did you take a look at what else that person has posted? I'm sure it's a coincidence, but it's be pretty crazy if they also posted fitting water and grass evolutions, you know?