Pokémon Sword and Shield Expansion Passes announced. 'Isle of Armor' coming June 2020 and 'The Crown Tundra' Fall 2020 (New 'mons, new areas) - US$30

Lazybob

Oct 30, 2017
Unless I’m mistaken Charizard’s G-Max move is a fire spin type move. Venusaur will probably be leech seed.
No it's a slightly stronger Fire Pledge. Charizards G-Max does not trap like fire spin and it does 1/6 damage per turn to both opponents for four turns even if they switch. Difference from regular pledge is that regular only does 1/8 per turn.

There is a Fire Spin one though but its for Centiskorch.

Re posting my question from the OT to this thread in case anyone here might be able to help me.

When I use my psychical NA copy of Pokemon Shield on my EU switch profile and click on the expansion pass link it brings me to the EU eshop store so that's promising. I have a friend that lives in EU that wants to gift me a EU code for the expansion pass, I can easily redeem it on my EU profile but the holdup is we are trying to figure out/make sure that the EU pass will work for my NA switch profile/NA physical copy of the game as that's where my save file is.
I wouldn't want to accept the code, redeem it then find out it isn't compatible with my NA profile/save/copy of the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017
Re posting my question from the OT to this thread in case anyone here might be able to help me.

When I use my psychical NA copy of Pokemon Shield on my EU switch profile and click on the expansion pass link it brings me to the EU eshop store so that's promising. I have a friend that lives in EU that wants to gift me a EU code for the expansion pass, I can easily redeem it on my EU profile but the holdup is we are trying to figure out/make sure that the EU pass will work for my NA switch profile/NA physical copy of the game as that's where my save file is.
I wouldn't want to accept the code, redeem it then find out it isn't compatible with my NA profile/save/copy of the game.

I think Pokemon is a global SKU, so, theoretically, it should work. but you'll probably get a better answer from someone who has done something similar

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on a bundle SKU (either physical or digital) that includes either Sword or Shield AND the DLC for a discount?

I flipped my original Sword cartridge for nearly full price once I finished the main campaign and got bored.

Also, if I'm sitting on a ton of eShop credit, what's the best way to use it for this purchase? Is that voucher program still a thing?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Yes. It will work.

Has there been any word on a bundle SKU (either physical or digital) that includes either Sword or Shield AND the DLC for a discount?

I flipped my original Sword cartridge for nearly full price once I finished the main campaign and got bored.

Also, if I'm sitting on a ton of eShop credit, what's the best way to use it for this purchase? Is that voucher program still a thing?
Only digital. There's no discount. This is Pokémon, there won't be a discount.

The voucher program is no longdr active in NA. But is in other regions.

ILikeFeet

Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo only ever did DLC bundle discount once (NSMBU+Luigi). they don't do that anymore so you'll have to pay full price

and vouchers are still a thing if your not in North America