• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Soran

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question. I have two Switchs and a physical copies of each game. If I buy the season pass with the primary account can I download both passes in both Switchs?

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I have a question. I have two Switchs and a physical copies of each game. If I buy the season pass with the primary account can I download both passes in both Switchs?
If you buy the season pass, the dlc will work on all profiles in the primary switch. It will only work on the purchaser profile on the secondary switch.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So is not like games? I have games bough with the primary account that I can play with other profiles in the secondary console.
it's exactly like how games work.

The Profile that bought the dlc and is activated on the switch will allow all other profiles on said switch to use the dlc.

If the Profile isnt activated on the switch, then the dlc will only work on the profile.

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a question, I know we don't know the answer but I was hoping for an opinion.

I do account sharing with someone who has Pokémon Sword. Is that going to be an issue for Pokémon bank do we think?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if there was no restrictions on what pokemon you can bring in for the DLC. If you want to stop with the Level 100s, let people stomp with the Level 100s. Certainly more relevant to the second pack for those that just want to catch legendaries right away.

Everyone looking for a challenge were probably already planning to rotate out their entire team to just Kubfu and whatever they find on the Isle anyway.

The Restrictive Training might bring up something at least. Hopefully that's like Celeste's Assist Mode where you can toggle various settings to make the game easier or harder.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Do you think they'll eventually add in the moves that are currently missing from the game? I'm not talking about Z-moves or those from Let's Go, but just the standard moves that they cut.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they'll eventually add in the moves that are currently missing from the game? I'm not talking about Z-moves or those from Let's Go, but just the standard moves that they cut.
I think they'll add a few of the missing ones, some that are decent moves and others that are for the learn sets of some of the returning Pokemon.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
Really hoping these expansions add a way to give a Pokémon access to its Gigantamax form, even if it's some overly expensive BP item. Going through and breeding my competitive Pokémon really makes the lack of control over Gigantamaxable Pokémon even more annoying.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the moves that were cut were pretty pointless. The notable ones were Pursuit, Return, and Hidden Power with the latter two clearly being cut because of the mechanics tied to them. I'm not expecting any of them to return.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the moves that were cut were pretty pointless. The notable ones were Pursuit, Return, and Hidden Power with the latter two clearly being cut because of the mechanics tied to them. I'm not expecting any of them to return.
A lot of the moves serve a purpose for the lower a mid level learnsets, but that's not really relevant for the DLC. Also if Chansy returns egg bomb will too. They also got a lot of shit for cutting Hidden Power, so I can see that returning.
Why exactly do you think Return and Frustration were cut?
Really hoping these expansions add a way to give a Pokémon access to its Gigantamax form, even if it's some overly expensive BP item. Going through and breeding my competitive Pokémon really makes the lack of control over Gigantamaxable Pokémon even more annoying.
They confirmed this will be the case of some Pokemon, like the Galar starters.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019

Yeah, I know, that's why I mentioned it. If it only ends up being the Galar starters (specifically the ones you started the game with) that would be super lame though. Because it shows they already figured out how to do this but chose not to.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of the moves serve a purpose for the lower a mid level learnsets, but that's not really relevant for the DLC. Also if Chansy returns egg bomb will too. They also got a lot of shit for cutting Hidden Power, so I can see that returning.
Why exactly do you think Return and Frustration were cut?

Being tied to Friendship.

I'm not expecting HP to return and those players should probably just hope for new moves to provide the coverage they want.

Yeah, I know, that's why I mentioned it. If it only ends up being the Galar starters (specifically the ones you started the game with) that would be super lame though. Because it shows they already figured out how to do this but chose not to.
There's noting to really figure out about it. It's probably just that there's no reason to do the G-Max raids if you can just pass them on.

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
There's noting to really figure out about it. It's probably just that there's no reason to do the G-Max raids if you can just pass them on.

I don't mean figure out like coding-wise, but lore-wise. Like, if there's an in-game way they can satisfyingly allow players to transform a Pokémon into a Gigantamaxable one, it should apply to everything. I can't imagine they'll do raids for
Melmetal
, so they'll probably let you do that one as well. I would be fine with them coming up with some obtuse way to transform your already existent ones into Gigantamaxable Pokémon, even a way that makes still getting them from raids technically easier.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Making it so the players don't have to max or bottom out friendship on their Pokemon. Like how HP was cut so players don't have to breed for those IV combinations.
Return is a great reward for bonding with your Pokemon and is the best stab move a normal type can have. Cutting Frustration is fine, but that's an awful reason to cut Return.
That reasoning for cutting HP would only make sense if they replaced it with something, but they didn't and thus a lot of Pokemon just have much worse coverage. Regular players aren't breeding for HP, so cutting it did nothing but hurt competitive players.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Return is a great reward for bonding with your Pokemon and is the best stab move a normal type can have. Cutting Frustration is fine, but that's an awful reason to cut Return.
That reasoning for cutting HP would only make sense if they replaced it with something, but they didn't and thus a lot of Pokemon just have much worse coverage. Regular players aren't breeding for HP, so cutting it did nothing but hurt competitive players.
The problem with this is that a lot of people saw breeding for HP as roadblock for them getting into competitive in the first place or it was one of the reasons they started hacking.

If they really wanted to they could create replacements or increase the availability of moves like body slam and mystical fire. We'll see what the new moves coming in the expansions are though I guess.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I'm really looking forward to impressions when this releases, I want to know if it will add some good post game content that the base games really need.

But I'm also thinking how bad of a deal this is for someone like me who was only interested in a third version, because the first versions are not worth the money to me. With this DLC method, I'd need to buy the base game of €60 plus the expansion for €30. Which is the same as buying 2 3DS Pokémon games.

I'm 100% not going to pay that price for this. I hope they'll have a deal for people who don't have the games yet, through I doubt it.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
The problem with this is that a lot of people saw breeding for HP as roadblock for them getting into competitive in the first place or it was one of the reasons they started hacking.

If they really wanted to they could create replacements or increase the availability of moves like body slam and mystical fire. We'll see what the new moves coming in the expansions are though I guess.
The easy answer would be to have items to change the hidden power of a Pokemon like how we have IV boosting items now.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I like the expansion pass idea, and looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I haven't been interested in playing the 'third pillar' games in a while (last one I played through was probably Pokemon Yellow), but I can see myself going back for new content added with the expansion and being able to just have my existing team available, without having to 'start over' (though I'm not sure if that's exactly how it works here). Looking forward to it.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Making it so the players don't have to max or bottom out friendship on their Pokemon. Like how HP was cut so players don't have to breed for those IV combinations.

Speaking of which, I would've expected Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon through the use of Sun Stone and Moon Stone respectively, now that they did it with Leafeon and Glaceon (the use of previously introduced stones, I mean). People always complain about trading evolutions, but I find the friendship ones the most obnoxious. The Camp feature made it so much easier, if you got the Pokémon at a low level, but otherwise it's just so annoying, especially since friendship isn't shown explicitly like a stat.

But going back to the moves, I think my issue or concern, it's just like the cut Pokémon, it's not about who has more reasons to be in, or what makes the most sense, but the fact they've been part of the franchise for years, and I think it adds to the personality, so to speak, of the Pokémon, and I don't think they really hurt anybody, except the developers that have to program them. Like, what is so wrong about moves like Mud Bomb, or Wake-Up Slap, Sky Drop, Rolling Kick, etc?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of which, I would've expected Eevee to evolve into Espeon and Umbreon through the use of Sun Stone and Moon Stone respectively, now that they did it with Leafeon and Glaceon (the use of previously introduced stones, I mean). People always complain about trading evolutions, but I find the friendship ones the most obnoxious. The Camp feature made it so much easier, if you got the Pokémon at a low level, but otherwise it's just so annoying, especially since friendship isn't shown explicitly like a stat.

But going back to the moves, I think my issue or concern, it's just like the cut Pokémon, it's not about who has more reasons to be in, or what makes the most sense, but the fact they've been part of the franchise for years, and I think it adds to the personality, so to speak, of the Pokémon, and I don't think they really hurt anybody, except the developers that have to program them. Like, what is so wrong about moves like Mud Bomb, or Wake-Up Slap, Sky Drop, Rolling Kick, etc?
My guess is some of those were moves they either felt were redundant or weren't really used. Like Rolling Kick is only learned by Hitmonlee and Hitmontop and they just used Low Sweep to replace it and Karate Chop.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My guess is some of those were moves they either felt were redundant or weren't really used. Like Rolling Kick is only learned by Hitmonlee and Hitmontop and they just used Low Sweep to replace it and Karate Chop.

The thing about this is, I didn't feel like they were consistent with the move cuts. Like they cut a bunch of redundant or unique moves, yes, but then they gave Grookey a new move called Branch Poke, which is literally Leafage with a different animation. Why?

Deleted member 15457

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Before SwSh, "friendship" and "affection" were two different stats with different effects and means of increasing. Return was tied to the former but not the latter.
SwSh merged them, so maybe return broke and the move was scrapped due to time? IDK. Shame, as the move was hardly OP and normal types need all the help they can get.

The thing about this is, I didn't feel like they were consistent with the move cuts. Like they cut a bunch of redundant or unique moves, yes, but then they gave Grookey a new move called Branch Poke, which is literally Leafage with a different animation. Why?

~Immersive Pokemon Move Aesthetics~

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
You know I was thinking, will they only release news once or twice up till June for the IoA or will we see a proper news cycle for both DLCs with a constant monthly stream of updates for the entire year?

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Then why not cut all signature moves, lol.
Rolling Kick has a different function than Low Sweep.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
You know I was thinking, will they only release news once or twice up till June for the IoA or will we see a proper news cycle for both DLCs with a constant monthly stream of updates for the entire year?

I expect there to be a monthly news cycle for the entire year. Which is kind of nuts if you think about it, because they're probably revealing the Diamond and Pearl remakes early next year, so we should be getting Pokémon news every month from now on.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I expect there to be a monthly news cycle for the entire year. Which is kind of nuts if you think about it, because they're probably revealing the Diamond and Pearl remakes early next year, so we should be getting Pokémon news every month from now on.
I don't expect the DP remakes to get announced until May or June of next year.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
They wanted a starter pokemon to learn move with a unique animation almost immediately? Starters and legendaries are prime candidates for special treatment even if they want fewer signature moves

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
signature moves seem to get spread around more after a generation. at least Darkest Lariat became a TR anyway

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they cut the TRs to be honest. It's bothersome to do all these raids and then realise you don't have Sludge Bomb for some reason so you have to go around the wild area and hope someone is selling it or something.

At least have a store where you can buy all of them. None of this arbitrary day business anymore.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just realized if the G-Max versions of the Kanto starters G-Max moves follow Charizard and are the other two pledge attacks Venusaur could be super annoying since it would reduce speed by 75%.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Just realized if the G-Max versions of the Kanto starters G-Max moves follow Charizard and are the other two pledge attacks Venusaur could be super annoying since it would reduce speed by 75%.
Unless I'm mistaken Charizard's G-Max move is a fire spin type move. Venusaur will probably be leech seed.