• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to see a Galarian Nidoking, because when the montage of returning Pokemon were shown during the reveal trailer, Nidorino was curiously shown and not Nidoking.

Of course, this is just my own wishful thinking because the 'King is my favorite of all the Pokemon.
It could fit with the "Crown" name for the 2nd expansion. That's why we are getting Slowking there.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I have a sneaking suspicion that we're going to see a Galarian Nidoking, because when the montage of returning Pokemon were shown during the reveal trailer, Nidorino was curiously shown and not Nidoking.

Of course, this is just my own wishful thinking because the 'King is my favorite of all the Pokemon.
I hope not, we're likely to get very few new Galarian forms and 5 of the 6 shown are Gen 1 already. I want some from every Gen.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
No, it's because I have ridiculously wide range in the community and see it going on.

I opt to not go back on with people with valid criticism because it's valid and everyone's entitled to their opinion. Why would I just keep at it? That'd make me a defender or a shill
You think signal boosting the assholes of the internet will somehow make you look less like a defender or shill? Do you think you're going to suddenly make them change their minds? You give them extra attention and further provoke their ire, nothing more. I saw plenty of people being unreasonable, but the difference is I didn't then spend numerous hours engaging with them which only serves to color your perception.

Joe himself has been the target of harassment, both on this forum and on Twitter. What he is trying to say is that it's not just 1 or 2 people doing it, there are many. Of course it's not the whole fanbase and some do make some legitimate points for improvement, but it's still far more toxic than it should be.
And neither he nor anyone else should be targeted that way. The people that did that are garbage. I also wouldn't try and downplay it as if there were only a couple people being assholes. It's the internet, there are assholes everywhere. That being said I wouldn't say it was a majority of the people that had negative reactions either, but it probably feels like a majority when someone opts to engage with the minority so frequently that said minority ends up making up a majority of the conversation. It's just baffling - yes, it turns out if you only engage with assholes it will start to seem like a majority of your conversations are with assholes. Go figure.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just caught wind of the news that PSYDUCK is BACK

My post-expansion team is going to be a thing of beauty, I tell ya

Chumunga64

Banned
Jun 22, 2018
WFq5Tli.jpg

Soon friends.

aw cool!, what's the source for this art! I want to spread it around

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
It just occurred to me that the Crown expansion is probably going to have a TON of legendary battle theme remixes. It should be worth a play for that alone.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Yo so what are you guys hoping for the galar formes of the legendary bird trio?

Personally, I'm actually hoping Articuno and Moltres drop their Ice and Fire typings respectively. Moltres actually might be sorta ok with Dynamax now a days, but the typings just do NOT gel well with Flying otherwise, and I think Moltres in particular will struggle to compete with Charizard and Volcarona, so I view these galar formes as a second chance of sorts for Articuno and Moltres.

I sorta want Articuno to be Steel / Flying actually. Yes, thats the same typing as Corviknight, but I think it can differnciate itself from Corviknight by being a Special Attacking variant, especially if Celesteela doesn't come back. Plus, if its like Galarian Darmanitan, it could have access to Ice-type attacks, which honestly sounds GREAT for that typing when Landorus-T and Garchomp come back!

As for Moltres... as an Ubers fan, I'm sorta hoping it becomes Yveltal junior with a Dark / Flying typing. It's an excellent typing, its just that Mandibuzz focuses purely on defense, while Honchkrow if that comes back is fairly frail. Having a decently bulky Dark / Flying with good power and maybe Will-O-Wisp like Moltres would make it have the potential to be pretty damn good!

As for Zapdos, honestly Zapdos is the only legendary bird that's been damn good in most games, so I don't think Galarian Zapdos needs to redeem Kantoian Zapdos like the other two imo, so I'm not really sure what I want beyond "make it different than Zapdos" lol.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
How would you guys feel if for the DP remakes the post game story involved Giratina and Arceus and then they did two expansions of a similar size and scope to the SwSh ones with the mascots being Darkrai and Shaymin?

Oct 26, 2017
No, it's because I have ridiculously wide range in the community and see it going on.

I opt to not go back on with people with valid criticism because it's valid and everyone's entitled to their opinion. Why would I just keep at it? That'd make me a defender or a shill

The person you quote isn't wrong. I see a lot more people addressing the negative comments instead of the fair critiques. In fact, the people that do respond to the fair critiques, almost always change the conversation to "but harassment" Or "lol be more positive, you hater."

Its why it's an incredibly disingenuous and frustrating experience to explain to someone why we might not like the direction GF has gone in.

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
Replaying through the game again, I really wish there was a Hard mode or something that completely removes these awful story beats haha.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Having 1 DLC drop this summer and 1 DLC drop in the fall is pretty great for avoiding the mid-gen lull that tends to follow the beginning of generation. Assuming they keep up with a steady stream of updates (even bi-monthly news drops would be cool) it'll be nice to see the fanbase bustling at nearly all times

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It just occurred to me that the Crown expansion is probably going to have a TON of legendary battle theme remixes. It should be worth a play for that alone.

The past 2 generations have just re-used the music in the past as direct rips. Hopefully that's different time around.

I want to say anything with new versions might get new themes (Regis and Birds)

Also, I'm hoping for the option to set what Raid music you want. Same raid battle theme over and over has gotten tiring now.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I'm not expecting it but i'd be cool if the regi temples we saw in the trailer were actual dungeons and not just a single room legendary encounter sort of thing. The trailer made it seem like a single room thing with the concept art showing the regi's in their respective temples, but just randomly stumbling across these temples while exploring and actually getting to go inside them and explore would be the dream . . .

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not expecting it but i'd be cool if the regi temples we saw in the trailer were actual dungeons and not just a single room legendary encounter sort of thing. The trailer made it seem like a single room thing with the concept art showing the regi's in their respective temples, but just randomly stumbling across these temples while exploring and actually getting to go inside them and explore would be the dream . . .
there's a lot of teasing for "dungeons" in the Crown Tundra so we'll see. though I kind foresee the regis being a questline where you have to go to all of them in succession. GF might see the traversal as the "dungeon"

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh

Absolutely zero chance of them being proper dungeons.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
From what I remember the Regis have always been single room with their thing being the braille puzzles.

Jan 10, 2018
The person you quote isn't wrong. I see a lot more people addressing the negative comments instead of the fair critiques. In fact, the people that do respond to the fair critiques, almost always change the conversation to "but harassment" Or "lol be more positive, you hater."

Its why it's an incredibly disingenuous and frustrating experience to explain to someone why we might not like the direction GF has gone in.

Hostility draws more attention than reasonable discourse. See current US Presidents for reference.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So now that the news has settled, here is the impression I got. It's an expansion pass, duh. They'll be like small games within a game. I think they'll force you to be lower level to scale up with the new content. I don't see how people were expecting some of this scale to be in the base game. Last time it came anywhere close was the gen 2 games, and even then it was kind of all over the place. This should be a proper, new experience with a clear beginning and end that isn't just a postgame quest like has been the norm in the last 10 or so years of games (I think).
And having the new old Pokemon be included this way is a great way to put them in focus and make them meaningfully included in the game. In previous games, the rest of the Pokemon not in the regional dex have just existed with no purpose, except meta I guess. But with this, it makes them part of something, which is how I thought they'd have to go about it when they first announced that Sword & Shield wouldn't have all the Pokemon.
Yeah, it sucks the base story won't get patched up, and the glaring omissions won't get filled in. But in the end, the base game will be better and you don't need to play the mostly-same game again next year.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I hope there's lots of battles. Mid-game and post-game. I like to replay Pokémon games every few years, so the more content the better.

The fact that there's already seven/eight new Legendaries to catch is a huge improvement to the base game.

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
I really hope there's a remix for the regis, it's one of my favorites especially the anime version

In Joe defense he also has to deal with toxic people with cult-like fanbases who all love to play the victim and call him things like a hypocrite and a shill

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, while the devs are addressing the issues that stopped me from buying Sword and Shield, I'm not sure any of it is enough to pull me back in. It's still more refinement instead of innovation. I'll probably be waiting until the next generation, whenever that comes.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
Expansion pass code is a little cheaper on shopto. Does anyone know if I can use the code on my regular EU account (Portugal)? Is there a separation for UK/EU like on the PS4?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if a third branch evo for Slowpoke could be possible, like a Poison/Psychic Slowqueen maybe? Sorta like how Runerigus and Perrserker exist. Would a be first, but then again, there's always a first for everything.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Expansion pass code is a little cheaper on shopto. Does anyone know if I can use the code on my regular EU account (Portugal)? Is there a separation for UK/EU like on the PS4?
As far as I know, the stores are separate but you can freely change your account's country to whatever store you want and the content you purchase will stay tied to your account; they're not bound to their original store, so if you switch your country again, they're still there.