• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Cautiously optimistic but hope they fix the matchmaking, I simply just don't have the time to arrange and look for raids online in forums. Do you think there will be more battle facilities? That will be a dream. Fix online, and these dlcs being content packed with battle facilities could put SWSH from my bottom tier to top tier.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
ah yes, I remember being hyped about the wild area.

then I played it. take everything with a grain of salt and all that

also, nitpicking time! I don't like how the area doesn't have white stone like the concept art

map_armor_2x.jpg

QB7hkQV.png
The visuals look very unfinished in the little bit of footage we have, which is probably why most of the trailer was artwork. Hopefully it looks nicer in the full version.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The visuals look very unfinished in the little bit of footage we have, which is probably why most of the trailer was artwork. Hopefully it looks nicer in the full version.
the base game doesn't look much better in the wild area, and they're implying these areas are gonna be bigger with more objects in them. I'm not gonna get my hopes up

Depends on if they are legal. Only Galar dex stuff is in 2020 and these expansions supposedly get their own pokedex's. Will those technically be extensions of the Galar dex for VGC's purposes or treated as separate ones? I don''t know but we'll probably get clarification by the first expansions release.

The first expansion wouldn't be an issue though since most legendaries, especially the cancerous ones, are in the second and it will probably release after VGC worlds 2020 anyway. 2021 will probably be an issue though.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pure white might look odd in game so maybe that's why.
probably because of how the game handles materials. the bloom was toned down in the final game, but I can still see it go crazy in a setting like this. the white stone really gives the region some character, and it would sorely be missed if it's not there

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
probably because of how the game handles materials. the bloom was toned down in the final game, but I can still see it go crazy in a setting like this. the white stone really gives the region some character, and it would sorely be missed if it's not there
Yeah bloom can be crazy on white pokemon when they evolve and also looks a bit off on some objects inside the battle tower. Those stones still seem somewhat white just not so much so that bloom would make them look weird.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
So I'm assuming its:
Expansions in 2020
Gen 4 remakes in 2021
Gen 9 in holiday 2023.(next gen switch exclusive, assuming the next switch releases in 2023)

Sword and Shield released on a 45 million install base, but im more interested in seeing a new generation of Pokemon on a 8-9 month old system with a 6-8 million player base.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm assuming its:
Expansions in 2020
Gen 4 remakes in 2021
Gen 9 in holiday 2023.(next gen switch exclusive, assuming the next switch releases in 2023)

Sword and Shield released on a 45 million install base, but im more interested in seeing a new generation of Pokemon on a 8-9 month old system with a 6-8 million player base.
Gen 9 is unlikely to be for Switch 2, at best it'll be enhanced when played on a Switch 2.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
the base game doesn't look much better in the wild area, and they're implying these areas are gonna be bigger with more objects in them. I'm not gonna get my hopes up

If they give Garchomp dragon dance in this meta... :(

Funnily enough, Flygon already is... pretty bad competitvely this gen WITH dexit, so Garchomp coming back might as well be beating a dead horse at this point lol. I actually want it to get Dragon Dance too just because that'd be a great way to differenciate from Landorus-T besides outspeeding Mimikyu!

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope some of the characters from the base game hang out there. Particularly Bede since I enjoy wiping the floor with him.

Hop should stay where he is though. Feel like I've had enough of him for multiple games.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
This is just perfect, now these games will probably be the best entries in the series.

I wonder if they will release a boxed version with the expansion pass included

ERAsaur

Oct 25, 2017
I think either Lando is getting nerfed, or there will be new counters against it.
Darmanitan-G and the general nerfs to Intimidate will help stop it, there's also way more of a focus on screens this time around which should help mitigate some of the damage it can dish out.

God help us if they bring back HA Lando-I though, that thing would be nearly unstoppable with DMax.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I think either Lando is getting nerfed, or there will be new counters against it.

I used to be skeptical of this, but they actually nerfed Aegislash's stats so hey they could do that. Though in Aegislash's case, the metagame trends in battle stadium singles are a lot more hostile to it than Sun and Moon's were.

Main thing thats scary about Landorus-T to me is that it can use Fly to get Max Airstream when Dynamaxed. That move is so insane that it basically saved Charizard from sucking this gen, so imagine something that's already amazing getting it lol. I can see it almost like a physical Togekiss with Swords Dance, though with an actual 4x weakness at least.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
My favorite legendaries returning got me hype. Can't wait to play with Dialga in Camp. Who is the director for the expansions? I want to know more about them.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

And if the inspiration is the White Cliffs of Dover... well, gotta make them white in the final version right?

c7f06923f7757ccddc9a4a0717631f6c_XL.jpg

C'mon you spelt Armour Wrong already, at least game some of the britishness I desire.

Bobdapeach

Jun 15, 2019
Apologies if this has already been brought up but I was just thinking, remember pre-release when "Meteodyna" got trademarked, and everyone assumed it'd be a Legendary Pokemon, but nothing ever came to fruition? Do we think Meteodyna may exist in the expansion pass? I know Eternatus's JPN name is Mugendaina which is similar to Meteodyna, so maybe it was just an early trademark? From what I remember that leak got a few other things right but also said Nessa's JPN name was Ruri, but it's actually Rurina, so maybe it was just an early name for Eternatus?

I don't know just had the thought in the shower and wanted to share.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Did anyone else think Restricted Sparring is them sort of bringing back the Battle Frontier?
Nah that's different. The Battle Frontier is definitely returning though. They said new battle challenges would be made available after beating the DLC to keep players playing for a long time. That normally means adding a battle frontier/PWT

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Apologies if this has already been brought up but I was just thinking, remember pre-release when "Meteodyna" got trademarked, and everyone assumed it'd be a Legendary Pokemon, but nothing ever came to fruition? Do we think Meteodyna may exist in the expansion pass? I know Eternatus's JPN name is Mugendaina which is similar to Meteodyna, so maybe it was just an early trademark? From what I remember that leak got a few other things right but also said Nessa's JPN name was Ruri, but it's actually Rurina, so maybe it was just an early name for Eternatus?

I don't know just had the thought in the shower and wanted to share.
I don't think meteodyna was ever trademarked. I don't recall ever finding it in my continual trademark searches

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

Tweet 1: "Masuda can you talk about how you cut Pokémon to release them on DLC and get more money?
Masuda's reply: "Today is my birthday, can you let me rest today?"