• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
Did we ever find out who did the Meltan/Melmetal art, by the way?
I don't think it will be ever confirmed unless a TCG card with stock art is released.

The choppy/faded line art may indicate either Sugimori or Megumi Mizutani.

They weren't mentioned by name, but Masuda said he gave directions for Meltan to a designer who played Red an Green when he was a kid. So it's probably not Sugimori or Mizutani.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
This is our punishment. We deserve this. There's no way out. What are your favorite appliances Rotom could possess?

1. Crockpot
2. Belt sander
3. Dialysis machine
4. Curling iron

Hey maybe a dialysis machine would make it Electric / Poison. That with levitate would be pretty baller, it;d terrify Tapu Koko harder than Rotom-Heat, and do pretty well against Tapu Fini and Tapu Bulu too.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I was very taken with the suggestion I saw that Electric/Fighting Rotom could possess a Pokkén Tournament arcade cabinet.

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
One thing that makes me super excited for these starters is that except for Grookey, it's really hard to picture what their final form will be, it's gonna be a surprise. I'm hopeful for Scorbunny, since they never got a rabbit pokemon right, and I hope Grookey evolves into a full on Donkey Kong style musical gorilla instead of a skinny monkey like Infernape.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
I think people are going to be plenty surprised when Grookey evolves into a sophisticated 'mon that uses its stick to compose music.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I know I'm definitely in the minority here but I think I prefer the graphical style of Let's Go to the one we've seen in Sword and Shield so far. It just looks... cleaner? And I feel like the more cartoonish visuals suit the series more than pseudo realism.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I know I'm definitely in the minority here but I think I prefer the graphical style of Let's Go to the one we've seen in Sword and Shield so far. It just looks... cleaner? And I feel like the more cartoonish visuals suit the series more than pseudo realism.

Yes, that's what I've been saying, like 100 pages ago lol

The only thing that Let's Go needed was fix the proportions between characters and buildings/environment (and obviously get rid of the chibiness) but the cartoonish graphics are so much better. Simply because of the Pokémon.

Let's think that in 20 years, when they finally start making videogames as if they were in 2019 lol the environment finally has this super realistic and detailed look, but the Pokémon models are gonna look off because they'll still be cartoonish (unless they start to look like the Detective Pikachu movie, God forbids).

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Any ideas on when we can expect the new trailer based on reveal trends? I'd think its probably late April/Early May, but I'm not sure.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Any ideas on when we can expect the new trailer based on reveal trends? I'd think its probably late April/Early May, but I'm not sure.
Mid-May's not a bad bet.

There's a chance of some information mid-April, particularly if the Mewtwo CGI movie has any tie-ins to Sword and Shield, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
I think we may see something early/mid-April. If SuMo's marketing timeline is anything to go by. On May 10th they revealed the game, showing the starters and the first footage of the game. Then on June 2nd, less than a month later, they released a bunch of videos showing characters, features and a better look at the legendary mascots. From then on, we had an almost weekly release of new footage, mostly showcasing new Pokémon.

They might have more to show from this game than they had with Sun & Moon, so I don't think we will have to wait too long before we see it again.

Jan 9, 2018
Am I too late for the Starter rankings? Hope not... and I'm including alternation forms and the less "official" Starters because I like them.

Grass:
Mega Sceptile > Mega Venasaur > Decidueye > Sceptile > Venasaur >>> Torterra > Chesnaught > Serperior >>> Meganium

Fire:
Mega Charizard Y > Infernape > Mega Blaziken > Mega Charizard X > Typhlosion > Incineroar > Charizard > Blaziken >>> Delphox > Emboar

Water:
Ash-Greninja > Mega Swampert > Greninja > Mega Blastoise > Swampert > Feraligator > Blastoise > Empoleon > Samurott > Primarina

Other:
Naganadel > Glaceon > Umbreon > Leafeon > Espeon > Sylveon > Raichu > Alolan Raichu > Jolteon > Vaporeon > Flareon

I find that I really love a lot of the final forms for Grass and Fire Starters, and then dislike some pretty heavily. Not enough to hate them, though. Whereas with the Water Starters, I sorta like all of them, although only Ash-Greninja and Mega Swampert are really the ones I'd want in my party. Something else that stands out to me is how little nostalgia matters to me now, ignoring Mega Evolution. Never really though I'd rank Charizard, Typhlosion, Sceptile, or Swampert below anything before and here they are, not as high as I expected. Wonder how this will all turn out once we get the final forms of the Galar Starters...

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Chesnaught > Decidueye > Venusaur > Torterra> Serperior > Sceptile > Meganium

Blaziken > Charizard > Emboar > Delphox > Incineroar > Infernape > Typhlosion

Empoleon > Greninja > Blastoise > Ferligatr > Swampert > Samurott > Primarina

Rate my shit taste and guess what starter I will go for this time.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Chesnaught > Decidueye > Venusaur > Torterra> Serperior > Sceptile > Meganium

Blaziken > Charizard > Emboar > Delphox > Incineroar > Infernape > Typhlosion

Empoleon > Greninja > Blastoise > Ferligatr > Swampert > Samurott > Primarina

Rate my shit taste and guess what starter I will go for this time.
> rating Chesnaught and Empolion that high
> placing Typhlosion in the bottom

Oh boi, you are picking Grookey, aren't you? Unless Sobble 3rd evo becomes some sort of lifeless bland monstrosity, then I am sure you will be choosing him instead.

Yavga

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
> rating Chesnaught and Empolion that high
> placing Typhlosion in the bottom

Oh boi, you are picking Grookey, aren't you? Unless Sobble 3rd evo becomes some sort of lifeless bland monstrosity, then I am sure you will be choosing him instead.

You got it, now kill me already. Shedinja is the best digimon btw.

riq

Feb 21, 2019
Am I too late for Rotom forms wishlist?
Because I want Robot Toy Rotom, the one Charon had. And I want it to be 1:1 Pulseman, Electric/Fighting.
Also make a Drill Dozer mon while at it.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
I wish there was a way to turn off the in battle benefits of using Pokémon Amie/Refresh, I really like when my Pokemon looks back at me and the flavor text you get. But, it really doesn't feel right when they manage to shrug status ailments or avoid attacks all the time, I want to use Amie/Refresh, but I still want a fair challenge too. I'd be OK with getting rid of status ailments after battle is to stay, but I think they should make you use your inventory instead of giving you a free Full Heal.

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Venusaur > Meganium > Serperior > Torterra > Sceptile > Decidueye > Chesnaught

Charizard > Delphox > Typhlosion > Infernape > Incineroar > Blaziken > Emboar

Greninja > Blastoise > Ferligatr > Empoleon > Samurott > Primarina > Swampert

I'll join in

Wolf Parade

Feb 1, 2018
Ranking things is fun:

Torterra > Chesnaught > Venusaur > Decidueye > Sceptile > Serperior > Meganium

Infernape > Incineroar > Emboar > Charizard > Typhlosion > Delphox > Blaziken

Empoleon > Samurott > Greninja > Blastoise > Swampert > Feraligatr > Primarina

My tastes in starters seems different than the majority. In truth, aside from Delphox, Blaziken, Meganiuam and Primarina, I really like all of them.

Nov 15, 2017
Sceptile > Torterra > Serperior > Decidueye > Venusaur == Chesnaught >> Meganium

Typhlosion > Blaziken > Infernape > Charizard > Emboar - The other two are abominations shall not be named. (- _ -' ) p

Greninja > Ferligatr > Blastoise > Swampert > Empoleon > Samurott > Primarina

Feb 20, 2019
Defending underappreciated Pokémons #2: Muk

250px-Grotadmorv-RFVF.png

So today we have a big boy. I feel that Muk has always been more hated than Grimer overall. Maybe because it's just a bigger version of Grimer? I don't know. But let's defend this gen 1 poison type.
So, a lot of people seem to dislike this slimy dude because it's "just" a blob.
But I think that this blob has too much personality to just be a blob.
...ALRIGHT LET ME EXPLAIN OKAY?!?

Muk looks like a zombie. Its pose looks like the classical picture of a zombie crawling out of a graveyard. I mean, just take a look a this and tell me that it doesn't have any similarities with the pose, the mouth and the "gross" aspect of it. Just tell me:
Ka0xwsz.png

So, yeah. I definitely think that this thing being a zombie makes it cool, man.

Another cool thing about Muk is that he looks like he is constantly trying to stand up and seems like if he didn't do enough effort to keep himself looking like a Pokémon, he would just colllapse and end up being some gelatinous purple mass. Muk is trying his best guys, don't be mean please.

...But how would he keep using his strength to do this? Does he have any strength? Does this thing have muscles? Can a Grimer fuse himself with another grimer to become a Muk?
So many questions that are not anwsered.

Come on, how could you hate Muk, the slimy zombie in constant effort with the menacing pose and the mysteries around his biology?

Also, I have to say that the little strand of slimy goo in his mouth adds a lot to his design. Props to the designer here!

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Always thought Muk was kind of boring plus not very good. He was completely redeemed by Alolan Muk.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Alolan Muk justifies regional variants more than any other example. It's so fun to use and is absolutely gorgeous, a kind of creature they couldn't do before the jump to 3D. I love it and A Grimer to bits.
[Caveat: I love basically every single regional variant and hope they continue "remixing" mons with every generation]

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
Alolan Muk is easily my favourite regional variant. If I ever use one, I'll name it CMY (computer vision nerd joke).

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope regional forms come back. It's one of those gimmicks that actually makes sense and fits right into the Pokemon design philosophy of 'fitting into the environment' akin to a subspecies irl.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the meltdowns once people who don't understand how Pokémon works realize Sword and Shield, the biggest Switch game for the year, won't have cloud backup support.