• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I thought my Weavile would be able to counter Whimsicott and its Tailwind. Then u learned it has Prankster. Killer Queen has no weaknesses.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Hacking Pokemon has always been confusing to me. Do these people mod their consoles and go online? Isn't that just asking to get banned?
They use PkHex
Closing in on 200 Honedge hatched today and no shiny in sight. I think I've bred at least a 1000 mons since my last shiny 2 weeks ago. Masuda method is cruel.
Join me in my descent to madness. I'm near 1000 eggs myself and no shiny Blipbug

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
The tough part about Masuda is that my hunts have varied from 6 to 1400. And you don't know how long it'll be until it's over.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
....really?

Leon's Cinderace just used FIRE PLEDGE against me? Seriously how this battle ends?!

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
They use PkHex

Join me in my descent to madness. I'm near 1000 eggs myself and no shiny Blipbug
Are there other Switch games that can be played online where people are cheating like that? Seems surprising to me that it's just so easy to do regardless of the system apparently.

I did around 2.5 hours last night grinding and got a shiny Skwovet (was up to about 325 battles which was nearly the exact same number as Rookidee took) in the first area of the game. I then decided to go hatch some eggs and swapped in a Dreepy to go alongside a Japanese Ditto I had (sadly only 3/6 Best). First egg I hatched was shiny, lol. Wasn't even certain about it at first since the difference is so minimal.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fun getting the IV Checker and seeing which Pokemon of yours are hidden geniuses.

Most of my Raid ones are good non surprisingly. Now to think about what Pokemon I want to raise up first for online? I'm less about synergy and more about going with a favorite that's decent.

Maybe Seismitoad?

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
Fire gym is actually difficult if you choose to avoid hard-walling Ninetales and Arcanine with a type disadvantage. The will-O-wisp and fire spin combo is painful, as is the final mon with its multi-type attack spread. Arcanine is a challenging bruiser to fight after Ninetales too. Whoever designed that battle did a good job.

A lot of the gyms actually do have a bit of strategy going on, but it's really easy to overlevel and blast through them with type advantage so most people never see them. Though even then, Melony's Eiscue said "No ma'am" when I thought I could just Pyro Ball my way through her team.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have Sword so I haven't even seen Eiscue yet.

No one else in game uses it and I don't think I ran into one in the wild.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
The tough part about Masuda is that my hunts have varied from 6 to 1400. And you don't know how long it'll be until it's over.

Yeah, my wife had to hatch 1400 eggs to get a shiny, while I got one in a little over 300 (both Masuda and shiny charm). She was slightly annoyed at me.

I'm on the hunt for a blipbug now. At around 250 eggs so far, I'm curious to see how long this will take.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I might breed some Seedot tonight and surprise trade them.

Is there no Pokemon to speed up egg hatching on this title without Flame Body?

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
Still not done with the main campaign, but wanted to grab a Gigantamax Snorlax while I still can. Managed to catch only 1/3 I attempted, and the one I got was only 3-star.

I was skeptical about this dyna- gigantamax stuff, but damn it's been a great addition. Really does feel larger than life when you encounter one. They smartly Incorporated raids from Pokemon Go into here, imo. Looking forward to poking around a bit more with it.

Oct 28, 2017
Ohh I have Shield and saw a Darmantian raid online which I joined and it had zen mode and... It actually stayed in the ball (haven't had much luck catching from other people's raids). Is HA Galatians Darmantian sought after?

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I almost lost an entire Doubles game because I missed the very first attack.
I should've lost it too, but my opponent played horrendously otherwise.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it me or is there a ton of Water Pokemon used by the Battle Tower folks?

Just me but that's like all I encountered up to Leon.

(I'm embarrassed though as I almost lost to a team using fucking Liepard and Maractus)

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Can someone tell me the appeal of rare pokemon hunting?

I'm trying to complete my list of all the Dragon type pokemon in the game, and so, I'm running around in circles in a snow storm, for hours, trying to get a Duraludon to spawn.

This isn't fun. I'm not even engaging with the mechanics of the larger game. It's just tedious pulls of the slot machine.
I got some extras if you need one

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
So I wrapped up Pokemon Sword today. Ended up enjoying it for the most part, and I'd say it's OST (barring Gladion's themes in S&M which were fire) was the best of the series. Felt like the story was a downgrade of of S&M's though.

mjw

Oct 27, 2017
Sub T-wave Curse Mimikyu, Sub Protect Moody Glalie, and an Imposter Ditto. Easily the most disgusting team I've ever faced

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like they should go back to 2 Abilities max for each Pokemon and ditch HAs. I mean it seems most Pokemon don't get much use out of atleast one of their Abilities.

That way you can Ability Capsule Pokemon. Maybe make some Abilities though rare on Pokemon...like with the Starters where's there's a clear better Ability...to keep some element of grinding for it in tact.

I think all Pokemon should at least have one ability that's useful in game, and moreso than abilities like Inner Focus or Sweet Veil.

You might see use out of those a couple of times in a whole playthrough?

Meanwhile stuff like Punk Rock and Tough Claws are amazing.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I know I'm not saying anything new, but it is actual insanity that there are no sorting options in the Pokemon box. I am in shock that an entire team of video game developers just didn't think this was necessary.

Trying to find the Pokemon I need while the online raid battle timer ticks down is pure digital anxiety.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
Wild Area weather has to be one of the worst mechanics ever implemented when trying to complete the pokedex.

Finally got a Riolu today so now I'm just missing Salandit and just turning the game on each day to check the weather.

I'm all about varying spawn rates but locking Pokemon to a specific weather in a single area is just ridiculous.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm really enjoying just filling up my Dex. The wild area makes it really fun, since there's constantly new Pokemon popping out due to the weather and raids, plus with exp. share and the storage box I can load my team up with level-up evolution Pokemon.

I'm not looking forward to getting some of the rarer version exclusives, though, to get it to 100%. I miss the GTS.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Whimsicott isn't slow, so it depends on the sets and Prankster is still a thing depending what n the move used.
Sorry still confused. With a beneficial nature, Whimsicott's max speed at level 50 184. Weavile's is 194. And considering Weavile isn't affected by Prankster, shouldn't I have gone first? He didn't have a choice scarf or anything either. It was a focus sash. Considering it was Sashed, it still would've been able to use Tailwind. I'll take that L. But I at least wanna know why I didn't go first considering Weavile is faster (my Weavile is Jolly) and ignores Prankster.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry still confused. With a beneficial nature, Whimsicott's max speed at level 50 184. Weavile's is 194. And considering Weavile isn't affected by Prankster, shouldn't I have gone first? He didn't have a choice scarf or anything either. It was a focus sash. Considering it was Sashed, it still would've been able to use Tailwind. I'll take that L. But I at least wanna know why I didn't go first considering Weavile is faster (my Weavile is Jolly) and ignores Prankster.
The way prankster works is that dark types aren't affected by moves that receive a boost in priority from it. Tailwind boosts the speed of their Pokemon, so it would still work.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Litwick line.

Sizzlipede, too, but that's a HA.

Huh weird I've been using a Flame Body Sizzlipede to hatch my eggs, never realized it was HA. Certainly never bred any Centiscorch, and I'm listed as the original trainer, no idea where this thing came from. Don't remember ever fighting an unevolved Sizzlipeded in a raid, but I guess I must have?

Wild Area weather has to be one of the worst mechanics ever implemented when trying to complete the pokedex.

Finally got a Riolu today so now I'm just missing Salandit and just turning the game on each day to check the weather.

I'm all about varying spawn rates but locking Pokemon to a specific weather in a single area is just ridiculous.

I mean you technically can just turn your switch clock 1 day forward and check the weather over and over if you wanna get it done. Depends how much you consider something like that "cheating", but I figure if they implement a stupid system I don't mind breaking rules to get around it. Can do it while the game is running too, weather changes dynamically.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I believe prankster is only shut down by dark types if the priority move actually targets the dark type. Tailwind does not target it so it still gets priority.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Prankster gave a boost to Whimsicott's Tailwind, which doesn't affect Weavile.
Weavile doesn't ignore the affects of Tailwind.
After it got off a Tailwind, Whimsicott is 2x faster, thus it has 216 - 368 effective Speed.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The way prankster works is that dark types aren't affected by moves that receive a boost in priority from it. Tailwind boosts the speed of their Pokemon, so it would still work.
I believe prankster is only shut down by dark types if the priority move actually targets the dark type. Tailwind does not target it so it still gets priority.

I see now. I guess the one Whimsicott I killed with Weavile must've not had Prankster. Whimsicott is such a dick. Guaranteed faster team.

AzVal

May 7, 2018
Got this 10 days ago, I was basically spoilerfree since I don't muster that much interest to look into spoilers, but as liked the 3ds gens I said, "why not", the more I play it the more I like it. Love the Wild Area, like the gigantamax/dynamax, and those gym battles are the dopest ever (I now want a gen 8 in smash to get the gym leader theme).

I am 5 badges in, and after practically jumping from gen 2 to 6, I have no real complains other than the low quality graphics, after seeing what other studios and even non nintendo games can get out of the system, its not up to par, funnily I though it was what I was going to be more forgiving, but I am having fun (and love the trainer animations), I dread that I am close to the end, still I always rack another good chunk of time breeding perfect/shinies if only to use against the battle trees, unfortunately I forget the entire process between gens, so time to learn again.

I ran out of Nintendo Switch Online so I cant tell what I am missing there, anything worth doing to spend my free trial?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I see now. I guess the one Whimsicott I killed with Weavile must've not had Prankster. Whimsicott is such a dick. Guaranteed faster team.
It's honestly infuriating. The only way to stop it would be having one pokemon use fake out and another kill it but anyone who knows what they're doing would see that coming and use protect turn 1 and set up tailwind next turn. If it wants to tailwind it will do it. It forces you to run tailwind to match the opponent or use trick room to counter it otherwise your opponent will outspeed you which usually means your fucked.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I mean you technically can just turn your switch clock 1 day forward and check the weather over and over if you wanna get it done. Depends how much you consider something like that "cheating", but I figure if they implement a stupid system I don't mind breaking rules to get around it. Can do it while the game is running too, weather changes dynamically.
Yeah I might do just that. Do raids work the same way?

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I might do just that. Do raids work the same way?

Similar, but a little more complex. What you need to do is start a raid battle, start searching for more people, then while searching change your switch system settings 1 day forward. Go back to the game, quit the raid, and when you open it again a different pokemon will be in it. Compared to weather where you can just change the date without extra steps.

I don't feel bad doing this at all, since the hidden ability system basically forces you to either do this glitch or trade for them if you want a specific hidden ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.