• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they go back to giving older Pokemon new mega/evolutions. Every gen I like seeing Pokemon get new tools to work with, and weaker ones like (Insert Johto Pokemon Here) really need them.

Here's hoping whatever mechanical changes Galar gives us don't get relegated to post game dumps like megastones did (and Z-powers probably will).

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they go back to giving older Pokemon new mega/evolutions. Every gen I like seeing Pokemon get new tools to work with, and weaker ones like (Insert Johto Pokemon Here) really need them.

Here's hoping whatever mechanical changes Galar gives us don't get relegated to post game dumps like megastones did (and Z-powers probably will).

I'm expecting Mega Evolution to remain on the back burner until the next remakes hit. A new wave of old gen evos would be nice though.

Last edited:

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017

I want them to at least diversify the movesets of the Johto pokemon, the starters especially.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Last night I had a dream they revealed some new Pokemon. One was a little grasshopper critter with black markings on its face and legs, the other was what looked like a gosling. There was a third one but it was covered up by a sheet of paper.

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
I'm a Twitter insider, next month will be interesting, heard there's going to be a lot of Nintendo announcements on the second week of the month. My source couldn't confirm if Pokemon will be there but I believe we will hear something about it. Info could happen this month as well and I expect a summer packed with news.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
On a similar note, I hope they make hidden power less obnoxious. Either let us select each Pokemon's HP type or axe the move altogether.

I actually like the idea of making hidden power types choosable. Like every Pokemon has a default but somewhere in the postgame there could be an NPC that could change it to a type of your choice, maybe in exchange for BP. It's not like competitve battlers aren't aggressively breeding for perfect stats and HP type anyway, so why not remove one step of randomness and tedium?

zaidh120

Banned
May 8, 2019
User Banned (permanent): Off-Topic Trolling; account still in junior phase
Mod Edit: off-topic content removed.

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
I just want confirmation of Pro Controller compatibility and a release date, after that I really won't need any more news. Oh, and I guess box legends so I know which game to get.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually like the idea of making hidden power types choosable. Like every Pokemon has a default but somewhere in the postgame there could be an NPC that could change it to a type of your choice, maybe in exchange for BP. It's not like competitve battlers aren't aggressively breeding for perfect stats and HP type anyway, so why not remove one step of randomness and tedium?
They made nature choosing a thing in Let's Go (with a synchronize abra, which makes no sense). They might be trending towards easing into competitive

Maybe

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
They made nature choosing a thing in Let's Go (with a synchronize abra, which makes no sense). They might be trending towards easing into competitive

Maybe

Well, all Abra did was gurantee a specfic nature, so it was like a super synchronize. I'd personally want to be able to change a Pokemon's actual nature so I wouldn't have to do stuff like catch 10 different Celesteela again lol.

Same for Hidden Power, VGC in particular forced me to get new stuff because of the common strat of "put Hidden Power Water on this Pokemon so you can switch in Primal Kyogre and deal massive damage to Primal Groudon".

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in CoroCoro, huh? I wonder if they are cutting CoroCoro out of new reveals this time and it will just get already known stuff in future issues.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in CoroCoro, huh? I wonder if they are cutting CoroCoro out of new reveals this time and it will just get already known stuff in future issues.
I mean, it has been a constant source of leaks for years, so it's not too surprising if they're actually doing that. I'm thinking we're only going to get news at E3 this time, but, God, do I hope I'm wrong.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I hope we get a new Eeveelution or two. When we only got one in Gen 6 I thought that maybe they were changing from 2 every other gen to 1 every gen, but boy was I wrong.
Speaking of, what is everyone's rankings for unused types for your most wanted Eeveelutions? For me it's;
1. Dragon
2. Bug
3. Ghost
4. Flying
5. Poison
6. Steel
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Ground
10. Normal
I wonder how they would evolve, also. New items? Reusing items like metal coat? For poison I could imagine having to get inside a swamp with your evee out, if they let them follow you.

Also this is the first gen I'm not feeling the names in Spanish, anyone else having this on their own languages?
I think it's in part because "Espada y Escudo" take 6 syllables to say, while previous gens were always a combination of +2+2, 2+3 or 1+2, not counting the remakes or USUM.
Or maybe it's just that going from "Pa" to "Da" makes you pause a bit more.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get a new Eeveelution or two. When we only got one in Gen 6 I thought that maybe they were changing from 2 every other gen to 1 every gen, but boy was I wrong.
Speaking of, what is everyone's rankings for unused types for your most wanted Eeveelutions? For me it's;
1. Dragon
2. Bug
3. Ghost
4. Flying
5. Poison
6. Steel
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Ground
10. Normal

Hmm I guess mine would be...

1. Ground
2. Ghost
3. Flying
4. Dragon
5. Steel
6. Poison
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Bug
10. Normal

However, I'm actually more interested in seeing if Gamefreak can find a new way to get past the "Eeveelution curse" as I like to call it.

What I mean by that is, a lot of Eeveelutions are seriously harmed by the restrictive stat spread and movepool constraints that most of them have. Sylveon seemed like an exception last generation, but Sun and Moon's better realized Fairy-types just completely destroyed Sylveon's usage. We're at the point now where in Battle Spot Singles, the best 3 eeveelutions are Umbreon, Espeon, and Eevee (seriously), and 2 out of the 3 are almost exclusively used with Baton Pass chains of sort. Hell, even Umbreon has a Z-Celebrate Baton pass set so all 3 are involved! Don't even get me started on Battle Spot Doubles either, legit the only eeveelution there I've seen seriously this generation is Eevee, Sylveon's old prominence in doubles has damn near completely evaporated.

I don't think its impossible to make an Eeveelution that's actually a major, relevant threat rather than just a niche thing some teams need at best. I think gamefreak nearly had the right approach with Slyveon and its Pixelate stuff, but it didn't go far enough for Slyveon to hang on past one generation. I'd go even more extreme, and start giving eeveelutions major signiture abilities if I were them.

To use an example I've thought about before: Maybe make a Dragon-type Eeveelution, where the gimmick is that its a decently fast Dragon-type (say, 95 base Speed so it gets outsped by Mimikyu, though 110 would make it much more dangerous) who has an ability that makes its Dragon-type moves super effective against Fairy-types. This would mess with A LOT of ways Dragon-types are dealt with now a days, but it can be balanced by giving it no good coverage against Steel-types, letting it get outsped by certain fairies, etc.

I don't think Gamefreak has to go that far, but if eeveelutions continue to be a thing, I'd like for gamefreak to think more out of the box with them instead of being content to give them poor movepools and stat spreads they can't take advantage of. Abilities really seem like the key here. Hell, maybe change the abilities of some old eeveelutions to give them a unique niche!

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I don't think there's even been a single leak that was even remotely believable that was confirmed fake (like the bug pokemon)

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Does anyone think Ryme City is in the Galar region? In the movie I saw a map that looked to me like the Galar Region turned sideways, though that could just be an Easter Egg, but cars also used the UK configuration of driver's seat on the right

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know all the other gens when we speculated that maybe they were hiding Pokemon following us because it could be toggled on/off there was no precedent. This time Let's Go exists, and you can have no Pokemon following you if you want ...

That and a voice actor announcer guy for battles like Stadium / Battle Revolution and I MIGHT forgive them for reverting back to tall grass, Pokemon only really existing in some "other world" of battles and stat screens, still having the same idle poses and animations for Pokemon as XY, and other stuff

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it has been a constant source of leaks for years, so it's not too surprising if they're actually doing that. I'm thinking we're only going to get news at E3 this time, but, God, do I hope I'm wrong.
That would really suck, but at least it'd mean the E3 showing would probably be decently big.
I wonder how they would evolve, also. New items? Reusing items like metal coat? For poison I could imagine having to get inside a swamp with your evee out, if they let them follow you.

Also this is the first gen I'm not feeling the names in Spanish, anyone else having this on their own languages?
I think it's in part because "Espada y Escudo" take 6 syllables to say, while previous gens were always a combination of +2+2, 2+3 or 1+2, not counting the remakes or USUM.
Or maybe it's just that going from "Pa" to "Da" makes you pause a bit more.
As far as English goes Sword and Shield are totally fine, nothing weird.

Hmm I guess mine would be...

1. Ground
2. Ghost
3. Flying
4. Dragon
5. Steel
6. Poison
7. Fighting
8. Rock
9. Bug
10. Normal

However, I'm actually more interested in seeing if Gamefreak can find a new way to get past the "Eeveelution curse" as I like to call it.

What I mean by that is, a lot of Eeveelutions are seriously harmed by the restrictive stat spread and movepool constraints that most of them have. Sylveon seemed like an exception last generation, but Sun and Moon's better realized Fairy-types just completely destroyed Sylveon's usage. We're at the point now where in Battle Spot Singles, the best 3 eeveelutions are Umbreon, Espeon, and Eevee (seriously), and 2 out of the 3 are almost exclusively used with Baton Pass chains of sort. Hell, even Umbreon has a Z-Celebrate Baton pass set so all 3 are involved! Don't even get me started on Battle Spot Doubles either, legit the only eeveelution there I've seen seriously this generation is Eevee, Sylveon's old prominence in doubles has damn near completely evaporated.

I don't think its impossible to make an Eeveelution that's actually a major, relevant threat rather than just a niche thing some teams need at best. I think gamefreak nearly had the right approach with Slyveon and its Pixelate stuff, but it didn't go far enough for Slyveon to hang on past one generation. I'd go even more extreme, and start giving eeveelutions major signiture abilities if I were them.

To use an example I've thought about before: Maybe make a Dragon-type Eeveelution, where the gimmick is that its a decently fast Dragon-type (say, 95 base Speed so it gets outsped by Mimikyu, though 110 would make it much more dangerous) who has an ability that makes its Dragon-type moves super effective against Fairy-types. This would mess with A LOT of ways Dragon-types are dealt with now a days, but it can be balanced by giving it no good coverage against Steel-types, letting it get outsped by certain fairies, etc.

I don't think Gamefreak has to go that far, but if eeveelutions continue to be a thing, I'd like for gamefreak to think more out of the box with them instead of being content to give them poor movepools and stat spreads they can't take advantage of. Abilities really seem like the key here. Hell, maybe change the abilities of some old eeveelutions to give them a unique niche!
They could also bump the BST of Eeveelutions to like 550. 25 extra stat points could go a long way. It'd also help if for future ones (and old ones if they get buffed) they changed up how the stats are distributed a bit instead of it just being 130, 110, 95, 65, 65 and 60 put to different stats. Would certainly allow for more variety in what Eeveelutions can do.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
If they do regional variants then they really should do it on Pokémons that aren't from Kanto

We need a new Charizard though, it never gets enough attention

jk
jj.png

Feb 20, 2019
Oh and who is disappointed by the lack of fake starter evolution leaks? When the gen 7 starters got announced, tons of things started popping up on the internet. Now, there's of course a lot of fanarts for Sword and Shield evos but nothing really presented as a "leak". To me, fake shit is a part of the fun when a new Pokémon game gets announced and I love it

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Oh and who is disappointed by the lack of fake starter evolution leaks? When the gen 7 starters got announced, tons of things started popping up on the internet. Now, there's of course a lot of fanarts for Sword and Shield evos but nothing really presented as a "leak". To me, fake shit is a part of the fun when a new Pokémon game gets announced and I love it
Omg, leaks

1557483973508.jpg

Xeogran

Apr 25, 2018
Poland
I think they just became harder to create, so people don't bother anymore. There's the need for Japanese text everywhere and we generally got smarter so we could easily tell if it's fake.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Guys guys guys I have a leak! Sword and Shield will get released on the Switch!
LIAR! Why would GameFreak put the main series on Switch? We all know a 3DS successor is coming!
They'll probably come before too long, maybe after E3. Fakes are also one of my favorite parts of a Pokemon hype cycle.
I will always hold a special place in my heart for the B2W2 fakemon that was a cactus owl.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
When did the Twitter account reveal that detail about gyms accidentally? Would that hint at when more information is expected?

Feb 20, 2019
I think they just became harder to create, so people don't bother anymore. There's the need for Japanese text everywhere and we generally got smarter so we could easily tell if it's fake.
You make a point. 4-5 pages ago, some stuff got "leaked" and boom, a dude straight up came and told us all about the inconsistency in the Japanese writing