• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, made Master Ball Tier.
At 1800ish with 34 - 16 record.

Can I drop out of Master Ball if I start doing horribly?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
What's with the raid matchmaking today? All other times before, I'd find lots to join and have people join mine. Now, it's like a ghost town.

Danielsan

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
As much as people hated on Dexit (I personally didn't really care, B/W was my favorite gen cause it had no old pokemon at first), I will say bringing the dex down to 400 made compiling a living dex finally seem manageable enough to accomplish for me, so I think I'm gonna go for it. Probably gonna stick to the 400 until home though, have too many of the "foreign pokemon" already on bank to bother re-collecting them.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Yesterday, I decided enough was enough and started using the time glitch.

I'm never going back.

No more looking around for Pokémon that won't show up (Rotom is mine!), no more hoping, days after days after days, for the HA Raid I'm hoping for (HA Trevenant is mine!), no more buying expensive items to EV train (hello Pokémon University!).

It may well not be the way developpers intended the game to be played, but now, maybe, I can hope having a competitive team in-game sometime before 2022.

Gumshoe

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any place that you folks would point me towards to touch trade the cover legendaries for the Pokédex entries?

Oct 25, 2017
HA Shuckle raid is the funniest thing.

Not only does it begin with seven shields, its' HA means that it gets sharp increases to Def and SpD every time you break them. First time I've ever lost due to turn count.
Ugh, I ran into this too. Our second try against a HA Shuckle I had to bring my Umbreon with Guard Swap to take it down while my partner did all the damage.
I 🖤 my Umbreon. And Don't Fuckle with Shuckle.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a while doing surprise trades last night. People really do use it to dump level 1 trash eh

I would say 99% of surprise trade is breedjects, since you get so many extras when trying to breed for competitive. Hopefully you get a close to end stage breedject that is almost there but not quite finished, but often you get early breedjects that have like 2-3 IVs and a decent nature but thats it.

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Just unlocked the IV Judge. Wow. I was running such trash. But I knew that already. These 5 star raids are really good though. Practically perfect right out the gate. I had such a weak Ditto though. If only any of the random ones that pop up were joinable.

Oswen

Oct 25, 2017
I really wonder why Centiskorch is so slow considering centipedes are usually extremely fast, sometimes scaringly so.

Spicy Noodles

May 29, 2018
Man Raid exploits ruined this game for me. the fact that gamefreak still haven't fixed those exploits and bugs shows how much they care

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of curious if we've learn who designed what Pokémon in this game. So far, I only know that Yusuke Ohmura did the cover legendaries, Hitoshi Ariga did Corviknight and Yusuke Kozaki did not design Greedent (though he does like the design). Looking at Saya Tsuruta's twitter page, her pinned tweet says that she designed none of the Pokémon revealed by the game's launch too.

ameleco

The Fallen
Nov 2, 2017
Why is the only way of getting sweets in the battle cafe? What an awful idea. Same goes for the "special" pokeballs. Literal trash-tier game design. Been a week without anything I need. And no I don't want to exploit the calendar. Why should I have to do that anyways? Maybe they should come up with a better way to do this.........

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Hatched 210 eggs and no shiny. I know its only a 1/455 chance but ugghh. Its so demoralising especially since I want one with Riolu's HA, and that only has an 80% chance of passing down.

CloudCircus

Dec 9, 2017
I bought quick balls in the first wild area near the steps. Went back and the guy is selling repeat balls. Do the merchants move to different locations?

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I have just had a Sucker Punch fail while targeting a Pokémon that later attacked, how does it happen

giphy.gif

Okay it seems like there is a very situational glitch that makes Sucker Punch fail

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
I'm undecided as to how I feel about the fixed pokemon per raid den and fixed TRs per pokemon fought based on # of stars. On one hand, it makes it pretty easy to farm TRs and actually possible to farm HA pokemon, but both are only reasonable to farm using the date swap method also because of these locked spawns.

The raid system sucks in general, there really needs to be a cheap way using watts to re-roll a den (mimic date swap functionality but put it ingame) and either a way to "learn" what dens have what pokemon ingame or just randomize them throughout the area. I hate systems in games that are only clear using outside resources.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all

I need help completing my Pokedex. I need:

Lunatone
Throh
Croagunk
Spritzee
Sableye

Touch trading is fine for the non-evolutionary lines. I can offer Sword exclusives, a Japanese ditto, gmax snorlax and some other rare mons for your troubles.

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I've gotten really lucky getting hidden ability Gigantamax pokemon.

I've gotten hidden ability Gigantamax Sandaconda, Centiskorch, Duraladon, Snorlax, Kingler, Hatterene and Alcremie all on the first capture.

alphacat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hey all

I need help completing my Pokedex. I need:

Lunatone
Throh
Croagunk
Spritzee
Sableye

Touch trading is fine for the non-evolutionary lines. I can offer Sword exclusives, a Japanese ditto, gmax snorlax and some other rare mons for your troubles.

anyone? I can trade some gmax mons if it sweetens the deal

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I am up to 13 hours of hatching without a shiny for this stupid Scorbunny. I have a Raboot and Ditto. I've been reluctant to change anything, but is there any way that it not being a Scorbunny is having a negative effect on my chances?

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
God, the endgame plotline is getting so stupid. I'm trying hard not to let it leave a bad taste after the whole game.

"Leon is late for dinner and he never breaks a promise, so certainly a very evil plot is going on! And if Chairman Rose is with him, of course he is suddenly evil! Oleana told me to wait for the meeting to end and up to this point I have always done what she told me without question, but not this time, because she's now EVIL. No, this time I will pursue an NPC through town and beat him in three inocuous battles with the help of my friends who are also fighting for justice so I can get in the tower and find out urgently WHY IS LEON LATE FOR DINNER. This is it guy, this is the endgame, all my journey has led me here."

Jun 2, 2019
Well, after almost 72 hours and 220 catched Pokémon i finally beat the champion and finished the game.

I have to say i liked it. A LOT. Love the clean graphics, the colors, the environment wich feels a lot like Kalos and the battles. Game Freak went nuts with particles, beams, things flying everywhere. The new animations (Yes, THE NEW ANIMATIONS) are all pretty good, i'm particularly in love with Cinderace's Pyro Ball animation, but there's a lot out there that are basically amazing.

Same goes to the soundtrack, amazing right until the end (Well, get that poor excuse for a wolf's howling out of my Pokémon game please), the gym and champion theme became instant classics the moment i listened them - i'm in fact listening the Gym leader theme as i write - but those aren't the only ones. Dynamax battles, the diverse cities, the rival battles... are all great.

Please Game Freak, ditch that bump sound already, it's uncanny for the 3D games

Found the gameplay particularly fun and engaging. The gameplay loop works particularly well during the main story: Go to city, explore/beat the gym leader, watch a bit of story, go to the wild area to get some new catchable Pokémon. It becomes a necessity in the second half of the game, but that has been already talked to death i pressume. The online Dynamax raids are particularly addictive once they kick in (stopped having issues connecting shortly after release, dunno what happened there) and some days i spent a couple of hours just doing raids.

Oh yeah, hats off to the Pokémon camp, wich seems to be the definitive form of Amie and, well, works amazingly, having your pokémon there interacting with their companions and yourself, entering other people's camps, cooking curry to save some valuable potions and revives... It's very enjoyable.

Now the story, well, i'm not one to judge games for their story when it's not the main pillar of the game, but this game is a new breed of terribad
I loved the simple premise of "Here's the champion, here's your rival, go beat the gym challenge and become the champion yourself. Oh yeah, you know that red light? It makes Pokémon to become giant and it's part of the challenge too" in fact i wanted it to be like that, with a bit of myths and legends here and there, but once you beat the Fairy gym everything goes to shit, not because the story itself is bad, but because how it develops, with Bede going from imposing rival to instant comic relief to going completely absent, the team yell being completely irrelevant, and the Dark night plot developing in the space of what, 1 hour?

Man, that felt bad.

Oh well, there's some good details here and there. Hop is a pretty good character with actual character development that made me feel respect for him (Also they don't ditch him once it's obvious he can't beat you, he sticks until the Eternatus battle and takes part on it, Marnie feels like a good ocassional sidekick, and they managed to make Rose and Oleana actually menacing (They would have been particularly good villains with actual plot development)

Particularly infuriating is when the dynamax light outbreak happens and the story COCKBLOCKS you. That actually pissed me off because it would have been a great event

Now, on to complete the Pokédex and start training and shiny hunting

Oh yeah, a last comment about difficulty, i actually struggled to get through some parts and even the champion defeated me twice and forced me to switch some Pokémon from my team. I think that the game makes the assumption that you're going to change your team a lot, catching new pokémon you'll want to add (Maybe that's why the distribution is so good). Well, in my case that's what i did and i actually reached the final part of the game underleveled, with Leon and his Charizard destroying me at the very end (the first time i didn't even reach that pesky non dragon)

That charizard having a grass attack and destroying my Gigamax Drednaw actually got a few claps out of me. Well played Game Freak, well fucking played.

As a final note, i ended with a box full of Pokémon i ended up using through the game, my original idea was two or three parallel teams.

Last edited:

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
God, the endgame plotline is getting so stupid. I'm trying hard not to let it leave a bad taste after the whole game.

"Leon is late for dinner and he never breaks a promise, so certainly a very evil plot is going on! And if Chairman Rose is with him, of course he is suddenly evil! Oleana told me to wait for the meeting to end and up to this point I have always done what she told me without question, but not this time, because she's now EVIL. No, this time I will pursue an NPC through town and beat him in three inocuous battles with the help of my friends who are also fighting for justice so I can get in the tower and find out urgently WHY IS LEON LATE FOR DINNER. This is it guy, this is the endgame, all my journey has led me here."

The part that made me guffaw was when the meeting was... exactly what it was supposed to be, and you went out for dinner with Leon like nothing happened.

DiceyRobot

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't tried online trainer battles yet, but just curious, are they pretty much all perfect IV meta Pokemon squads at this point?

I just wanna battle my goofy, imperfect team against someone else's imperfect team. The thought of breeding and grinding out perfect Pokemon seems not so fun to me.

Oct 28, 2017
After playing plenty of 6v6 battles, I think I understand why ranked is 3v3. A time limit is needed and people scam using the time limit, so that is kind of trash.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
you have to do what for a flame orb??

honestly the rng in this game is just fucking resentful and petty towards players, like it's upset you're even trying to play it at all. Some of the timesink demands just had no real thought huh

Aisutron

Nov 1, 2017
Vancouver, Canada
I still didn't finish main story since I'm enjoying just finding the team I want to make first. It's been a long time since I played Pokémon so much honestly.

I added my friend code, please add me! I have both versions but I am just working on Sword now.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I have a 6 IV Water Absorb Frillish and a 5 IV (all except atk) one as well if anyone wants one

trying to breed for a shiny and if its a female ill be so mad lol

Status
Not open for further replies.