• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
EN2MQtdX0AEjSGU

zS5tLqw.jpg

EN2OGWzXUAI7kTW

Two part Expansion Pass. The Isle of Armor is coming June 2020 and The Crown Tundra Fall 2020

A new way to battle: Restricted Sparring
The Isle of Armor will also introduce a way to challenge yourself to some new battles! With Restricted Sparring, you'll be limited in what types of Pokémon you can use and forced to battle under set conditions! Give it a try, and give some of your Pokémon that are normally overlooked a chance to shine!

YOUR RIVALS IN THE EXPANSIONS

Klara (Sword Exclusive)
char_klara.png

Avery (Shield Exclusive)

char_avery.png

NEW POKÉMON

EN2M9eXXsAEney2

EN2NKZGXsAA2j4S

GALARIAN ZAPDOS, MOLTRES AND ARTICUNO
EN2MUERX0Ac7BYU

EN2MUEvXUAAOBLM

EN2MUESWkAELUqQ

GALARIAN SLOWKING?

EN2MWMPUwAA9JEZ

SPECIAL DOJO

EN2M22ZWsAYV26K

NEW LEGENDARY POKÉMON CALYREX
EN2NxiXX0AA9wxU

GIGANTAMAX FORMS

venusaur.jpg

blastoise.jpg

rillaboom.jpg

cinderace.jpg

inteleon.jpg

??? POKÉMON
regi1.jpg

regi2.jpg

200+ additional Pokémon will be available in the Expansion Pass.

EN2OcDSXsAcF0_R

Last edited:

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw Garchomp so I'm satisfied

Also NEW REGIS? Legendary bird gigantamaxes?

May 25, 2019
London
Love the fact that they're just going to build onto Sword/Shield instead of releasing additional remakes or a third entry (for now at least).

Mar 23, 2018
Seems like yesterday when people argued Pokémon wouldn't ever be doing Expansion Passes instead of whole new versions.

Or was it yesterday

This is the right way in this era

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New director called Tani. Thank god for the death of seperate third versions. It really needed to happen given Switch games are officially $60/£50 now. (Though I imagine a retail bundle of the game and expansion pass will eventually be available.)

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
This is best case scenario for Game Freak. I'm shocked that they delivered after Sword and Shield were lacking.

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, good to know they're selling DLC to make actual complete games.

Then again, it could be worse. They could sell them as a standalone releases as before (But at least it was more warranted then).

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the DLC is way more compelling than the base game was. I'll probably pick this up, but I'd love if the Gen 9 games were closer to this in their base releases.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Great they're building on the base game rather than selling all new editions but it does smack a little bit of "pay another $30 or whatever to make the game what it would have been if we hadn't rushed it".

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
Damn some of the posts in the direct announcement thread aged like shit.

I'll probably jump back in

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
The concept arts look so much better than the actual game. :(

Makes me sad..

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great they're building on the base game rather than selling all new editions but it does smack a little bit of "pay another $30 or whatever to make the game what it would have been if we hadn't rushed it".
Nah, I don't agree- what they're describing here is way more indepth than what I'd have expected from postgame stuff.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Better DLC than third versions, but aren't the returning Pokémon shown already in the files?

Also, the Gigantimax forms for the starters should have been in the base game.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Isle of ARmor seems cool, but some of the satuff (like the starter Gmax forms) really should have been included in the base game.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017

Well, it was $30 or $60.

And the $60 choice meant that we had to play through Hop's Railroad Simulator for another 20 hours.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thank god. Finished the Pokedex in Sword and wasn't keen on the third version coming out. Very happy to buy more DLC and keep my progress.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Exploration, post game content and extra mon are essentially locked behind this Expansion Pass.

edit: okay cool mons are free updates.

rewkol

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Both new areas are apparently seamless like the Wild Area. I am really hoping that this is indicative of what Gen 9 will look like, but it's also GameFreak