• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
jeoAjTR.gif

mCAyd9z.jpg

N9ROQYr.png

qbt5sqx.jpg

5EIS54A.jpg

JZwpFIi.png

g6LB6b4.gif

hNWhtus.jpg

fEAOg3P.png

6V4WmUj.jpg

S7ILj94.jpg

VDHbLW2.jpg

m61yLax.png

KwztfvW.png

9aMLR22.png

UMHbr0G.png

iu4hdLd.png

1. Do I need Nintendo Switch Online to trade online/make use of the online features?

Yes, Nintendo Switch Online membership and a Nintendo Account are required for online features. This game also includes an in-game option to purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership for users who do not have one.

2. Can I trade Pokémon from my 3DS games or Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee! to Sword and Shield?

Yes, but only those that are available in the Galar Pokedex. Besides that, you need Pokémon Home that will be available next year.
pokemon-home.jpg

3. How big is the Galar Pokedex anyway?

As of today, the Galar pokedex has 400 total pokémon

4. Which Pokémon were cut in these games?

Check the pastebin below

5. What's the number of new pokémon?

- 81 new species
- 13 Galarian Forms

6. Can you soft reset for a shiny starter?

No, shiny starters are locked just like in LGPE although you can breed them if you want to go for their shiny forms.

7. Are there multiple save files in these games?

No, but it works like PGLEP in that each Nintendo Account can have a different save file.

JOIN THE RESETERA POKÉMON SWORD/SHIELD FRIEND-DEX
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

JOIN THE ERA RAID DISCORD!

Hidden content

CREDITS

Credits to Mucrush on DevianArt for the SwSh font
Thanks to Bulbapedia for the png pictures of various Pokémon and screenshots of the game
Serebii for the Galar Dex and info about various features
KingDirk for originally creating the Sword/Shield Friend-Dex
SeZMehK for adding a submission form for better security

And thank you for reading!

THE SHINY POKÉMON GRAVEYARD

Armite KOd a Shiny Pacham with rollout.
Tiamant KOd a Shiny Arrokuda with a critical hit
cyappu KOd a Shiny Lotad with a critical hit

Last edited:
OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
POKÉMON SWORD AND SHIELD OT
Text Version
1. GENERAL INFO

Developer: Game Freak
Publisher: Nintendo / TPC
Genre: RPG
Release Date: Nov.15.2019
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Players: 1-4(Multiplayer)

2. Welcome to the Galar Region

During your adventure, you will be traveling through the Galar Region, where you will find many unique locations, such as huge grassy plains filled with nature and towns and cities where people and Pokémon work and live together!

Another characteristic part of Galarian culture is the way Pokémon battles are regarded as the most popular form of entertainment across the whole region.

Challengers face off against the Gym Leaders in Pokémon battles in the various stadiums found throughout the region.

3. The Champion Cup

Once a year in the Galar region, a series of Pokémon battles are held with the Leache Championship on the line. This is the Champion Cup! The Champion Cup is the tournament to decide who will be able to challenge the reigning Champion for their seat. Exemplary Trainers throughout the region, such as those who successfully complete the Gym Challenge, are allowed to participate in the Champion Cup tournament.

4. Galarian Form Pokémon

Certain Pokémon have adapted to the unique environment of one specific region and look different than the same species might look when found in another region.

These different appearences are known as the regional forms of those Pokémon, and it seems their behavior also differs from that of their previously discovered forms. The Galar region has its own regional forms of Pokémon, knowns as Galarian forms!

5. The Dynamax Phenomenon

The Dynamax phenomenon, whis allows Pokémon to become tremendously powerful, is an integral part of Pokémon battles in the Galar region. Dynamax Pokémon don't just become bigger- they get a boost in power as well. But they will return to normal after three turns, so make sure think carefully about when to trigger the Dynamax phenomenon.

6. Gigantamaxing

Gigantamaxing Pokémon become bigger and just like nomal Dynamaxing, Gigantamaxing boosts the power of the Pokémon. It also allows each Gigantamax Pokémon to use a unique move knows as a G-Max Move! Each G-Max Move is particular to a specific species of Gingantamax Pokémon, and regular Dynamax Pokémon can't use G-Max Moves at all.

7. Max Raid Battles

You'll be able to meet up with other players and have fun with them in the Wild Area via local or online communication. One way to have fun is to join up with three other players and take on powerful Dynamax Pokémon in Max Raid Battles.

8. Poké Jobs

In the Galar Region, it is very common for people and Pokémon to work together. Many corporations and universities request the help of Pokémon through what are known as Poké Jobs.

The Pokémon you send will help out with the job, and the experience will even help them grow. There are many different Poké Jobs available. You'll find that certain Pokémon types are suited for specific jobs, too. Helping out for a long time or sending as many Pokémon as you can on a job can also net some good results. You might even recieve some rare items!

9. Officially revealed exclusive gym leaders and Pokémon.

Sword
: Bea, Farfetch'd, Gothita, Deino, Turtonator, Jangmo-O, Ruffle

Shield: Allister, Ponyta, Larvitar, Solosis, Vullaby, Goomy, Drampa

10. Team Yell Enters the stage

They want nothing more than for Marnie to become Champion, and they all try to obstruct other challengers in all sowrt of ways. They will take over hotel lobbies, prevent other challengers from accessing transportation, adn even shout and distract opponents during battle. Whenever Marnie battles, it seems these Team Yell Grunts are quick to appear, showing their support with Marnie-print towels and also horns.

11. New and Returning Features

Pokémon Boxes

In these games, you'll be able to access your boxes in various town and facilities, but also while you're on the road or even when you're exploring the tall grass.

Autosave

Autosave will save your progress when you enter a town or building, this function will be turned on by default but you can turn it off if you want at anytime.

Nicknames

In Sword and Shield, you now have the chance to give a nickname to a Pokémon you recieved through trading. Be careful: You can only change it once.

Mints

Mints can modify which stats of your Pokémon are likely to grow faster than usual. Using a mint on a Pokémon changes the stat-growth patterns of each nature. The Pokémon's nature itself won't change even if you use a mint.

Vitamins

In Sword and Shield you are now able to max out a Pokémon's base points using only these supplements.

Exp. Candy

Wid exp.candies you can give your Pokémon Exp. Points directly. You can earn these in Max Raid Battles.

GALAR REGION POKÉDEX
REVIEW THREAD

FAQ

1. Do I need Nintendo Switch Online to trade online/make use of the online features?

Yes, Nintendo Switch Online membership and a Nintendo Account are required for online features. This game also includes an in-game option to purchase a Nintendo Switch Online membership for users who do not have one.

2. Can I trade Pokémon from my 3DS games or Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee! to Sword and Shield?

Yes, but only those that are available in the Galar Pokedex. Besides that, you need Pokémon Home that will be available next year.

3. How big is the Galar Pokedex anyway?

As of today, the Galar pokedex has 400 total pokémon

4. Which Pokémon were cut in these games?

Check the pastebin below

5. What's the number of new pokémon?

- 81 new species
- 13 Galarian Forms

6. Can you soft reset for a shiny starter?

No, shiny starters are locked just like in LGPE although you can breed them if you want to go for their shiny forms.

7. Are there multiple save files in these games?

No, but it works like PGLEP in that each Nintendo Account can have a different save file.

JOIN THE RESETERA POKÉMON SWORD/SHIELD FRIEND-DEX
Hidden content

CREDITS

Credits to Mucrush on DevianArt for the SwSh font
Thanks to Bulbapedia for the png pictures of various Pokémon and screenshots of the game
Serebii for the Galar Dex and info about various features
KingDirk for originally creating the Sword/Shield Friend-Dex
SeZMehK for adding a submission form for better security

And thank you for reading!

Time till the game unlocks on the US eShop
t1573794000z1.png

UK eShop
t1573776000z0.png

Japan eShop
t1573743600z0.png

Last edited:

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Aww yeahh let's get it. Gonna start playing as soon as possible on Friday. Wonderful OT Xavi

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
I'm ready! TeamPure and hyped to explore the Wild Area and the Camping feature. The customization is also looking good.

Wild Area

xjPfmZCo.gif

e3ZqLC1J.gif

RRFW1suu.gif

A38JUuce.gif

fEyDuoE3.gif

Camping

9n1DX8jn.gif

GuruTRz2.gif

jkgAii9m.gif

aZ6yZpZG.gif

XninduEp.gif

Customization

smbA99GG.gif

nPGniiiX.gif

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Ready to start a new line of competitive mons let's goooo!!

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! Can't wait for Friday to be in Galar!

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Great OT! I hope we have a great trade community and overall fun time with this game even with the rocky pre-release info.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT!

As disappointed as I am by the stuff that's come out about the games lately, I'm still excited to play Sword tomorrow night. Took off Friday so I can just play it all weekend lol.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
We've ordered it already. Christmas present for the niblet. He got into it through Go, played through Let's Go and plays on Quest too. Not a reader yet, so I'm glad that this game isn't too overwhelming sounding. I was worried it would go a bit too technical from Let's Go. Although I'd love to see more from that series.

(We are team Sword)

honestrade

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great OT. Still debating picking this up at launch or later. Definitely getting Shield eventually.

Sadnarav

Nov 6, 2019
Will be a holiday in Brasil friday so I will have to manage my time between Pokémon Sword and Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order. Maybe the best day for games in 2019

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Great looking OT, I don't see a spoiler policy in it (may have missed it), I assume we shouldn't talk about leaks until release?

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Vespiquen is going to need all the help from God she can get because, uh, things are not looking good for her this gen.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
While I'm extremely dejected by how the game turned out, I'm in with Shield thanks to a remaining voucher.

FossilPhantom

Oct 22, 2019
Great job on the OT! I can't wait until Friday, there is no better feeling than catching and prepping for battle some brand new Pokémon!

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The right title was picked!

Waited 3 years, at long last, I'll get to play it in 2 days :D

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Hah, #GameFreakLied is still trending

I'm still buying Sword and Friday, but it's good to see that people are voicing their concerns.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I got an early copy today. I'm about 2 hours in and thoroughly enjoying it. In case anyone has questions about early game stuff, feel free to ask.

Iori Fuyusaka

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forgive me if this has already been addressed, but from looking that Galar Pokdex link -- do the starters not evolve in this game?

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Hopefully I'll get to do some raids, trades and battles with you fine folks.

And I look forward to reading the reactions as the pure people encounter the new Pokemon and Galarian forms, too. Sadly, I'm impure.

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
Fantastic OT. I can't wait to play the game... on saturday ;-;
Team Sword and SobbleSquad reporting in

Last edited:

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Beautiful OT, Xavi! Hopefully this will be a nice environment to hang out and discuss the games in a civilized way. I'm so excited for Friday! We're almost there!

Status
Not open for further replies.