• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you like to see the most in the upcoming direct?

• New Pokémon

Votes: 186 30.6%
  • Legendary Pokémon

Votes: 58 9.5%
  • Info on new mechanics

Votes: 244 40.1%
  • I just want to know if there's free camera movement

Votes: 120 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Since it's hard to have a conversation in the other thread since its moving so fast;
So, who else thinks Corviknight is the final stage of the regional bird?

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
I think Corviknight will be a tailow swellow situation, being the second and final form of the regional Birb

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm calling myself out here.

So, like... Is anyone else going to attempt a media blackout? I want to feel like a kid again and commit to a game and starter based on nothing but what we know now, just like how I knew nothing going into Red Version. I want to be as blind as possible for the new game. I'm committing to Sobble and will choose a game based on the box art!
Yeah, I was too naive. That trailer was too hype, and I'm glad I didn't skip it. I'm still avoiding rumors and spoilers, though.

TrafficCoen

The Fallen
Feb 22, 2019
My rankings of the new pokemon:

Corviknight 10/10 perfect
Drednaw 9/10
Wooloo 9/10
Gossifluer 7/10
Eldegoss 7/10
Zacian 5/10
Zamazanta 2/10 dear god it's bad

Estizzle

Jan 14, 2019
That was exciting! I liked all the new Pokemon, the Wild Area looks awesome, and those screenshots on the website seem to show overworld encounters on the regular routes too! Even raid battles seem so cool! Now all I need is confirmation of Pro Contoller support and absolutely no mandatory motion controls.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was exciting! I liked all the new Pokemon, the Wild Area looks awesome, and those screenshots on the website seem to show overworld encounters on the regular routes too! Even raid battles seem so cool! Now all I need is confirmation of Pro Contoller support and absolutely no mandatory motion controls.
I think you're safe. the game requires dual sticks thanks to camera control, so that rules out the pokeball as a mandatory supported controller

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So if the 4chan leak is to be believed and we are getting evolutions of old Pokemon and "Gigantamax Forms" I'm gonna go ahead and make a prediction

75-80 brand new Pokemon with no relation to old Pokemon.
10-15 evolutions of old Pokemon, including Eevee. Not restricted to Gen 1.
10-15 Gigantamax forms.

So if you count Gigamax forms as Pokemon we get something between 95-110 new Pokemon total.

What do y'all think we might get, number wise?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting it'll be something a little like the Sun and Moon E3 demo- opening areas, with a bit of light plot, and the first Pokémon you find.

We know you can get Wooloo on Route 1, but I'd bet on us seeing the regional bug and bird (Corviknight's pre-evo?).

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
With the big deal made about the Wild Area I bet they demo that on the Treehouse, but it won't be in the show floor demo.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
trash baby has always been top tier. don't let the haters put him down
$_57.PNG

Dread it,

Fear It,

Trashalanche always comes.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'd bet that they'd want to polish it a bit before putting it out there for public consumption.
Not only that, but they don't have to worry about people seeing stuff they shouldn't or making weird ways to constrict where players can go in the Wild Area.
BotW was lucky in that they had a carved out chunk of the open world that you couldn't leave in the early game that was perfect for demoing.

kumogoro

May 24, 2019
<this post will not be talking about the current hot controversy>

A lot of features got shown off in the recent direct and E3 demo, many of which i'm very excited for!
  • Large open world areas
  • A best of both worlds between Pokemon in the overworld and random encounters
  • Free camera!
  • Dynamic weather
  • Some cool looking new Pokemon already
All of these things get me super happy! and that bike outfit might have looked like one of Mr Blobby's re-purposed ties, but good lord that seamless transition to water, no more playing a little animation every time you want to surf!

I haven't watched any of the character intros because i don't want to get too many spoils, I just wanted to see the new mechanics.

I actually also like the look of dynamax. It's available to every pokemon and doesn't require a specific item. Plus giant pokemon fighting other giant pokemon just seems like silly fun haha.

I'm happy to get a chat going about any of the new features! :)

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Dynamax looks like a lot of fun. Conceptually it just seems like it's meant to be a more balanced take on megas, that every pokemon can use. I imagine it'll be fun to mess around with.

One thing I'm hopeful for that's emerged out of recent interviews is us getting a higher amount of new pokemon than the previous 2 generations. If we're getting less returning pokemon in the regional dex then hopefully that means plenty new mons.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
I'm certain that the starters of all the previous generations will be fine. They're all far too important to just leave out. Guessing you'll be able to pick one of each in-game, kind of like ORAS.

C_Ali88

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
<this post will not be talking about the current hot controversy>

A lot of features got shown off in the recent direct and E3 demo, many of which i'm very excited for!
  • Large open world areas
  • A best of both worlds between Pokemon in the overworld and random encounters
  • Free camera!
  • Dynamic weather
  • Some cool looking new Pokemon already
All of these things get me super happy! and that bike outfit might have looked like one of Mr Blobby's re-purposed ties, but good lord that seamless transition to water, no more playing a little animation every time you want to surf!

I haven't watched any of the character intros because i don't want to get too many spoils, I just wanted to see the new mechanics.

I actually also like the look of dynamax. It's available to every pokemon and doesn't require a specific item. Plus giant pokemon fighting other giant pokemon just seems like silly fun haha.

I'm happy to get a chat going about any of the new features! :)

Hated mega evo's and barely used them. Dynamic while not really necessary imo, seems a way to just break the monotony of battle sometimes. Not a big deal.

kumogoro

May 24, 2019
Dynamax looks like a lot of fun. Conceptually it just seems like it's meant to be a more balanced take on megas, that every pokemon can use. I imagine it'll be fun to mess around with.

One thing I'm hopeful for that's emerged out of recent interviews is us getting a higher amount of new pokemon than the previous 2 generations. If we're getting less returning pokemon in the regional dex then hopefully that means plenty new mons.

It does definitely seem like a more balanced take, and Ohmori/Masuda have said they wanted it to be available to all pokemon so any of them could stand in the spotlight.

They do also keep saying how HUGE they are trying to make this game (and it sure looks like they're succeeding so far!). So I think hoping for a big meaty galar dex isn't too far flung.

edit: typos

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Just turn mega's into formes. Charizard Y is easily better than regular or X, so I'd be sad to see that evolution get ditched.

kumogoro

May 24, 2019
Just turn mega's into formes. Charizard Y is easily better than regular or X, so I'd be sad to see that evolution get ditched.

I think the idea with megas was that they were very powerful in trade off for using up your held item slot, but those mons (most of them) aren't viable without the mega at all. So yeah maybe making them a form might not be a bad shout?

Honestly i'm not sure what the best way would be to carry megas and Z-moves forward :/

riq

Feb 21, 2019
I think the idea with megas was that they were very powerful in trade off for using up your held item slot, but those mons (most of them) aren't viable without the mega at all. So yeah maybe making them a form might not be a bad shout?

Honestly i'm not sure what the best way would be to carry megas and Z-moves forward :/
I'm gonna miss Z-Conversion2 Porygon-Z. Not only is it a mouthful but one of the most creative sets in Pokemon. :(

Joqu

Oct 25, 2017
The Waffle Kingdom

Forms that needs a generic Mega Stone as a hold item seem simple enough to keep the item slot thing, though they could always do away with that limitation as long as they're rebalanced accordingly.

I'd totally be okay with them being rebalanced as permanent evolutions though, especially for the weaker mons. If you were to do it for all of them you'd need to consider Eviolite and the fact that you'd have, to use the TCG terms, Stage 3 Pokemon. I wouldn't call that an impossibility really, but it'd be unprecedented.

Stuff like Mega Sableye feels like it should have been a proper evolution to me. I really don't want these designs to go to waste. :(

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Forms that needs a generic Mega Stone as a hold item seem simple enough to keep the item slot thing, though they could always do away with that limitation as long as they're rebalanced accordingly.

I'd totally be okay with them being rebalanced as permanent evolutions though, especially for the weaker mons. If you were to do it for all of them you'd need to consider Eviolite and the fact that you'd have, to use the TCG terms, Stage 3 Pokemon. I wouldn't call that an impossibility really, but it'd be unprecedented.

Stuff like Mega Sableye feels like it should have been a proper evolution to me. I really don't want these designs to go to waste. :(
One thing is that some teams do carry two Megas depending on the situation, but if it was jsut a generic Mega Stone, they wouldn't be able to do this

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
One thing is that some teams do carry two Megas depending on the situation, but if it was jsut a generic Mega Stone, they wouldn't be able to do this
My proposed solution to that was to have an x stone and a y stone (which also handles Charizard and Mewtwo) and call them like Xernite and Yveltite or something. That way you can still run two Megas.