• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Unless I'm mistaken Charizard's G-Max move is a fire spin type move. Venusaur will probably be leech seed.
No it's a slightly stronger Fire Pledge. Charizards G-Max does not trap like fire spin and it does 1/6 damage per turn to both opponents for four turns even if they switch. Difference from regular pledge is that regular only does 1/8 per turn.

There is a Fire Spin one though but its for Centiskorch.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
Re posting my question from the OT to this thread in case anyone here might be able to help me.

When I use my psychical NA copy of Pokemon Shield on my EU switch profile and click on the expansion pass link it brings me to the EU eshop store so that's promising. I have a friend that lives in EU that wants to gift me a EU code for the expansion pass, I can easily redeem it on my EU profile but the holdup is we are trying to figure out/make sure that the EU pass will work for my NA switch profile/NA physical copy of the game as that's where my save file is.
I wouldn't want to accept the code, redeem it then find out it isn't compatible with my NA profile/save/copy of the game.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Re posting my question from the OT to this thread in case anyone here might be able to help me.

When I use my psychical NA copy of Pokemon Shield on my EU switch profile and click on the expansion pass link it brings me to the EU eshop store so that's promising. I have a friend that lives in EU that wants to gift me a EU code for the expansion pass, I can easily redeem it on my EU profile but the holdup is we are trying to figure out/make sure that the EU pass will work for my NA switch profile/NA physical copy of the game as that's where my save file is.
I wouldn't want to accept the code, redeem it then find out it isn't compatible with my NA profile/save/copy of the game.

I think Pokemon is a global SKU, so, theoretically, it should work. but you'll probably get a better answer from someone who has done something similar

Magnus

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been any word on a bundle SKU (either physical or digital) that includes either Sword or Shield AND the DLC for a discount?

I flipped my original Sword cartridge for nearly full price once I finished the main campaign and got bored.

Also, if I'm sitting on a ton of eShop credit, what's the best way to use it for this purchase? Is that voucher program still a thing?

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

Yes. It will work.

Has there been any word on a bundle SKU (either physical or digital) that includes either Sword or Shield AND the DLC for a discount?

I flipped my original Sword cartridge for nearly full price once I finished the main campaign and got bored.

Also, if I'm sitting on a ton of eShop credit, what's the best way to use it for this purchase? Is that voucher program still a thing?
Only digital. There's no discount. This is Pokémon, there won't be a discount.

The voucher program is no longdr active in NA. But is in other regions.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo only ever did DLC bundle discount once (NSMBU+Luigi). they don't do that anymore so you'll have to pay full price

and vouchers are still a thing if your not in North America

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Hey, is there a thread for shiny raids on here? I really would like to join a shiny gmax charizard raid.. I can't even get a gmax charizard raid to spawn.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
I don't think there's a thread here on Era but check out r/shinyraids on Reddit. Plenty of people hosting raids there daily. Good luck!

I have and I'm trying but I find shiny gmax charizard is so popular it's luck in its own getting in a raid (spent an hour or two trying to get in one last night. Well that and a shiny 6 IV ditto which I also had no luck getting into). Anyways, a poster was really sweet and gave me one (doesn't mean I won't try for another but at least I won't feel so pushed). I was hoping since htis place was smaller than reddit I'd have a better chance of getting into a raid. Ah well.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Since the thread was bumped, I was curious if anyone expects any new trailer for the DLC on pokemon Day? I know we're getting mythical footage, but I think at the very least they will most likely reveal galarian slowbro

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't. We're getting a trailer for the mythical and that's it.
fake-jynx-1024x580.jpg

I can't wait to see this beauty animated.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
One would hope that they're adding some sort of integration for the Mythical into Sword and Shield (whether as part of the DLC or otherwise) and not just patching the Pokémon in without even giving it a cutscene or anything.
I wouldn't expect that. Any integration would be for the legends coming in the DLC.

Since the thread was bumped, I was curious if anyone expects any new trailer for the DLC on pokemon Day? I know we're getting mythical footage, but I think at the very least they will most likely reveal galarian slowbro
I'm expecting it to show up in the next Nintendo Direct.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't expect that. Any integration would be for the legends coming in the DLC.
I don't really have high expectations because the Mythical integration in game has been pretty non-existent for a while now, but since they seem to be putting more effort into this one than normal, it'd be nice if they actually went all the way like they used to.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really have high expectations because the Mythical integration in game has been pretty non-existent for a while now, but since they seem to be putting more effort into this one than normal, it'd be nice if they actually went all the way like they used to.
Even back then mythicals were either you send them from another game or go to a small map and talk to the Pokemon with little to no story around it.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
One would hope that they're adding some sort of integration for the Mythical into Sword and Shield (whether as part of the DLC or otherwise) and not just patching the Pokémon in without even giving it a cutscene or anything.
Also they won't. Because by definition now Mythicals are event only, they don't appear in the games at all.

The backstory for the Mythical will be the movie. Then after watching it you can add the Pokémon to your team.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Also they won't. Because by definition now Mythicals are event only, they don't appear in the games at all.

The backstory for the Mythical will be the movie. Then after watching it you can add the Pokémon to your team.
I mean, literally the previous mythical Pokémon was the first one they actually let you catch since Gen 5, even if it wasn't in a mainline game.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
But we're talking about the main games specifically...
There wasn't really a main game for Meltan to attach itself to. The entire evolutionary line exists in this weird limbo.

Regardless, just because they've been handling mythicals poorly in general over the past couple gens doesn't mean this one won't be the one to break the trend, especially because they're taking the unprecedented step of patching it in so it isn't spoiled be datamining.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Was thinking about the Kanto bird forms earlier - I know myself went straight to thinking they were Galarian forms, but I wonder if they might just be forms they can swap between like the Therian forms. I got a shiny Zapdos from the Wonder Box, so kinda hoping I can use it for the new form.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Was thinking about the Kanto bird forms earlier - I know myself went straight to thinking they were Galarian forms, but I wonder if they might just be forms they can swap between like the Therian forms. I got a shiny Zapdos from the Wonder Box, so kinda hoping I can use it for the new form.

I don't know what to expect anymore, since they love being unpredictable.

The most obvious seems to be that they're Galarian forms, and so, you wouldn't be able to change forms (like any other regional form). The strange part is that we've never had regional variants for legendary Pokémon, so I don't know what would be the explanation but I guess it'll have to do something with that tree.

There's a slight possibility though, that they're not Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, but regional evolutions instead. Or even, completely new Pokémon altogether, like the new Regi's we've seen. Tbh, I wouldn't rule out anything at this point.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Weird thing to complain about but I wish there was a third new Regi. Three counterparts to the original Hoenn ones. Disappointed that there isn't.

Also I really want to see what Galarian Slowbro and Slowking look like.

Lbbaker

May 21, 2018
Secretly hoping that the DLC adds the fossil pokemon in their original forms. I want to see what they look like so bad. Alas, I fear they might end up being Pokémon we never actually get to see a la "The Original Dragon".

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
Weird thing to complain about but I wish there was a third new Regi. Three counterparts to the original Hoenn ones. Disappointed that there isn't.

Also I really want to see what Galarian Slowbro and Slowking look like.
On the other hand, six Regis total (when you include Regigigas) means you can make an all-Regi team :-O

Jun 8, 2018
I just hope there's decent offline post-story content. Unless you have an internet connection, your just stuck with the battle towers that can be completed easier than the previous games.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Secretly hoping that the DLC adds the fossil pokemon in their original forms. I want to see what they look like so bad. Alas, I fear they might end up being Pokémon we never actually get to see a la "The Original Dragon".
Yeah wth we never got The Original Dragon lmao. That's like one of the top things I want to know about in the games.
On the other hand, six Regis total (when you include Regigigas) means you can make an all-Regi team :-O
I did consider that lol. I'm just picky XD

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's foolish to say that Game Freak absolutely won't include the new Mythical in the DLC just because none of the Mythicals in the last 2 gens were properly integrated into the games. Game Freak is doing a lot of stuff people were sure they'd never do, so this Mythical being integrated into the DLC isn't some outlandish hope.

Draconestra

Avenger
Nov 2, 2017
I have and I'm trying but I find shiny gmax charizard is so popular it's luck in its own getting in a raid (spent an hour or two trying to get in one last night. Well that and a shiny 6 IV ditto which I also had no luck getting into). Anyways, a poster was really sweet and gave me one (doesn't mean I won't try for another but at least I won't feel so pushed). I was hoping since htis place was smaller than reddit I'd have a better chance of getting into a raid. Ah well.

Omg yes! Not only is it hard to get in for some popular Mons, they're even harder to catch even if you get in. This is why Charizard raids are so popular, no one ever drops out of them when they're hosted because of the low catch rate.

I usually stick to anyone with a low audience, or follow their discord because they'll rehost some other time and this time not that maybe people will be in there because it's not announced on Reddit just yet.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I can see the mythical being a part of the DLC with a train ticket for a new area that can be accessed from the Isle of Armor. I definitely see event only areas coming back in a big way for Gen 8

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Probably won't happen, but I hope that with them allowing you to make some of your existing Pokemon G-Max capable they make it so you can make Eternatus G-Max capable and use the Eternamax form as the design, but obviously not the stats. I really bugs me that its big form change isn't usable at all.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Omg yes! Not only is it hard to get in for some popular Mons, they're even harder to catch even if you get in. This is why Charizard raids are so popular, no one ever drops out of them when they're hosted because of the low catch rate.

I usually stick to anyone with a low audience, or follow their discord because they'll rehost some other time and this time not that maybe people will be in there because it's not announced on Reddit just yet.
You can always join the ERA discord. We host multiple dens every night.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Eternatus is like some of the gen 7 legends where they have a special form for the animations of their signature moves.