• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we finally get some good looking bug types again? Bug hasn't been top tier since the levanny line 😁
excuse you, sir

3a4d9353a28a068cbbc404359020c99e77a7681e_hq.jpg

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I'm only now realising how little bug was in Gen 6.
Anywho, Gen 7 had great bugs, not quite Gen 5 tier of buggin' out but pretty dang strong on the whole, Ribombee is rad.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Wait meltan is gen 7 too!? Well fuck me...

Technically I guess...

The thing is there's no official statement as to what a generation is, even though it's been mentioned in some media.

I keep wondering, even if it's not THAT official, I've recently bought all these sticker books, or another one that has like every Pokémon shown in posters in scale, to show the size comparison, and they usually divide/classify Pokémon in regions/generations. One of the books included only until Blacephalon and the other one does include Zeraora. When these books keep coming in the following years they will have to include Meltan and Melmetal somewhere. It will be odd that they put them in Alola, but would be weird too if they put them in a whole section just for them.

Now, what would happen if Meltan is available in Galar? The debate will never end, because some people will keep saying it's from Gen VII because it came out in Let's Go / Go. But others will say it's from Gen VIII because it's from Galar region.

I had hope they wouldn't be given a Pokédex number until the Switch games, so they would turn out to be 900-something, but they were already assigned 808 and 809, putting them at the end of Gen VII, or the beginning of Gen VIII (like Victini in Gen V) depending of which team you choose lol

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a gen 5 lover but come on, that bus is original, cute and creative while staying consistent in what it's trying to represent

Escavalier stays the boss tho
Escavalier hnnnh
Just skip diamond and peal for gen V remakes(ok no I take that back I need poke seals)
delete this
and lets not forget about Stronk Boi

a99.gif
delete this as well

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Technically I guess...

The thing is there's no official statement as to what a generation is, even though it's been mentioned in some media.

I keep wondering, even if it's not THAT official, I've recently bought all these sticker books, or another one that has like every Pokémon shown in posters in scale, to show the size comparison, and they usually divide/classify Pokémon in regions/generations. One of the books included only until Blacephalon and the other one does include Zeraora. When these books keep coming in the following years they will have to include Meltan and Melmetal somewhere. It will be odd that they put them in Alola, but would be weird too if they put them in a whole section just for them.

Now, what would happen if Meltan is available in Galar? The debate will never end, because some people will keep saying it's from Gen VII because it came out in Let's Go / Go. But others will say it's from Gen VIII because it's from Galar region.

I had hope they wouldn't be given a Pokédex number until the Switch games, so they would turn out to be 900-something, but they were already assigned 808 and 809, putting them at the end of Gen VII, or the beginning of Gen VIII (like Victini in Gen V) depending of which team you choose lol
I don't understand why this whole thing is a debate to begin with. Meltan & Melmetal are mythicals paired with Let's Go just like Zeraora was paired with US/UM. I don't understand why this is tripping up folks. The region isn't important. You captured Deoxys in Kanto originally, but it would've still been included with Hoenn Pokemon in a National Dex order list.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why this whole thing is a debate to begin with. Meltan & Melmetal are mythicals paired with Let's Go just like Zeraora was paired with US/UM. I don't understand why this is tripping up folks. The region isn't important. You captured Deoxys in Kanto originally, but it would've still been included with Hoenn Pokemon in a National Dex order list.

The problem is that we've never had a generation of Pokemon games that were in two consoles. This is why the Deoxys example falls apart, because at least you were able to trade it between FRLG and RSE. You can't do the same with Melmetal.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Another thing that I want is for them to upgrade Sap Sipper and Flash Fire to have a similar effect as Lighting Rod and Storm Drain. Maybe sap sipper can absorb all grass attacks and raise the user's attack stat by 1 stage.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Technically I guess...

Except we know from the index number it's considered a Gen 7 Pokémon by Game Freak.

Also mentioning the sticker books is worthless as in the past those usually excluded mythical, yet to be revealed Pokémon like Arceus, Keldeo, Genesect, etc. That's how it's always worked.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
2V4od3F.jpg

Gotta shout out to my Boy Scolipede while we are talking about bugs. (Also man he's so huge. IRL he would be pretty scary to run into.)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why do a bunch of people have Digimon avatars now?

The Biggest Entertainment Brand ever not looking likely to hit a Billion Dollars at the box office.

I signed up keeping to my word putting the film back in January as one of the top 5 highest grossing films of the year down in 5th. Whoops. The hype was much higher back than, sorta fluttered off since then.

I put my name in the FOR bank even knowing that opening weekend prediction and the lack of excitement in China pre-sales was probably going to mean it's not going to make it there. They gave me a bad ass Greymon Avatar though. Surprised they didn't do worse.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I really like Golisod's design,the only bug in the 7th gen I liked.Bug type has a lot of good ones every gen,even the trash 5th gen has Volcarona,Scolipede,Galvantula,Durant,Genesect. (now I am surprised,it is a lot)

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of bugs,
was Joltik the only bug type in Detective Pikachu? I mean, I like Joltik and all but still...

I mean it seemed like they only used it because it was a "safe, cute" bug

J_Atlas

Apr 11, 2019
Leavanny is my Spirit Animal.

Please stop using spirit animal as a thing, its disrespectful to native americans, and cultural appropriation, thanks.

Anyway, bug type is my favorite followed by ghost, I love them both, but I'd have to say my favorite bug is probably design wise, a tie between vikavolt and golisopod.

Bug designs are usually great with ones like scolipede, heracross and volcarona being other good ones.

I really hope t he sword and shield bugs are good.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Grubbin was pretty awesome---I used it in my team and I was like "oh fuck I can't get Vikavolt till the end?", but it and Charjabug are surprisingly decent to last until then. Also I never used Vice Grip in like Pokemon history, but it's actually pretty good early in the game. And Vikavolt was worth the wait, so glad they made the Regional Bug GOOD like in Gen V---on the other hand the Gen VII Early Rodent and Early Bird weren't much to talk about.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that we get some Sword and Shield info in the next two weeks, though I am not really dying for it either.

Gotta say it feels weird being apathetic towards Pokémon, I guess gen 6, 7 and Let's Go just soured my expectation of the series so I am not really holding out much hope for gen 8 to improve on that.

Vikavolt is a cool Pokémon but badly let down by its low speed and having to evolve late in the game in Sun and Moon, sure Ultra Sun and Moon fixed it but that's beside the point.

Technically I guess...

Meltan and Melmetal is a gen 7 Pokémon along with Let's Go being a gen 7 game. Not that it matters anyway as they're an even Pokémon with little lore and only exist to foster connectivity between Go and Let's Go, due to the Pokémon and its ridiculous evolution method being exclusive to Go.

Leavanny is my Spirit Animal.

Yeah, unless you're native american. Don't do that.

Please stop using spirit animal as a thing, its disrespectful to native americans, and cultural appropriation, thanks.

Agreed.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that we get some Sword and Shield info in the next two weeks, though I am not really dying for it either.

Gotta say it feels weird being apathetic towards Pokémon, I guess gen 6, 7 and Let's Go just soured my expectation of the series so I am not really holding out much hope for gen 8 to improve on that.
I feel the same way.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't know Spirit Animal was specifically native American. I thought it was synonymous with animal familiars in fiction, but if its considered offensive I also did not know.