• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Had to use that slightly-overleveled Scraggy to overpower Marnie's Marpeko. I didn't have any good options for it, and it would take like 40% HP off of any of my team with that Bite. That Scraggy will be my anti-dark solution but I don't want it hogging exp quite yet.

Kabu was also more worthwhile than the first two gym leaders too. If he had been three fire-only Pokemon it would have been tricky to get my Drizzile to go the distance, but Corvisquire was able to finish the fight after Drizzile went through the first two.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
What do you all think about the Gmax pokemon and not being able to use them online in ranked? Do you think that official format is a mistake or are those special Gmax moves to good?
I think it makes them more special to catch like legendaries that are really underpowered
Most gmax moves suck tbh. Gmax gengar seems pretty crazy, but it also feels like an outlier
The Butterfree one can be useful for doubles maybe? If Butterfree stats were a bit better.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
Had to use that slightly-overleveled Scraggy to overpower Marnie's Marpeko. I didn't have any good options for it, and it would take like 40% HP off of any of my team with that Bite. That Scraggy will be my anti-dark solution but I don't want it hogging exp quite yet.

Kabu was also more worthwhile than the first two gym leaders too. If he had been three fire-only Pokemon it would have been tricky to get my Drizzile to go the distance, but Corvisquire was able to finish the fight after Drizzile went through the first two.
That Morpeko destroyed my time first go, also used a Scrafty against it.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Is Bede actually suppose to be a tsundere? Now that I look back on his behavior and dialogue I get that impression overall.

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: DO NOT put the filters for your friends! It's hard for them to appear on your stamps. Just leave out of it and you will eventually find them.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like people are cycling through the rare version exclusive raids that I need to get Gigantamaxes lol. So I guess that isn't going to work out.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I like how Perrserker has such cool animations and upon evolving it learns Iron Head that makes it flash grey and bounce forwards a little so you never see them.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
What do you all think about the Gmax pokemon and not being able to use them online in ranked? Do you think that official format is a mistake or are those special Gmax moves to good?
I mean, this is just the Series I format. On Jan 1st Series II will start with different rules and last for two to three seasons (months), then after that another Series/format will start and last for two to three months, etc.

I am honestly way more concerned that they are constantly changing the rules than Gmax is currently not allowed TBH. If they do special season-esque shit for some of these series I am DONE man lol

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I mean, this is just the Series I format. On Jan 1st Series II will start with different rules and last for two to three seasons (months), then after that another Series/format will start and last for two to three months, etc.

I am honestly way more concerned that they are constantly changing the rules than Gmax is currently not allowed TBH. If they do special season-esque shit for some of these series I am DONE man lol

I didn't realize this wasn't going to be the norm.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So can anyone give me some post game impressions now that more people have had time to finish the game? Are you satisfied with what there is to do after you beat it? Is it super easy to make different teams? I'm afraid to beat the game and then want to immediately put it down because there isn't much to do. I need to make up my mind already.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
Noob question...

Can you give your Pokemon a nickname after you have captured them? Like if I say no right after the first fight am I screwed? I'm not finding an option for it anywhere right now.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Noob question...

Can you give your Pokemon a nickname after you have captured them? Like if I say no right after the first fight am I screwed? I'm not finding an option for it anywhere right now.
The person in the booth to the left in the Pokemon Center lets you rename any Pokemon except those that already have nicknames and were received through trades.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I swear, Barbaracle and Goomy are SUPPOSED to have the same encounter rate in the Lake of Outrage but I just ran into 3 Barbaracle in a row and no Goomy.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
8 gyms done! Certainly a step up from Moon, where I gave up halfway lol.

Overall, I thought the gyms were pretty good for the most part with memorable gym leaders. I enjoyed a lot of the challenges, and the whole sports event theme works so well. The gym leader battles were certainly hyped.

Only dud was the dark type gym really, even though I still like the gym leader (and his battle was good).

Oct 25, 2017
tfw I'm hunting for more dmax and gmax on raid with the group and I go like:

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.