• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's obviously real harassment going on, but when some people started talking about youtube dislikes and hashtag spam (on official company accounts) as harassment I couldn't help but roll my eyes
People who complain about youtube dislikes are ridiculous. It's a totally passive way to how your dislike for something.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
How is it disingenuous? It's me showing you can not like things and not go to ridiculous levels about it

Point out where I'm going to ridiculous levels about it, because last time I checked I've never endorsed harassment or threats, not that that's something that should ever need to be said in the first place.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For many of us around Friday is where we'll have better idea of how the game is. At most any thing they post will be up to debate but not enough for full criticism.
Well, the Pokemon that were removed from the game are pretty much 100% confirmed AFAIK.

This alone is legitimate enough issue to criticize, hell, this is half the entire Pokemon roster. Considering all previous mainline entries had a full roster, it is a legitimate concern or at least it's the one that reaches me the most as a fan.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
I'm gonna try to avoid getting embroiled in how these Pokemon threads have been going as of late, and only comment on the new information I was unaware of:

-Some in this thread were making implications that Dexit was relatively unknown in Japan until the recent leaks. Is there more evidence of Japanese twitter users losing their shit over this as of late compared to before?

-Really hope the event wasn't canceled because of death threats. Fuck anyone who makes those.

-GTS being gone is news to me, and that suuuuuucks. I'd be interested in hearing their reasoning for such, considering how Nintendo Online is supposed to be insuring better online functionality.

-Why is anyone claiming GameFreak may patch improvements (more Pokemon, GTS) in, considering they've said multiple times that they won't, and their complete lack of ever doing so prior? (Admittedly when all this first came out, I speculated such as well, but I was swiftly corrected, and now I see claims from folks who should clearly know better)

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Serebii they planned that slip of the tounge. Thus they also planned to not say anything about the scope of the cut too. This absolves them of nothing and here you are telling people that "the franchise isn't for you" after telling people to stop spreading misinformation about the cuts as if it wasn't a big deal. I had my fill talking with you honestly and will go back to lurk mode.

Tbf I didn't know what I even expected.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
-Some in this thread were making implications that Dexit was relatively unknown in Japan until the recent leaks. Is there more evidence of Japanese twitter users losing their shit over this as of late compared to before?

It was fairly known in Japan. The Japanese press spoke about it and it had done the rounds, but no official post about it. However, it wasn't an unknown. People have taken a couple of tweets made after the leaks and acting like it's indicative of the whole thing.

It's often just people taking posts from 2ch, translating it, and saying "look at how the community is". It's the equivalent of taking a shitpost from 4chan and saying it's indicative of the communtiy

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna try to avoid getting embroiled in how these Pokemon threads have been going as of late, and only comment on the new information I was unaware of:

-Really hope the event wasn't canceled because of death threats. Fuck anyone who makes those.

-GTS being gone is news to me, and that suuuuuucks. I'd be interested in hearing their reasoning for such, considering how Nintendo Online is supposed to be insuring better online functionality.

-Why is anyone claiming GameFreak may patch improvements (more Pokemon, GTS) in, considering they've said multiple times that they won't, and their complete lack of ever doing so prior? (Admittedly when all this first came out, I speculated such as well, but I was swiftly corrected, and now I see claims from folks who should clearly know better)

The GTS stuff was discovered last night when the leaker couldn't find it.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Lol Serebii they planned that slip of the tounge. Thus they also planned to not say anything about the scope of the cut too. This absolves them of nothing and here you are telling people that "the franchise isn't for you" after telling people to stop spreading misinformation about the cuts as if it wasn't a big deal. I had my fill talking with you honestly and will go back to lurk mode.

Tbf I didn't know what I even expected.
It wasn't a slip of the tongue. How on earth do you think it's a slip of the tongue? And how is me saying that if you don't like the games anymore maybe they're not for you in any way related to me trying to get people to stop spreading misinformation?

Jesus christ, the stretches you've gone to.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe we should stop making threads based on unconfirmed speculation because it will only result in people going at each other throats.

Not surprising and yet here we are 14 pages later...

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
"Boycotts and death threats." Holy fuck, I've seen it all. These are the same things apparently.

You can't just bundle two unrelated things together to make one of them seem way worse.

Well, the Pokemon that were removed from the game are pretty much 100% confirmed AFAIK.

This alone is legitimate enough issue to criticize, hell, this is half the entire Pokemon roster. Considering all previous mainline entries had a full roster, it is a legitimate concern or at least it's the one that reaches me the most as a fan.
I was referring to the other stuff like how the game looks and other elements. The removal of the pokemon is something we can't change.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's often just people taking posts from 2ch, translating it, and saying "look at how the community is". It's the equivalent of taking a shitpost from 4chan and saying it's indicative of the communtiy

I feel like this has been happening for most of this thread. Feels like people are talking past each other.

Rentaru

Nov 14, 2017
I havnt really been apart of this nor do I care about the DeX like that, but why couldnt expanding the team be on the table, would the cost have been that much?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I havnt really been apart of this nor do I care about the DeX like that, but why couldnt expanding the team be on the table, would the cost have been that much?
It was the biggest team they have had on a Pokémon by far. They increased the development team size significantly for Sword/Shield.

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wish players would vote with their wallets if they are this pissed about the game. Threaten the dev is stupid and illegal so don't do it people.

(mat)

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It shouldn't be written, but please stay civil in the replies.

I apologize for being off topic, but this cracked me up for some reason. I assume it's supposed to say "It shouldn't need to be written", but "It shouldn't be written" tickled me and I'm not entirely sure why. Am I nuts? Why is this so funny to me?

Btw, I'm not making fun of you. Typos happen, etc. I just actually out-loud chuckled at the idea of a dystopian town where things like "please stay civil" are FORBIDDEN TO BE WRITTEN. I dunno man....

Shit... I gotta go home or something. I think I've gone loony.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most of the anger would have been lessened if they were direct about the cut in say an actual pokemon direct or something of the kind, like post a video apologizing about the fact they had to cut the pokemon number down to half, not tippy toes the situation and say stuff in nintendo treehouse events/things the majority of people didnt watch. I'm still getting the game since i get a good discount on it... and a good chunk of my favorites are in the game, the only blame i have for gamefreak/tpc is their lack of a Clear Statement on the whole debacle (basically release a damn youtube video and say this is how it has to be or some crap) and i do blame people for going WAYYYYY overboard for attacking the company (hell it reminds me of when people attacked the director of DQ11 S for the demo having a bug on twitter to the point he had to make it private for his own health)

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I apologize for being off topic, but this cracked me up for some reason. I assume it's supposed to say "It shouldn't need to be written", but "It shouldn't be written" tickled me and I'm not entirely sure why. Am I nuts? Why is this so funny to me?

Btw, I'm not making fun of you. Typos happen, etc. I just actually out-loud chuckled at the idea of a dystopian town where things like "please stay civil" are FORBIDDEN TO BE WRITTEN. I dunno man....

If it makes you feel better, crazy person, your post made me laugh lol

Deleted member 8674

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

You should be part of Kojima's team for his next game.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
It was fairly known in Japan. The Japanese press spoke about it and it had done the rounds, but no official post about it. However, it wasn't an unknown. People have taken a couple of tweets made after the leaks and acting like it's indicative of the whole thing.

So this is more of a case of the leaks bringing it back to the forefront of the conversation about the game (as it has done in this forum) ? It would certainly make sense in that context.

Until we get more ACTUAL confirmed info on whats going on we cant assume that its over Dexit, death threats or any unruly behavior as that.
The article only MADE that hypothesis. It did not say their sources said it was Dexit.

I think there's a good chance the article is correct with its speculation (given the death threats prior and the arson at a popular animation studio, I could understand being concerned about hosting an event that large), but I'd like to see more actual journalism behind the implication. Have more death threats emerged from Japan since the leaks? Is Dexit trending on twitter in Japan? What could be GameFreak's motivation to not call attention to the potential safety risks from the death threats at the event for stopping it?

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
I wish players would vote with their wallets if they are this pissed about the game. Threaten the dev is stupid and illegal so don't do it people.

Voting with our wallets isn't enough don't you see? They have to know what they did over and over and over and over through every platform we have for MONTHS.

How could we simply just not give them our money for their product? How would that send them a message?

Status
Not open for further replies.