• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So one question I have, is when Black & White eventually get remade. Will they also remake Black & White 2 immediately after? Or will they release 2 as a DLC sequel/expansion.

It's hard trying to imagine a DLC that just adds the other portion of Unova, the gym leaders, and entirely different areas to the map.

I can see that they might differentiate each game by making gym leaders version exclusive, or even which town becomes your starting town and you're path/progression through Unova is different depending on your game version. Then just make BW2 storyline in a shorten post game version. With DLC continuing the story to a BW3 showcasing the true Dragon or something like that. :/

DLC for remakes in general is a interesting conversation alone.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, I thought the southern part of Galar was already based on Scotland, I guess it only has some of the landmass though. Either way, with Galar being the the UK but upside down I guess that means the Crown Tundra is probably south of the starting area of the main game, which makes sense since they map cuts off without showing the ocean at the bottom.
I really hope they find a way to fit Northern Ireland into SwSh, maybe that could be where the new challenges pop up after completing the main game and both DLCs.
So one question I have, is when Black & White eventually get remade. Will they also remake Black & White 2 immediately after? Or will they release 2 as a DLC sequel/expansion.

It's hard trying to imagine a DLC that just adds the other portion of Unova, the gym leaders, and entirely different areas to the map.

I can see that they might differentiate each game by making gym leaders version exclusive, or even which town becomes your starting town and you're path/progression through Unova is different depending on your game version. Then just make BW2 storyline in a shorten post game version. With DLC continuing the story to a BW3 showcasing the true Dragon or something like that. :/

DLC for remakes in general is a interesting conversation alone.
Well it will be a different universe, I imagine they'll just do a brand new post game and either in that or DLC take elements of B2W2's story and map edits, but have it take place directly after BW with the player character of BW instead of B2W2. Also I think it's very likely it includes the original dragon. That'd be a pretty great selling point for a DLC.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Huh, I thought the southern part of Galar was already based on Scotland, I guess it only has some of the landmass though. Either way, with Galar being the the UK but upside down I guess that means the Crown Tundra is probably south of the starting area of the main game, which makes sense since they map cuts off without showing the ocean at the bottom.
I really hope they find a way to fit Northern Ireland into SwSh, maybe that could be where the new challenges pop up after completing the main game and both DLCs.

Well it will be a different universe, I imagine they'll just do a brand new post game and either in that or DLC take elements of B2W2's story and map edits, but have it take place directly after BW with the player character of BW instead of B2W2. Also I think it's very likely it includes the original dragon. That'd be a pretty great selling point for a DLC.
Note in the reveal trailer how they pan the camera over the map. It goes east for the IoA and South for the CT, so it made sense that they would likely be based on the areas to the west and north of England irl. The isle of Man is not something I expected honestly and thought Ireland in the first place, so its gonna be interesting if they do get there eventually how its handled. I would think like how the Crown Tundra is likely reached with a train expansion from Wedgehurst there will be either a boat or a new surf route from Spikemuth that takes you to the IoA. Its also funny how now the region is gonna have 2 giant Ice Areas both in its north and due south, I really wanna know now where the hell Kalos fits into the concept of the world being near parallel to ours. Unless in the Pokemon World England is to the south of mainland Europe and the whole world flipped, somehow.

As for BW remakes and DLC, I could see the reverse. They just straight up make Black and White 3 with the OG Dragon and have a Torna like prequel DLC for BW and B2W2.

L

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
As for BW remakes and DLC, I could see the reverse. They just straight up make Black and White 3 with the OG Dragon and have a Torna like prequel DLC for BW and B2W2.

L
I wouldn't say that's impossible, Game Freak in recent years loves doing different things, but I dunno, doing B3W3 instead of BW remakes just feels odd to me.
I doubt the remakes will get DLC
People said the same thing about the main series in general for years. In the past 10-ish years Game Freak has been doing lots of things nobody ever thought they'd do and in the last few years in particular they've been doing a lot of that. I don't think there is any way to say with certainty that Game Freak won't do DLC for remakes, especially since they treat remakes pretty similarly to any other main series game.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt the remakes will get DLC
They said they want adventures to last throughout the year and that it's something they hope to achieve going forward, so it would make sense to support all new games with DLC, and in terms of timing having DLC years in between each major game is the best option they have to both extend sales, make players happy, and have resources to properly develop everything

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
DLC for remakes would be cool in theory. I know people hate going back to Kanto, but imagine a remake of it with DLC Sevii Islands greatly expanded or a North Kanto for the bottom half of Tohoku, or a Johto Remake expanding on the two areas west of it. Like I can see DP remakes easily being platinum in the base game with a new Arceus centered DLC going to North Tohoku in the south with a fully explorable mountain featuring the Sinjoh Ruins.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

So this traduction of the characters notes make obvious that Galarian Zapdos is gonna be part fighting.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People said the same thing about the main series in general for years. In the past 10-ish years Game Freak has been doing lots of things nobody ever thought they'd do and in the last few years in particular they've been doing a lot of that. I don't think there is any way to say with certainty that Game Freak won't do DLC for remakes, especially since they treat remakes pretty similarly to any other main series game.
Still doesn't change that I don't think remakes will get DLC

They said they want adventures to last throughout the year and that it's something they hope to achieve going forward, so it would make sense to support all new games with DLC, and in terms of timing having DLC years in between each major game is the best option they have to both extend sales, make players happy, and have resources to properly develop everything
I see the remakes as a way to pad the time between the main games. Though now that GF are making HD games, it'll be hard to say what form the remakes will take. I still think they should make Sinnoh a Let's Go game rather than a game in the style of SS

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Still doesn't change that I don't think remakes will get DLC

I see the remakes as a way to pad the time between the main games. Though now that GF are making HD games, it'll be hard to say what form the remakes will take. I still think they should make Sinnoh a Let's Go game rather than a game in the style of SS
If anything Sinnoh is now more likely than ever to get remakes in the style of Gen 8. The co-op Raid Den underground concept, new Regis that will likely tie into Regigigas next year, the story choice portion of Isle of Armor that could be utilized for a Giratina post league story, it sounds a lot like ideas they came up with for the remakes being tested in the DLCs before fully fleshing em out in the next games.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I think every game they release going forward will have DLC. They've established that they can patch in new Pokémon whenever they want, which frees up a lot of pressure from the Pokémon Company.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
While I think We'll see more Let's Go games in the future I don't think they will completely replace remakes. For example we could get a remake of Gen 4 this Gen that is similar to SwSh, next Gen we could get Let's Go Johto and then the Gen following that we'd get Gen 5 remakes.
I think every game they release going forward will have DLC. They've established that they can patch in new Pokémon whenever they want, which frees up a lot of pressure from the Pokémon Company.
I think how well the DLC does will really decide things. If the DLC makes them a lot of money I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do DLC for remakes. Plus as it has been mentioned before DLC can allow generations to last longer while still having plenty of new content for all the stuff surrounding the games. With the cost and time it takes to make HD games they could really benefit from longer generations.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering how the DLC is going to scale. I'm sure a lot of people have leveled up their entire team to level 100 with the xp candies. I guess it would be best if it just scaled to the highest Pokemon in your party, but I don't see them doing that.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I'm wondering how the DLC is going to scale. I'm sure a lot of people have leveled up their entire team to level 100 with the xp candies. I guess it would be best if it just scaled to the highest Pokemon in your party, but I don't see them doing that.
My guess is that if you've finished, you get the Kubfu at the start and can't use anything else for the time being

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that if you've finished, you get the Kubfu at the start and can't use anything else for the time being
Hmm, I could see that being the case for Armor since the story revolves around you training with Kubfu, but for Crown I think automatic level scaling with the lowest possible level that enemy trainer Pokemon can be being around 70 or so makes the most sense.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If anything Sinnoh is now more likely than ever to get remakes in the style of Gen 8. The co-op Raid Den underground concept, new Regis that will likely tie into Regigigas next year, the story choice portion of Isle of Armor that could be utilized for a Giratina post league story, it sounds a lot like ideas they came up with for the remakes being tested in the DLCs before fully fleshing em out in the next games.
never noticed it till now but the raid dens do kind of remind me of the distortion world

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Just introduce Negative EXP Candy, ez.

As a more serious suggestion, they could make all the trainer battles auto-level everyone to 50 (or whatever level is appropriate).

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
never noticed it till now but the raid dens do kind of remind me of the distortion world
I hadn't even made that connection until now, huh. I've considered Eternatus being a distorted Dialga before, and if the max raid dens are connected to the distortion world, there is room there for some potentially amazing story synergy in a way they never achieved for the Megas connection between Kalos and Hoenn.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Just introduce Negative EXP Candy, ez.

As a more serious suggestion, they could make all the trainer battles auto-level everyone to 50 (or whatever level is appropriate).
They'd want to keep "Overlevel your team so you can beat this NPC" as an option for kids and beginners. I think it's likely that they will just treat this as a new adventure and therefore you have to start from scratch: you get Kubfu as your starter and can catch new Pokémon from the island, but everything else you had stays in mainland Galar until you've beaten the expansion.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I would think like how the Crown Tundra is likely reached with a train expansion from Wedgehurst there will be either a boat or a new surf route from Spikemuth that takes you to the IoA.

We take a train to the Isle of Armor with a special pass, that's how Avery/Klara get there with the Slowpoke event they added the other day. I think it will be the same for Crown Tundra, too.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Also to me it's crazy how much better looking Gigantamax gen 1 starters are compared to their mega evolutions. The latter felt like "add spikes/extra stuff" while the former are much more original

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's the opposite for me, the Gen 4 legendaries appearing in the DLC makes me think there aren't going to be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Jim Sterling just posted a video about this.......so if a thread gets made, you guys should probably stay away from it.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Also to me it's crazy how much better looking Gigantamax gen 1 starters are compared to their mega evolutions. The latter felt like "add spikes/extra stuff" while the former are much more original

Both Mega Charizards look way cooler than the Gigantamax. I'll give you Blastoise and Venusaur though.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jim Sterling just posted a video about this.......so if a thread gets made, you guys should probably stay away from it.

Seems odd to be making a video about Pokemon's questionable business practices now when there was so much more discussion about them last year before and shortly after SwSh came out.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched it. He spends half of the video rightfully criticizing people mad at the DLC for not making any sense, and the other half to weirdly complain about Pokémon using dual versions as if you're supposed to buy both. What a weird person.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Just watched it. He spends half of the video rightfully criticizing people mad at the DLC for not making any sense, and the other half to weirdly complain about Pokémon using dual versions as if you're supposed to buy both. What a weird person.
I don't understand him but his online persona is entertaining

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017

You're not "supposed to buy both," but likewise it would be naive to pretend it hasn't always been a deliberate monetization strategy because there are inevitably people who will buy both.

Jim's completely correct that any other company—particularly known manipulative ones such as EA or Activision—would be crucified for selling two simultaneous versions of the same game at full price with almost nothing differentiating them beyond collector material, and that Pokemon skates by grandfathered in by an ardent fanbase.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
We take a train to the Isle of Armor with a special pass, that's how Avery/Klara get there with the Slowpoke event they added the other day. I think it will be the same for Crown Tundra, too.
Huh didn't know that. Cool that the trains are being used in an interesting way. I wonder if they might revive the Battle Subway in these updates.
Blastoise sure, but both Mega Charizard Y and Venusaur are amazing designs. Especially Mega venusaur, I love the overgrown look it has
It's the opposite for me, the Gen 4 legendaries appearing in the DLC makes me think there aren't going to be Gen 4 remakes in Gen 8
I have my theories on that but I can't fully write them down yet.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They are using this as an excuse to bring all the Legendaries back, it'd be too obvious if the only ones conveniently missing were the Gen 4 ones.
Yeah, cause usually the "all the legendaries are back!" bonanza happens at the end of the generation. I'm fully open to being wrong here of course-- heck knows we're in uncharted territory now lol--but I don't think they're in the pipeline.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I still think the Diamond and Pearl remakes are overdue, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them coming out this generation.

We would have to see how many of the Pokémon missing from the SwSh expansions belong to the Sinnoh Pokédex, and that would hint a bit more towards a Sinnoh DLC to come along the remakes (though I think it's vastly covered with the current available Pokémon? has someone checked?)

In any case, even if they make the legendaries available, they can always introduce new forms / Gigantamax or whatever to give an excuse for the remakes. Heck, even going for the wild dreams route, they could even introduce "Sinnohnian" forms / evolutions for Pokémon from gens V - VIII. We know by now they are perfectly fine with introducing new Pokémon mid-generation, so why not?

I'm not holding my breath for anything, at least anything good, but after what they've done recently, they've opened the door to an endless range of possibilities for the future.

Edit: so I did it myself:

Already in Galar Confirmed in Expansion
  1. Turtwig
  2. Grotle
  3. Torterra
  4. Chimchar
  5. Monferno
  6. Infernape
  7. Piplup
  8. Prinplup
  9. Empoleon
  10. Starly
  11. Staravia
  12. Staraptor
  13. Bidoof
  14. Bibarel
  15. Kricketot
  16. Kricketune
  17. Shinx
  18. Luxio
  19. Luxray
  20. Abra
  21. Kadabra
  22. Alakazam
  23. Magikarp
  24. Gyarados
  25. Budew
  26. Roselia
  27. Roserade
  28. Zubat
  29. Golbat
  30. Crobat
  31. Geodude
  32. Graveler
  33. Golem
  34. Onix
  35. Steelix
  36. Cranidos
  37. Rampardos
  38. Shieldon
  39. Bastiodon
  40. Machop
  41. Machoke
  42. Machamp
  43. Psyduck (?)
  44. Golduck (?)
  45. Burmy
  46. Wormadam
  47. Mothim
  48. Wurmple
  49. Silcoon
  50. Beautifly
  51. Cascoon
  52. Dustox
  53. Combee
  54. Vespiquen
  55. Pachirisu
  56. Buizel
  57. Floatzel
  58. Cherubi
  59. Cherrim
  60. Shellos
  61. Gastrodon
  62. Heracross
  63. Aipom
  64. Ambipom
  65. Drifloon
  66. Drifblim
  67. Buneary
  68. Lopunny
  69. Gastly
  70. Haunter
  71. Gengar
  72. Misdreavus
  73. Mismagius
  74. Murkrow
  75. Honchkrow
  76. Glameow
  77. Purugly
  78. Goldeen
  79. Seaking
  80. Barboach
  81. Whiscash
  82. Chingling
  83. Chimecho
  84. Stunky
  85. Skuntank
  86. Meditite
  87. Medicham
  88. Bronzor
  89. Bronzong
  90. Ponyta
  91. Rapidash
  92. Bonsly
  93. Sudowoodo
  94. Mime Jr.
  95. Mr. Mime
  96. Happiny
  97. Chansey
  98. Blissey
  99. Cleffa
  100. Clefairy
  101. Clefable
  102. Chatot
  103. Pichu
  104. Pikachu
  105. Raichu
  106. Hoothoot
  107. Noctowl
  108. Spiritomb
  109. Gible
  110. Gabite
  111. Garchomp
  112. Munchlax
  113. Snorlax
  114. Unown
  115. Riolu
  116. Lucario
  117. Wooper
  118. Quagsire
  119. Wingull
  120. Pelipper
  121. Girafarig
  122. Hippopotas
  123. Hippowdon
  124. Azurill
  125. Marill
  126. Azumarill
  127. Skorupi
  128. Drapion
  129. Croagunk
  130. Toxicroak
  131. Carnivine
  132. Remoraid
  133. Octillery
  134. Finneon
  135. Lumineon
  136. Tentacool
  137. Tentacruel
  138. Feebas
  139. Milotic
  140. Mantyke
  141. Mantine
  142. Snover
  143. Abomasnow
  144. Sneasel
  145. Weavile
  146. Uxie
  147. Mesprit
  148. Azelf
  149. Dialga
  150. Palkia
  151. Manaphy

if they include Platinum:
  152. Rotom
  153. Gligar
  154. Gliscor
  155. Nosepass
  156. Probopass
  157. Ralts
  158. Kirlia
  159. Gardevoir
  160. Gallade
  161. Lickitung
  162. Lickilicky
  163. Eeevee (+ Sylveon?)
  164. Vaporeon
  165. Jolteon
  166. Flareon
  167. Espeon
  168. Umbreon
  169. Leafeon
  170. Glaceon
  171. Swablu
  172. Altaria
  173. Togepi
  174. Togetic
  175. Togekiss
  176. Houndour
  177. Houndoom
  178. Magnemite
  179. Magneton
  180. Magnezone
  181. Tangela
  182. Tangrowth
  183. Yanma
  184. Yanmega
  185. Tropius
  186. Rhyhorn
  187. Rhydon
  188. Rhyperior
  189. Duskull
  190. Dusclops
  191. Dusknoir
  192. Porygon
  193. Porygon2
  194. Porygon-Z
  195. Scyther
  196. Scizor
  197. Elekid
  198. Electabuzz
  199. Electivire
  200. Magby
  201. Magmar
  202. Magmortar
  203. Swinub
  204. Piloswine
  205. Mamoswine
  206. Snorunt
  207. Glalie
  208. Froslass
  209. Absol
  210. Giratina
There's the legendary missing from the Sinnoh dex:
  • Heatran
  • Regigigas
  • Cresselia
  • Phione
  • Darkrai
  • Shaymin
  • Arceus
Plus non-Sinnoh Pokémon obtainable through PokéRadar:
  • Nidoran♀
  • Nidorina
  • Nidoqueen
  • Nidoran♂
  • Nidorino
  • Nidoking
  • Venonat
  • Venomoth
  • Mankey
  • Primeape
  • Slowpoke
  • Slowbro
  • Grimer
  • Muk
  • Tauros
  • Ditto
  • Sentret
  • Furret
  • Togepi (included in Platinum)
  • Togetic (Platinum)
  • Togekiss (Platinum)
  • Mareep
  • Flaaffy
  • Ampharos
  • Hoppip
  • Skiploom
  • Jumpluff
  • Sunkern
  • Sunflora
  • Slowking
  • Wobbuffet
  • Wynaut
  • Houndour (Platinum)
  • Houndoom (Platinum)
  • Stantler
  • Smeargle
  • Tyrogue
  • Hitmontop
  • Hitmonlee
  • Hitmonchan
  • Miltank
  • Larvitar
  • Pupitar
  • Tyranitar
  • Poochyena
  • Mightyena
  • Taillow
  • Swellow
  • Ralts (Platinum)
  • Kirlia (Platinum)
  • Gardevoir (Platinum)
  • Gallade (Platinum)
  • Nincada
  • Ninjask
  • Shedinja
  • Whismur
  • Loudred
  • Exploud
  • Aron
  • Lairon
  • Aggron
  • Torkoal
  • Trapinch
  • Vibrava
  • Flygon
  • Swablu (Platinum)
  • Altaria (Platinum)
  • Baltoy
  • Claydol
  • Kecleon
  • Duskull (Platinum)
  • Dusclops (Platinum)
  • Dusknoir (Platinum)
  • Snorunt (Platinum)
  • Glalie (Platinum)
  • Froslass (Platinum)
  • Bagon
  • Shelgon
  • Salamence
or in Swarms:
  • Doduo
  • Dodrio
  • Zigzagoon
  • Linoone
  • Cubone
  • Marowak
  • Nosepass (Platinum)
  • Probopass (Platinum)
  • Phanpy
  • Donphan
  • Dunsparce
  • Snubbull
  • Granbull
  • Absol (Platinum)
  • Spoink
  • Grumpig
  • Drowzee
  • Hypno
  • Delibird
  • Swinub (Platinum)
  • Piloswine (Platinum)
  • Mamoswine (Platinum)
  • Voltorb
  • Electrode
  • Farfetch'd
  • Skitty
  • Delcatty
  • Natu
  • Xatu
  • Makuhita
  • Hariyama
  • Krabby
  • Kingler
  • Spinda
  • Beldum
  • Metang
  • Metagross
  • Pidgey
  • Pidgeotto
  • Pidgeot
  • Corsola
  • Surskit
  • Masquerain
  • Smoochum
  • Jynx
  • Lickitung (Platinum)
  • Lickilicky (Platinum)
  • Magnemite (Platinum)
  • Magneton (Platinum)
  • Magnezone (Platinum)
  • Electrike
  • Manectric
  • Slakoth
  • Vigoroth
  • Slaking
in the Mansion:
  • Jigglypuff
  • Wigglytuff
  • Igglybuff
  • Plusle
  • Minun
  • Castform
GBA insertion (I don't know how that would work now):
  • Seedot
  • Nuzleaf
  • Shiftry
  • Mawile
  • Zangoose
  • Solrock
  • Lotad
  • Lombre
  • Ludicolo
  • Sableye
  • Seviper
  • Lunatone
  • Pineco
  • Forretress
  • Gligar (Platinum)
  • Gliscor (Platinum)
  • Shuckle
  • Teddiursa
  • Ursaring
  • Caterpie
  • Metapod
  • Butterfree
  • Ekans
  • Arbok
  • Growlithe
  • Arcanine
  • Elekid (Platinum)
  • Electabuzz (Platinum)
  • Electivire (Platinum)
  • Weedle
  • Kakuna
  • Beedrill
  • Sandshrew
  • Sandslash
  • Vulpix
  • Ninetales
  • Magby (Platinum)
  • Magmar (Platinum)
  • Magmortar (Platinum)
Plus other obtainable Pokémon:
  • Rattata
  • Raticate
  • Spearow
  • Fearow
  • Paras
  • Parasect
  • Poliwag
  • Poliwhirl
  • Poliwrath
  • Bellsprout
  • Weepinbell
  • Victreebel
  • Seel
  • Dewgong
  • Exeggcute
  • Exeggutor
  • Kangaskhan
  • Horsea
  • Seadra
  • Staryu
  • Starmie
  • Pinsir
  • Omanyte
  • Omastar
  • Kabuto
  • Kabutops
  • Aerodactyl
  • Dratini
  • Dragonair
  • Dragonite
  • Ledyba
  • Ledian
  • Spinarak
  • Ariados
  • Slugma
  • Magcargo
  • Kingdra
  • Shroomish
  • Breloom
  • Volbeat
  • Illumise
  • Gulpin
  • Swalot
  • Carvanha
  • Sharpedo
  • Numel
  • Camerupt
  • Cacnea
  • Cacturne
  • Lileep
  • Cradily
  • Anorith
  • Armaldo
  • Shuppet
  • Banette
  • Spheal
  • Sealeo
  • Walrein
  • Clamperl
  • Huntail
  • Gorebyss
  • Relicanth
  • Luvdisc

Last edited:

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, cause usually the "all the legendaries are back!" bonanza happens at the end of the generation. I'm fully open to being wrong here of course-- heck knows we're in uncharted territory now lol--but I don't think they're in the pipeline.
This is a little different because these Pokemon weren't in the data to begin with.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
I went to buy it on the eshop and are they really selling 2 different versions of the DLC for both games??? Come the fuck on.

Also kinda hate they will be adding a bunch of Legendarys. How many of the 200 Pokemon will be Legendary? What I liked about SwSh was the lack of Legendary Pokemon.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I still think the Diamond and Pearl remakes are overdue, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility of them coming out this generation.

We would have to see how many of the Pokémon missing from the SwSh expansions belong to the Sinnoh Pokédex, and that would hint a bit more towards a Sinnoh DLC to come along the remakes (though I think it's vastly covered with the current available Pokémon? has someone checked?)

In any case, even if they make the legendaries available, they can always introduce new forms / Gigantamax or whatever to give an excuse for the remakes. Heck, even going for the wild dreams route, they could even introduce "Sinnohnian" forms / evolutions for Pokémon from gens V - VIII. We know by now they are perfectly fine with introducing new Pokémon mid-generation, so why not?

I'm not holding my breath for anything, at least anything good, but after what they've done recently, they've opened the door to an endless range of possibilities for the future.
Yeah, that's another thing to consider, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina will undoubtedly get new forms in the remakes.

Arynio

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
No.

It seems that The Isle of Armor expansion will allow you to help some of the Pokémon traveling with you gain the ability to Gigantamax. This has led to the discovery of the Gigantamax forms for Rillaboom, Cinderace, and Inteleon, the Evolutions of the three Pokémon you choose from for your first partner Pokémon in the Galar region.

It would be great if this applied to hatched babies, but I guess that would go against the concept of raids.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I'm guessing since wild area pokemon after you beat the game start at level 60 DLC would need to start trainers at 60-70. Or have a way that you lose access to your pokemon for part of the DLC so you are forced to use the new pokemon.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing since wild area pokemon after you beat the game start at level 60 DLC would need to start trainers at 60-70. Or have a way that you lose access to your pokemon for part of the DLC so you are forced to use the new pokemon.

Well they're going to let you Gigantamax your original starter and not catch a new one so that's what makes me wonder.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
You can start the new DLC when you first enter the wild area, so I'm guessing it'll have a similar balance. Low level Pokémon in the front, high level Pokémon in the back, Level 60 Pokémon in postgame.

I suspect the trainer battles will involve Kubfu, so you may be forced to use Level 20 Pokémon or whatever at the dojo.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The theory I mentioned earlier is that I think DP remakes will feature Eternatus and a counterpart for it, and both will have origin formes much like Giratina. I know it sounds strange for remakes to ditch the box legendaries, but there is likely a major connection to the distortion world when it comes to that legendary and I feel they will tie them into the Sinnoh games.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
It's really stupid to have a separate season pass for both versions. Living in the past.

That said, the DLC honestly looks neat, particually the glacier one, and may convince me to buy depending on impressions. If the DLC has a Hard Mode, or they release a Version with all the DLC included, I'll go for it.

One thing that does have me hopeful though, is that this is a clear opportunity for Gamefreak to experiment and break free of their current conventions with how they make Pokemon games. Maybe they'll learn new things. Maybe the story and overworld structure of the next generation will be dramatically different from anything before it.