• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Hey guys, is there a way to change the metric system? For the weight and height? I want some kg and meter lol

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
I just swept the Champion. Very disappointing.

And everything leading up to the Champion battle is really, really stupid.

At this point I'm feeling like the only good things to come out of this game are Sirfetch'd and the gym leaders.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Doing some raids to get some Exp Candy for my team for Leon.

Just got Snorlax G and now I'm going for Charizard G. Oh, and a pretty tough Gastrodon W.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I finally have a good team dynamic with the abilities I wanted. Now I need to work on breeding the right nature/IV and getting them their EVs. But I'm fucking exhausted. Grinding for hidden abilities and testing out teams has drained me.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
How do I battle flying pokemon in the wild area? I'm just sitting here watching a Xatu cycle being too high up and way too high up.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm seeing a bunch of videos saying to catch several high IV Dittos in order to start breeding, but shouldn't I just max out a single ditto and then train it to max IV's? What is the drawback to that?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm seeing a bunch of videos saying to catch several high IV Dittos in order to start breeding, but shouldn't I just max out a single ditto and then train it to max IV's? What is the drawback to that?
IVs are something you can't change.
You're thinking of EVs.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Okay, so I have Sword and Shield, plus two switches. How do I trade between the two? Can I use my account name for both games and still trade or does each game need a different account in order to trade Pokémon with each other?

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, so I have Sword and Shield, plus two switches. How do I trade between the two? Can I use my account name for both games and still trade or does each game need a different account in order to trade Pokémon with each other?

This is a good question. Try setting up a link code on each game on each Switch. I'd love to know if you can successfully trade under the same account name.

udivision

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
...welp

Is it digital or physical?

Sword is digital, shield physical. I tried running Sword on a guest account using my main system (the Lite) while using my main account on my original Switch. I was able to have the game running on both systems using two different accounts but no matter what, it would not let me trade so I borrowed a copy of Shield. What should I do now? Can I use my account on both games, running at the same time and trade even though it's the same account?

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Sword is digital, shield physical. I tried running Sword on a guest account using my main system (the Lite) while using my main account on my original Switch. I was able to have the game running on both systems using two different accounts but no matter what, it would not let me trade so I borrowed a copy of Shield. What should I do now? Can I use my account on both games, running at the same time and trade even though it's the same account?

I'm pretty sure you can't have both games online on one account on two switches, unless they changed it if I ever started a game on my primary switch it would suspend all games on the non-primary switch on that account.

In addition, accounts need nintendo online to trade, so the guest account technically doesn't have switch online to access trading features since unlike something like PS account systems, guest accounts don't get granted primary account switch online privileges. I guess you could set up a trial nintendo online account for the guest account and it might work?

But I also thought saves were account specific, so you would have to play the game on the guest account to the point where you got the stuff to trade, not use your main acocunt's save.

Its all very complicated really...

E: Not sure if SwSh has local trading that bypasses online requirements or if it still needs online access, could be a workaround but still has issues.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Were the trainers in raid battles with stuff like eevee and wobuffet just designed as trolls or did they really misunderstand their own system so badly as to think these would be helpful? Nothing like getting helping hand from eevee when 99% of the time my next attack is either enough to bring them to the next set of barriers, or already attacking barriers, in both cases having helping hand do nothing. Or wobuffet who seemingly doesn't even have mirror coat, just counter, and dies in one hit making counter absolutely useless. I mean, at least give him a focus sash so it can get off a single counter...

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Is there a way for me to get Ancient Power on Charizard?

From what I've seen battling online Ancient Power is more useful then Solar Beam on Gigantamax Charizard in this current Meta Game.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Got a 6IV on my first try OMG

zhG5iPP.jpg

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y
It doesn't fit the scene but it's a legit good song.

Honestly I feel the music in this game is BW/BW2 good...very unique from the usual fare.

I have the exact opposite opinion, the music is some of the worst GF has offered in awhile. It's one of my biggest disappointments with the game, which is sad because I can usually rely on them to deliver with that if nothing else. So much music either sounds really generic (the routes, most cities) or has stuff in it that ruins it (the chants in Marnie and Hop's final battle themes).

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Trying to make a Battle Tower/online battle team but I just can't wrap my head around a solid idea since I've never done it before. Would love to make a bug team or using the move sandstorm if anyone has some tips on how to do team builds.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Where are you guys getting your info for stuff like Natures, where to find Raid Pokemon, etc? Is it all on Serebii?

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the Shiny Charm, yay.
Definitely my sloppiest Pokédex completion ever though. Did not even remotely get to a Livingdex.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Forgot about the Destiny Knot requirement. If I have two near perfect IV Pokémon and am trying to get a perfect, should I give them both DKs and hope for the right mix of being carried over? Or does it only acknowledge one knot in the breeding process?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I asked this the other day but didn't get an answer: does anyone else have the issue in handheld mode where the Joycons just stop working for the game? You can hit home and use the system menu just fine, but they stop working with Pokemon. The only way to fix is to disconnect and reconnect the Joycons. It's rather annoying as when it happens, it's every few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.