• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm I was referring to those rumored "Armored forms", those could change the metagame (talking a bit about the competitive aspect of the game) in a drastic way, like mega evolutions and z moves did in the past
eh I kinda liked them, it made it less predictable. it made it so you cant 100% know what they were gunna do by the pokemon on their team alone..

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain

Wolfe is obviously joking but of all things he just joked about a trailer dropping the second Thursday of may hmm although at this point chances of a trailer dropping tomorrow are pretty much null right? Since we didn't get an announcement today

eh I kinda liked them, it made it less predictable. it made it so you cant 100% know what they were gunna do by the pokemon on their team alone..

Making team preview less predictable is exactly what most competitive players hate about z-moves.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
From what I can tell, the Sun/Moon May trailer dropped without a word beforehand. Not sure about the X & Y one. The former wasn't a Direct, in any case.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Tuesday and Thursday are the usual days for Pokémon news, more specifically at 22:00 JST.

Also they did announce when we would get SM news beforehand, but they mostly stopped doing that for USUM and LGPE, so I don't expect that to return.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Ah snap, my bad then. Still, I wouldn't put it past 'em dropping something out of nowhere, especially when we've already seen gameplay and the starters.
I went through the major(ish) reveals earlier in the thread if it helps any
For reference, here's how the SM stuff shook out

May:
Trailer announced on Friday the 6th for Tuesday the 10th
CoroCoro had nothing about SM at all, near as I can tell, just the Magearna movie details. They did release a slightly tweaked version of the trailer, though.
On Wednesday May 18th they announced new information coming on Thursday June 2nd

June:
The trailer on June 2nd
For the Taiwan national championships they showed off the 2 Zygarde formes in SM
CoroCoro had Rockruff & Komala (side note remember this: "CoroCoro hints that Rowlet, Litten, Popplio and Iwanko all hide a secret " and everyone thought day & night forms and such? Ahhh fun times.)
Thursday June 16th, e3, we had the new Pokemon reveals, Battle Royal and a bunch of footage and such
Sunday June 26th announced new trailer for Friday July 1st

July:
Trailer on July 1st
July 3rd had the Hong Kong championships show a trailer for Komala & Rockruff
July 7th Masuda revealed Salandit at the Japan Expo in paris.
CoroCoro showed off Mimikyu & Bewear
They announced & released a trailer on Tuesday July 19th
Announced the next trailer on Friday July 22 for Monday August 1

August:
Trailer on August 1
CoroCoro had Wishiwashi, Sandygast & its evo, Alolan Meowth, Alolan Marowak, Stufful. Also accidentally (?) Pyukumuku
A new trailer on Thursday August 11th
Gamescom had Tortunator on Thursday the 18th
World Championships had the corocoro pokemon and Crabrawler on Friday the 19th

September:
There was a new trailer on Thursday September 1st's direct.
Tuesday September 6th had another (surprise?) trailer
Thursday September 8th had a commercial trailer alongside news of another drop on Wednesday September 14
CoroCoro had Lycanroc & the 2 UB2s, which would be in the trailer but leaked earlier
Tuesday September 20th had another trailer

October:
Trailer on Tuesday October 4th with an announcement for another on Friday October 14th
CoroCoro had silvally, alolan grimer, Jangmo-o's evolutions and such
Trailer on the 14th
Another trailer on Thursday October 27th, doesn't seem like it had a preannouncement

November:
CoroCoro had Necrozma, and the rest of the UBs
The 14th had the z move trailer
The games came out!!

So CoroCoro will proabbly have nothing, but that doesn't necessarily mean no trailer coming since SM had a trailer ebfore corocoro but corocoro still had nothing.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
All those talks about 'awakened Mewtwo form' in XY era comes to mind...
Welp, not a fan of the armor concept if it turns out to be something after all.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, leaks

1557483973508.jpg

ok I like girly pokemon we've had and all but this is just gross lmao
evolved into that girl from kill la kill

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, CoroCoro this month specifically says the following about Armored Mewtwo: "The Mewtwo form that can only be seen in the movie"

So no armored Mewtwo in SWSH.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Excellent news, but I knew "Armored Zeraora" was BS from the beginning. I don't blame people for believing in such a gimmick though. Especially if a rumor says Charizard gets one.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, CoroCoro this month specifically says the following about Armored Mewtwo: "The Mewtwo form that can only be seen in the movie"

I wouldn't read too much into it, advertisements tend to say weird shit that is best not to be interpretated until it becomes more clear. If Ash Greninja can make the games, so could Armored Mewtwo.

Jan 9, 2018
I really like that Mewtwo design lol. I actually would want to have it in the games, so I hope the blurb about it being only in the movie is just talking about the present and not the future.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Armored Zeraora was the red flag in that post to me. Why would it get a special form now? And the whole thing relying on Meltan/Melmetal seemed fishy too. They aren't Pokemon people can readily obtain. I wouldn't put it past GF giving Charizard and Mewtwo another thing though lol

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, fire mons must be the hardest to design. For a water type, just go fishing to find some inspiration. For a grass type, either you:
-Take an animal and shape it like a plant
-Straight up make a plant

But for fire types, there isn't any kind of animal producing fire, and rare are the objects that can use/create fire. so GF can only make:
-Any animal with some fire slapped on ( Chimchar, Charmander, Cyndaquil, the list goes on )
-Lava ( Magcargo )
- Dragons

I think that's why so many fire types look uninspired. Ninetales, Charizard, Arcanine, the list goes on. They are just basic animals that were given a fire typing ( no, dragons aren't real but come on ). Nothing else really makes them interesting ( beauty doesn't count, these are supposed to be pocket monsters ). Yeah, Ninetales is based on folklore, but that doesn't sell it to me.
Of course there are exceptions, Magcargo, Darmanitan and Magmar all share interesting, creative and original aspects.

The fire type is weird for me. On one hand, I feel like it absolutely needs to exist because of how elemental and symbolic fire is, but on the other hand, there isn't a lot that you can do with it
I summon Salandit/Salazzle. Your turn.

Oct 25, 2017
HNpSSK4.png

Friend of mine's dog who works at Nintendo sent me this.

Fourtwentyus has a unique move called Toke. It causes confusion and it makes the Pokemon consume its edible item.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

I mean it was obvious. The timeline of the reveal of merchandise to the "leak" didn't favour the "leak"

But glad that's done and dusted

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Seems some self proclaimed Twitter leakers are on a bit of a meltdown about this. One's attacking me for not posting it and saying things like I'm getting BTFO (because I've been pointing out that Armored Evolution rumour came after mechandise and there's no reason to believe this at this time)

Some are bringing up Ash-Greninja which was never actually stated to be anime exclusive (and I just checked).

I know there's a group on twitter who have been proclaiming themselves as a leak group. It must be shaking them that they don't actually know a damn thing and have been lied to.

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
To clarify. I can't find anything ever saying Zygarde/Ash-Greninja was anime only so we can take this statement at face value

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
I'm not buying it. The fact that it's been datamined in Go already undermines the idea of it being movie-exclusive. I'm still betting that it somehow ties into SwSh.

wildvine47

Feb 20, 2018
Detective Pikachu is in GO

GO has many exclusive event forms that don't go into the main games.
I understand that, but if we're taking their statement at face value, "can only be seen in the movie" is already immediately broken by it's datamined appearance in Go. So them saying that really ends up changing nothing in the end because we already know they're lying about it being movie-exclusive, and that puts us right back at square one. And for me, square one is looking at a newly advertised Mewtwo form coming out right in time for cross-promo with the next gen of games. Just like with Mega Mewtwo Y and Gen 6.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I understand that, but if we're taking their statement at face value, "can only be seen in the movie" is already immediately broken by it's datamined appearance in Go. So them saying that really ends up changing nothing in the end because we already know they're lying about it being movie-exclusive, and that puts us right back at square one. And for me, square one is looking at a newly advertised Mewtwo form coming out right in time for cross-promo with the next gen of games. Just like with Mega Mewtwo Y and Gen 6.
I mean to play devils advocate, it's not datamined in GO. We're assuming it because it's Mewtwo_A

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
Joe, mate, you should just leave it. In my opinion there's not enought proof to discard the theory, but still, there wasn't any evidence to even consider such theory in the first place. What I'm saying is that people will obnoxiously believe whatever they want, sometimes without needing any proof, and some of them will go as far as to attack those who don't believe. You should just leave the topic or this people will start attacking you simply because they love to do that.

Edit: I'm talking about the people on Twitter mostly btw. Not Era.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Joe, mate, you should just leave it. In my opinion there's not enought proof to discard the theory, but still, there wasn't any evidence to even consider such theory in the first place. What I'm saying is that people will obnoxiously believe whatever they want, sometimes without needing any proof, and some of them will go as far as to attack those who don't believe. You should just leave the topic or this people will start attacking you simply because they love to do that.

Edit: I'm talking about the people on Twitter mostly btw. Not Era.
I mean CoroCoro specifically stating "This form can only be seen in the movie" is pretty telling...