• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Had no problems with him. Intelleon sweeper and I used Grimmsnarl for dragapult. I wonder if Intellron is just super easy mode since it outspeeds nearly everything?
Probably because Leon is one of the hardest champions ever in Pokémon. Has a very balanced team and really high level Pokémon.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Probably because Leon is one of the hardest champions ever in Pokémon. Has a very balanced team and really high level

He's probably the best since the 3DS era, but Cynthia and Steven from DP/RS are much, much harder to beat.

I still can't beat Cynthia playing the game normally now. I always to either grind or cheese her with battle items.

Leon's mons were pretty much one shotted by everything in my personal case.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I had like no issues at all with Leon. I noticed there is a level spike between him and the last battle you had with Rose. But my team was basically tied with his levels at that point (Which Is nice over the 5 levels+ I was against anyone else) and just playing the Type Game was enough to win. The one exception was Haxorus which Iron Tail'd out my Alcremie, that was it. Bare in mind this was also with basically zero Wild Area time and focusing on the story, with a number of rotations in the team as well.

I dunno if it's fair to count that you can fight Leon at any time at Max Health and Max PP due to how the game is set up, but it is there. Whilst healing items can have you survive the gauntlet of Elite 4 battles, odds are you can just be out of PP on your best moves as Elixers are not common items you can buy in stores, so you may to win without the best moves in hand. That does make the fight easier over past Champion members for sure.

Gordie actually took the crown for most KOs against my team with 3, solely because he led with a Shell Smash Barbaracle which I wasn't prepared for (The rest of his team sorta stunk though).

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
He's probably the best since the 3DS era, but Cynthia and Steven from DP/RS are much, much harder to beat.

I still can't beat Cynthia playing the game normally now. I always to either grind or cheese her with battle items.

Leon's Pokemon were pretty much one-shot by everything in my personal case.
Cant really agree with that.

Cynthia the same level Pokemon as Leon and 3 of her Pokemon are weak to grass, with one of them even being 4x weak.
Torterra alone can beat 4 of her Pokemon no issue since its grass and learns earthquake.

Steven has a team that is sub lvl 60, and Blaziken is very effective against 4-5 of them and can thus one-shot with ease.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Whimsicott is the cutest Pokémon ever, and it's like the best Pokémon in VGC right now.
1200px-547Whimsicott.png

Worth investing into.
It's fluffy too.
I agree, I was looking through grass types because I needed one for my team and settled on Whimsicott. Managed to hatch a shiny yesterday, definitely worth it.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What Type do you think got the least amount of love in SwSh?

I feel there's no clear cut "loser" this time like how you could point to Gen VI and go "poor Ice".

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

I feel there's no clear cut "loser" this time like how you could point to Gen VI and go "poor Ice".
Ground has been getting shit on these last few gens and the decline keeps on going. But for Gen 8 I gotta say its water. Barraskewda is too reliant on non STAB moves, mono water for the starter is the dullest out of all monotype starters, and Cramorant is Pelliper with a dive gimmick and none of its OP troll status.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
So many of my problems would be solved with the GTS.

Not even in the game I'm talking about life in general.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
i swear to god i've had surprise trade on for like two days now and it hasn't triggered. did i set it on local or some shit. what is this. wonder trade and the GTS were amazing and we backflipped back to this? I cry

You have it set to online and you have a Pokemon deposited?

Do you mean in terms of number of new Pokemon or the quality of those Pokemon?

Ground only got Sandaconda, Runerigus, and Stunfisk.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
I caught Zamazenta in a Premier Ball. Only took about 5 at low health, I was surprised.

Also hatched a shiny Corsola last night, but it has its regular ability and not its HA. Hidden ability capsule please Game Freak :(

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ground has been getting shit on these last few gens and the decline keeps on going. But for Gen 8 I gotta say its water. Barraskewda is too reliant on non STAB moves, mono water for the starter is the dullest out of all monotype starters, and Cramorant is Pelliper with a dive gimmick and none of its OP troll status.

Really hard to say water when we have Dracovish tearing up online now. Fishious Rend is no joke.

Shout out to fighting this generation having every new fighting type pokemon being mono-type.(Except for Zamazenta with it's Held Item I guess). Like, I love you Falinks, but did you also have to be pure fighting? Grapploct is screaming to be Water/Fighting as well.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Had no problems with him. Intelleon sweeper and I used Grimmsnarl for dragapult. I wonder if Intellron is just super easy mode since it outspeeds nearly everything?
Same. Thought he was super easy. Giving him two dragons, and two ghosts was dumb. his starter compliments are either weak to grass or weak to fighting. starter is easy to deal with. Then you've got charizard which is a joke.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Really hard to say water when we have Dracovish tearing up online now. Fishious Rend is no joke.

Shout out to fighting this generation having every new fighting type pokemon being mono-type.(Except for Zamazenta with it's Held Item I guess). Like, I love you Falinks, but did you also have to be pure fighting? Grapploct is screaming to be Water/Fighting as well.
Ah yes, forgot everyone's favorite tail neck abomination is Water/Dragon. Water got saved by it I guess. Fighting definitely did get a short stick compared to previous gens, but it still has some pretty damn good monotypes, Grapploct aside. Gonna lament that thing till the end of time.

Speaking of the Fossils, I still get the feeling that if we ever get fully restored formes for them they will turn out to be as strong as previous legendary trios or the Tapus.

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Zacian wiped my team twice. Led with quickball. Then I did paralysis and in the red. Tried ultra balls, some random ones I had and timer balls on my last Pokemon. Nothing. Got frustrated and since my battery was dying I just used the master ball unfortunately.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
It's worth it to use the Master Ball to catch Zacian?
No, I'm saving mine for shiny raids.
Ah yes, forgot everyone's favorite tail neck abomination is Water/Dragon. Water got saved by it I guess. Fighting definitely did get a short stick compared to previous gens, but it still has some pretty damn good monotypes, Grapploct aside. Gonna lament that thing till the end of time.

Speaking of the Fossils, I still get the feeling that if we ever get fully restored formes for them they will turn out to be as strong as previous legendary trios or the Tapus.
Dracovish is already pretty good.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
I caught Zamazenta in a regular Poké Ball.
I'd say save your Master Ball for a surprise shiny raid encounter or something better.

I caught it in a nice Chrono Ball, which I was quite happy about.
Then the game crashed.

Then I had to redo the 20 minutes of story (and tons of dialog boxes) to get back to it because I hadn't saved in a while.

Then it took me 40 (!) Ultra Balls to get it (and it was paralyzed and under 5% health...).

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I really enjoyed Bede's arc. I hope the third game is a sequel rather than a simple third version so that we see the fruits of his labor.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
because why add more characters to it like Sun and Moon when you can just refight Leon over and over again every few battles

oh what's this, one of his pokemon is charizard and he's he's gigantamaxing it, what a surprise
It's so boring but it's annoying. Like it's not that it makes it difficult, it's that the charizard is enough of a threat that I either have a specific answer to it, which gets samey and easy, or I don't, and just forfeit as soon as I seem him

blegh

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bede was probably on the fairy team because they planned for the minor league but scrapped it. so they rewritten his ending

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I started the game yesterday, and as of right now I'm about to take route 3 towards the first Gym town or whatever.

Does this game take the reins off soon and stop playing like a movie? Every 5 seconds there's a "cut scene" involving Hop or whoever and this shit is getting really tiring. It doesn't help that he's insufferable as a character so far lol.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Okay so I started the game yesterday, and as of right now I'm about to take route 3 towards the first Gym town or whatever.

Does this game take the reins off soon and stop playing like a movie? Every 5 seconds there's a "cut scene" involving Hop or whoever and this shit is getting really tiring. It doesn't help that he's insufferable as a character so far lol.
Not really. You can always go dick around in the Wild Area if you're tired of being funneled through the story but you'll run out of stuff to do there pretty fast too. It'll be constantly pushing you towards the end, though some of the later routes at least let you traverse them completely before throwing you into the next story scene.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really. You can always go dick around in the Wild Area if you're tired of being funneled through the story but you'll run out of stuff to do there pretty fast too. It'll be constantly pushing you towards the end, though some of the later routes at least let you traverse them completely before throwing you into the next story scene.
Seriously? This doesn't slow down at all? I don't remember the older games encumbering you with this much "story" at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.