• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burning Justice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can a Phony Sinistea breed an authentic Sinistea? I know that breeding an authentic Sinistea doesn't give you another authentic by default, but is the authenticity locked to random encounters? I want an authentic one, but the encounter rate is so low, breeding would be faster.
According to Serebii, if you breed Sinistea the offspring will always be Phony regardless of whether the parent is Phony or Antique.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Yeah bloom can be crazy on white pokemon when they evolve and also looks a bit off on some objects inside the battle tower. Those stones still seem somewhat white just not so much so that bloom would make them look weird.

I had a mini heart attack yesterday when I thought I wasn't getting the right Alcremie over and over, until I stopped and looked at the summary before restarting the game for millionth time lol I was like "I'm sure I'm doing it as quickly as possible" lol they all looked pink

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
Looking at this I think they'll keep their primary type for sure.

zeJuApI.gif

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
How would you guys feel if for the DP remakes the post game story involved Giratina and Arceus and then they did two expansions of a similar size and scope to the SwSh ones with the mascots being Darkrai and Shaymin?

I think it would be ideal

Looking at this I think they'll keep their primary type for sure.

zeJuApI.gif

My guesses:

Articuno: Ice/Psychic but I lowkey wish it was Ice/Poison
Zapdos: Electric/Ground or Electric/Fighting
Moltres: Fire/Dark or Fire/Ghost

But I guess the Psychic -> Fighting -> Dark makes more sense, kinda like the Kalos' starters.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
These new DLC's gives me hope for Diamond/Pearl remakes are going to be mouth watering, Sinnoh was rich in exploration, it will offer much more than Sword&Shield in terms of accessibility to caves, mountains and complex routes.

KayMote

Nov 5, 2017
Okay, just so I get it right: my game just updated, but the new 200 Pokemon are coming not until June / Fall, correct? And for the whole new rival thing to appear I need to get the expansion pass? It's not included in the free update?

Oct 27, 2017
These new DLC's gives me hope for Diamond/Pearl remakes are going to be mouth watering, Sinnoh was rich in exploration, it will offer much more than Sword&Shield in terms of accessibility to caves, mountains and complex routes.
I'm actually curious to see if they fixed the performance at all, because it's one thing to experience just the wild area with it's performance, but I'd it's the entire DLC when you're connected online...ehh.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, just so I get it right: my game just updated, but the new 200 Pokemon are coming not until June / Fall, correct? And for the whole new rival thing to appear I need to get the expansion pass? It's not included in the free update?
It is. The new rival will appear at the train station with Slowpoke even if you didn't buy the pass.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It's annoying as hell for them to make the Pokemon center lady say that shit EVERYTIME, I get it there's DLC you want me to be introduced to but shut up.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Oh neat, someone actually replied!
It would be really cool to see more story for Darkrai and Shaymin along with new forms for them or something. Honestly I hope DLC marks the end of Mythical Pokemon just being handed out at stores with no in game story.

The Distortion World, Shaymin, Darkrai even the Hall of Origin should come this way. Not only this remake, but for future games, DLC is the perfect way to receive Mythicals. They will finally remain hidden from the public as it's always been intended since they shouldn't come up in the first datamines (actually the only kind of DLC I was expecting for SwSh before the announcement of the expansions was for a mythical or two).

It really is very promising for the future of the franchise. Getting rid of having to re-implement the contents of the first pair of games onto a third one, really has the potential of them giving us so much more, new content and also saving us having to repeat it all over again, and catching all the same Pokémon again.

Part of the reason I took forever to finish Ultra Sun's Pokédex was because I had just done that the year before in Moon. It was just too soon, and having duplicates of every Pokémon just felt weird, but so it would've been if I only transferred them through Pokémon Bank. With previous third versions at least they had more time in between so it didn't feel as tedious.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The Distortion World, Shaymin, Darkrai even the Hall of Origin should come this way. Not only this remake, but for future games, DLC is the perfect way to receive Mythicals. They will finally remain hidden from the public as it's always been intended since they shouldn't come up in the first datamines (actually the only kind of DLC I was expecting for SwSh before the announcement of the expansions was for a mythical or two).

It really is very promising for the future of the franchise. Getting rid of having to re-implement the contents of the first pair of games onto a third one, really has the potential of them giving us so much more, new content and also saving us having to repeat it all over again, and catching all the same Pokémon again.

Part of the reason I took forever to finish Ultra Sun's Pokédex was because I had just done that the year before in Moon. It was just too soon, and having duplicates of every Pokémon just felt weird, but so it would've been if I only transferred them through Pokémon Bank. With previous third versions at least they had more time in between so it didn't feel as tedious.
The Distortion World should be part of the post game in the remakes, not DLC. Hall of Origin preferably as well, with the post game focusing on Giratina and Arceus.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I now have two slowpokes. Some one gave me one in a surprise trade. Now that was a surprise. Now if only some one would trade away their sword Pokémon ;) (only thing I'm sad about having shield is I do like sword's legendary better).

Fortunately Home is coming soon, so maybe someone will be willing to trade their legendaries for other stuff. Maybe old legendaries they don't have.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they didn't show Home in the Direct makes me think there isn't going to be much to it beyond what Bank already is.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Yup, maybe also fill them with more acitives, i hope the next gen is filled with wild areas and hopefully no more routes.

I agree those areas need to get better in future games, but I definitely think that a next step they also need to make is bring the "open-ness" to the normal routes, if not all the game (including cities and inside buildings).

Yes, the big areas are screaming for a revamp/polish, but it's just weird to still have normal routes. Even SwSh routes, as small, simple and "linear" as they are, if they had the free camera control, they would be a hundred times better.

We all may only think of the Wild Area now as the one having the free camera, because it's the only thing we've been introduced to with that feature, but as a concept it can get boring to have in every game, it's like too gimmicky. And if you think about it, it's just weird to have this huge open place, with hundreds of Pokémon coming and going, every day, like, by magic. Even weirder for the games whose selection of Pokémon was supposedly made out of the Pokémon that made the most sense for that region, like, does that make any sense at all?

I'd rather have smaller open areas throughout the game, based on different environments and weathers, with their own available Pokémon (even if they vary every day, but always within the same group) than having this humongous open area in the center of the map, that looks all the same, with hundreds of random Pokémon just for the sake of it, and that basically prevents you from ever visiting again any other route/city of the game in the years to come because all you need is right there.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Or maybe it's the opposite and it would have taken too much time
They spent like 15 minutes on SwSh DLC that is months away, if Home had substantial stuff to it the Direct would have been the time to show it since it comes out next month. There is no way it has so much stuff to it that they couldn't touch on it when Directs regularly feature full games in a few minutes.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
The fact that they didn't show Home in the Direct makes me think there isn't going to be much to it beyond what Bank already is.

They will have trade functionalities according to the Pokédex

IMG-20200113-231027.jpg

But even then, I'm not that worried. I was really interesting to know what Home was gonna be about, because it was gonna be, well, the Home to 400-ish of my Pokémon until they were available in a main game. But now that the DLC is confirmed, and even though there will still be 200-ish Home-less Pokémon, I'm not that worried anymore.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Didn't notice that

"with easy settings to search out exactly the Pokémon you're looking for"

That sure sounds like a GTS to me

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's already confirmed to allow trading through the app(meaning you can trade via smartphone and that the Global Link features that weren't rolled in Sword and Shield would be moved there at the very least.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
They will have trade functionalities according to the Pokédex

IMG-20200113-231027.jpg

But even then, I'm not that worried. I was really interesting to know what Home was gonna be about, because it was gonna be, well, the Home to 400-ish of my Pokémon until they were available in a main game. But now that the DLC is confirmed, and even though there will still be 200-ish Home-less Pokémon, I'm not that worried anymore.
Trading and some sort of little mini game using the Pokemon box sprites is honestly all I've been expecting.
I hope the actual games get a GTS alongside the DLC.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Off topic, I found funny the way the book spoke about Shellos and Gastrodon West Sea forms
IMG-20200113-231859.jpg

and btw, I really love the design of this new book. It reminds me of what they did for Gen V I think, but that was a pocket sized book. I wish they keep this format if they ever make a National Pokédex again.

IMG-20200113-231914.jpg

IMG-20200113-231944.jpg

They have this section with all the evolutionary families and Pokédex entries, as well as their official artwork (what I love the most and the sole reason I buy these books) and separately there's another section, more compacted, with move pools and stats, etc.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Off topic, I found funny the way the book spoke about Shellos and Gastrodon West Sea forms
IMG-20200113-231859.jpg

and btw, I really love the design of this new book. It reminds me of what they did for Gen V I think, but that was a pocket sized book. I wish they keep this format if they ever make a National Pokédex again.

IMG-20200113-231914.jpg

IMG-20200113-231944.jpg

They have this section with all the evolutionary families and Pokédex entries, as well as their official artwork (what I love the most and the sole reason I buy these books) and separately there's another section, more compacted, with move pools and stats, etc.
I've seen their Dex guide with movepools etc. And people thought the text size on Serebii was bad haha

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I've seen their Dex guide with movepools etc. And people thought the text size on Serebii was bad haha

You really need to be like 3cm away from the pages to read it properly lol

Nah, it's not that exaggerated, but it IS a very small font, especially for such huge pages. I understand that the "pocket" sized books from previous generations used this small font, but for some reason they keep it the same for the big books as well.

Tbh what you do on Serebii.net or any other website has much more, and more detailed information for those who really want know it all about the Pokémon and their moves and abilities. I just buy the books to "have the Pokémon" in some sort of physical, tangible way, but rarely read all the info. I used to do that up to Gen IV or so, but the grammar mistakes or even bigger errors like displaying the in-game sprite of another Pokémon instead of the correct one, were just too triggering, so I just focus on the artwork and general design of the pages ever since.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Finally can comment on this momentous announcement. And fuck me sideways, its got me conflicted.
First off I have always trumpeted and been convinced that either Gen 8 or the one after will be the first gen in a new hardware generation=Pokemon Generation cycle. What I mean is that this looks to be right in line with my speculations, that we will see one or two years of content updates for the base game with a remake and/or an experimental game like Let's Go resulting in a 4 or even 5 year generation. However, with how middling the base game is I dunno how happy I can be. Like if we got something with a story as good as SM and so on I wouldn't mind, but now it looks like Galar Proper isn't going to get any improvements or refinements and that kinda sucks. 3rd versions at least also touched the main region and so far it looks like the DLC is pushing mainland Galar to the side.
Second off, I dunno about CT but IoA definitely has some content that was meant for the main release and was pushed back. The upgraded Rotom Bike for more extreme conditions, Mustard and the concept of a champion training ground, not to mention the scale of the areas. The Isle of Man unless they blow up its size is extremely small compared to Scotland which is the basis for the Crown Tundra, and its a perfect size for what would have been Post League in previous generations.
And lastly, the content. I'm mostly positive this is gonna be a good chunk of content. 30$/€ for gameplay that does not include anything in the mainland from what we have seen means that they are essentially creating an entirely new game and the content volume should be on par with that, or at least 3/4ths of a new game. I expect that after the 2 updates we will see a brand new League including all 18 gym leaders, if not a sequel set in Ireland including the DLCs and Galar. I assume Isle of Man will be smaller to explore than the Tundra but the two towers and Mustard's Dojo will have tons of challenges to battle along with lots of new stuff to find in tbe Wilds. Afterwards Crown Tundra is gonna be the big one, and beyond the 3 new legendaries and the legendary birds we will likely see other new minor legendary Pokemon.
In any case, this is exciting for the future of the series. Doubling down on the Wild Area but now with verticality and interesting places to explore. Story based choices influencing the main legendary. A tighter release schedule for the generation with only 1 or 2 releases allowing them to fully work on the next gen while on the side creating DLC to expand the base game is a major course correction. The DP remakes are gonna be absolutely crazy now that the DLC has been announced imo, they are likely gonna reinvent the region with multiple wilds, keep the extensive post league, and probably expand the Underground based on the CT underground.
Overall excited, but not fully on board. I'll be there when and if Gen 9 is on par with SM or BW and then expand that with DLC, but for now with how boring the main campaign is I could only be slightly positive because of what it implies.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Finally can comment on this momentous announcement. And fuck me sideways, its got me conflicted.
First off I have always trumpeted and been convinced that either Gen 8 or the one after will be the first gen in a new hardware generation=Pokemon Generation cycle. What I mean is that this looks to be right in line with my speculations, that we will see one or two years of content updates for the base game with a remake and/or an experimental game like Let's Go resulting in a 4 or even 5 year generation. However, with how middling the base game is I dunno how happy I can be. Like if we got something with a story as good as SM and so on I wouldn't mind, but now it looks like Galar Proper isn't going to get any improvements or refinements and that kinda sucks. 3rd versions at least also touched the main region and so far it looks like the DLC is pushing mainland Galar to the side.
Second off, I dunno about CT but IoA definitely has some content that was meant for the main release and was pushed back. The upgraded Rotom Bike for more extreme conditions, Mustard and the concept of a champion training ground, not to mention the scale of the areas. The Isle of Man unless they blow up its size is extremely small compared to Scotland which is the basis for the Crown Tundra, and its a perfect size for what would have been Post League in previous generations.
And lastly, the content. I'm mostly positive this is gonna be a good chunk of content. 30$/€ for gameplay that does not include anything in the mainland from what we have seen means that they are essentially creating an entirely new game and the content volume should be on par with that, or at least 3/4ths of a new game. I expect that after the 2 updates we will see a brand new League including all 18 gym leaders, if not a sequel set in Ireland including the DLCs and Galar. I assume Isle of Man will be smaller to explore than the Tundra but the two towers and Mustard's Dojo will have tons of challenges to battle along with lots of new stuff to find in tbe Wilds. Afterwards Crown Tundra is gonna be the big one, and beyond the 3 new legendaries and the legendary birds we will likely see other new minor legendary Pokemon.
In any case, this is exciting for the future of the series. Doubling down on the Wild Area but now with verticality and interesting places to explore. Story based choices influencing the main legendary. A tighter release schedule for the generation with only 1 or 2 releases allowing them to fully work on the next gen while on the side creating DLC to expand the base game is a major course correction. The DP remakes are gonna be absolutely crazy now that the DLC has been announced imo, they are likely gonna reinvent the region with multiple wilds, keep the extensive post league, and probably expand the Underground based on the CT underground.
Overall excited, but not fully on board. I'll be there when and if Gen 9 is on par with SM or BW and then expand that with DLC, but for now with how boring the main campaign is I could only be slightly positive because of what it implies.
We don't know everything the expansions are offering yet and the new challenges they teased will probably take place in Galar.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
We don't know everything the expansions are offering yet and the new challenges they teased will probably take place in Galar.
I understand that. Its just that I don't see them skipping Ireland if they are willing to cover the Isle of Man and Scotland, but I also don't see it being something like the Crown Tundra considering how large it is. Just spitballing and I'm likely wrong, and honestly if they do touch on Galar I hope we do see it improved and refined. I keep on thinking how we not only saw maps for areas not in the game in Sonia's Lab that could be the Isle or the Tundrs, but also for Galar with labels were nothing exists which could mean that there will be a DLC later on for Galar that has a small timeskip that expands it in the same way B2W2 expanded Unova.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
I understand that. Its just that I don't see them skipping Ireland if they are willing to cover the Isle of Man and Scotland, but I also don't see it being something like the Crown Tundra considering how large it is. Just spitballing and I'm likely wrong, and honestly if they do touch on Galar I hope we do see it improved and refined. I keep on thinking how we not only saw maps for areas not in the game in Sonia's Lab that could be the Isle or the Tundrs, but also for Galar with labels were nothing exists which could mean that there will be a DLC later on for Galar that has a small timeskip that expands it in the same way B2W2 expanded Unova.
Crown Tundra is Scotland, but I'd argue that the Isle of Armor seems more like a fictitious island off the coast of Dover. The white cliffs are a near match, and it seems to be almost tropical, and while the southern coast of England is not that, it is still much more temperate than the Isle of Man.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Crown Tundra is Scotland, but I'd argue that the Isle of Armor seems more like a fictitious island off the coast of Dover. The white cliffs are a near match, and it seems to be almost tropical, and while the southern coast of England is not that, it is still much more temperate than the Isle of Man.
TPC have stated that it's based on the isle of man

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

As Serebii stated its officially based on the Isle of Man. I have a gut feeling they are gonna do something similar with a Season 2 DLC or a new game with Ireland and perhaps the Shetlands, using a minor/major contrast like how the IoM and Scotland are vastly different in size.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
TPC have stated that it's based on the isle of man

As Serebii stated its officially based on the Isle of Man. I have a gut feeling they are gonna do something similar with a Season 2 DLC or a new game with Ireland and perhaps the Shetlands, using a minor/major contrast like how the IoM and Scotland are vastly different in size.

If they themselves said it, it must be true lol
Either way, those cliffs are from the Dover coast 100%