• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you part of the...

• Grookey Gang

Votes: 941 31.8%
  • Sobble Squad

Votes: 954 32.3%
  • Scorbunny Team

Votes: 1,063 35.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
But actually - the amount of cut scenes like this doesn't decrease once the game gets going?
I don't have any objective metrics on it, but to me never really felt like it let up until it was actually over. The tutorial stuff ended, but they were still throwing me into scripted scenes to talk about Leon or the heroes every few minutes.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't have any objective metrics on it, but to me never really felt like it let up until it was actually over. The tutorial stuff ended, but they were still throwing me into scripted scenes to talk about Leon or the heroes every few minutes.
They lessen, but they're still very present. You should expect one before and after every gym battle for the most part.
Appreciate the answers...guess I'll just have to power through lol.

God I wish all games had demos.

DassoBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Saskatchewan
I'm enjoying doing Max Raids enough but it is discouraging how hard it is to get actual gigantamax Pokemon. I've just convinced myself that gigantamax vs. dynamax isn't that big of a difference competitively but it would still be nice to have them for the collectible aspect.

I think I've fought 4 or 5 now and haven't caught one yet.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Wonder Trade is officially just breeding rejects being dumped online for other breeding rejects. 20 WT in a row and I got 17 breeding rejects lol.

ChristopherDX

Banned
May 8, 2018
I just got this!

Can anyone help me out? Ive been always starting with the three starters for as far as I can remember. How do you do this with the online or does anyone have an extra bunny and turtle?

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Wonder Trade is officially just breeding rejects being dumped online for other breeding rejects. 20 WT in a row and I got 17 breeding rejects lol.
Which is honestly better than getting someone's hacked garbage. At least it has an ounce of effort on the other person's part and it's good that you have a decent breeding pool to pull from when the time comes.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying doing Max Raids enough but it is discouraging how hard it is to get actual gigantamax Pokemon. I've just convinced myself that gigantamax vs. dynamax isn't that big of a difference competitively but it would still be nice to have them for the collectible aspect.

I think I've fought 4 or 5 now and haven't caught one yet.
Yep, catching gmax from other raids is hard. If it's your own raids, you should have better luck.
I just got this!

Can anyone help me out? Ive been always starting with the three starters for as far as I can remember. How do you do this with the online or does anyone have an extra bunny and turtle?
Sure, I can trade you them but I won't be free for another few hours.
Which is honestly better than getting someone's hacked garbage. At least it has an ounce of effort on the other person's part and it's good that you have a decent breeding pool to pull from when the time comes.
Yep, I've gotten lots of good breeding projects that to can use in the future.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Just caught a Bold Blipbug with 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs. Think that's the best random wild catch I've ever had. Granted it had the brilliant aura, but I'm not sure how many good IVs that guarantees.

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Had a semi dumb question I just quickly wanted to ask.

So I know it's important to get a high IV Ditto and all that, but I just wanted to ask and make sure it's not necessary, right? From what I understand in this game you can train IV's to max and change nature so if you took enough time you could just do that for your pokemon. You could also just train a low IV Ditto.

So if I found a shiny with really crappy nature, EV's and IV's, I could still potentially make it perfect, correct?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Had a semi dumb question I just quickly wanted to ask.

So I know it's important to get a high IV Ditto and all that, but I just wanted to ask and make sure it's not necessary, right? From what I understand in this game you can train IV's to max and change nature so if you took enough time you could just do that for your pokemon. You could also just train a low IV Ditto.

So if I found a shiny with really crappy nature, EV's and IV's, I could still potentially make it perfect, correct?
Yes. It would just take longer since you'd need to grind for BP for the item to change nature and level to 100 to hyper train IV's.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

I honestly don't think getting hacked Pokemon from Surprise Trade/Wonder Trade is common, like at all. I can't think of a time I've ever gotten one, and I've traded a lot.

v1perz53

Oct 25, 2017
Whelp it took me like 25 restarts but I finally beat the 5 star Gyarados raid, and somehow actually caught it. My highest pokemon was 54, can't really recommend doing that again. Does matchmaking for these things ever actually work? Also Moxie in a raid battle can fuck right off.

Mostly avoided wild area my first playthrough on shield, tried to do more this time in sword but its too obtuse. Was literally told "go train in the wild area before pokemon league!" but my 25 restarts to finish one raid battle tells me I shouldn't have been doing that one yet, but the game never TOLD me that, or gave me any indication what I should and shouldn't be doing. 5 stars doesn't really convey "you're too low for this" properly. At least the random pokemon 15 levels higher than me were clearly above my level, though I still always wondered if it was supposed to be a challenge for more XP or if I was meant to run.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You never know what you'll get from Wonder Trade. I gave my friend a 5 IV foreign Ditto yesterday so he Wonder Traded the 4 IV foreign Ditto he'd been using before.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Whimsicott is troll tier infuriating to fight against and gives me a shit eating grin every time I field one.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You should be doing Wonder Trades as often as you can.
Try and get IDs for the Loto, so you can get PP Ups/Maxs.

Last edited:

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I honestly don't think getting hacked Pokemon from Surprise Trade/Wonder Trade is common, like at all. I can't think of a time I've ever gotten one, and I've traded a lot.
At least once last gen I got someone's Level 100 Shiny Lugia. Like, please. You're not giving this away because you're a nice person or lol it means anything to you. Don't proxy cheat for me.
If it's good this time, I should be trading more often.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
At least once last gen I got someone's Level 100 Shiny Lugia. Like, please. You're not giving this away because you're a nice person or lol it means anything to you. Don't proxy cheat for me.
If it's good this time, I should be trading more often.

You're mad it happened once?

Okay, I guess just release it and move on? I don't get it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I wanna make an ice/hail team because I love Frosmoth. What are some good Pokémon for this? I know little about competitive.

TriggerShy

Mar 26, 2018
I wanna make an ice/hail team because I love Frosmoth. What are some good Pokémon for this? I know little about competitive.

From the top of my head, Abomasnow for Snow Warning (automatic Hail), Galarian Darmanitan because regular Darmaitan was already a monster, Mr. Rime as an Aurora Veil setter (Reflect and Light Screen in one move, but only works in Hail) and Froslass for a fast Ice Type not afraid of Fighting Types.

Besides that, you basically want anything that's fast, like Weavile, since while Ice is a strong offensive type, it's hard to make them very useful defensively. Still, if you really want something bulky in a Hail team, you could maybe work with an Avalugg with Ice Body (heals a little in Hail) and Recover or just use a Beartic/Froslass with Snow Cloak (raises evasion in Hail) holding a Bright Powder (also raises evasion), but you might feel like a jerk if you do that.

You'll also might want to give as many of them Freeze-Dry (super effective on Water which normally resists Ice) as necessary. And if a full team of Ice Types start to look less appealing, you might want something with the ability Overcoat (doesn't take damage from weather) like Mandibuzz, Reuniclus, or Kommo-o (Hidden Ability) which will keep them safe in Hail, otherwise, just get the Safety Goggles item for one to hold.

That's the best I got, but you might want advice from an actual competitive player on making an Ice type team.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
When Pokemon Home comes out, you can use Alolan Ninetales. It having both Snow Warning and Aurora Veil makes it pretty hard to beat for a support mon on a hail team IMO.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm near the end of the game now and this story is so bad. Like...XY bad. It's almost impressive how quickly the game manages to shit the bed.

The CG part was legit embarrassing, I was appalled.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The end game "dungeon" is weak but...this tune is jamming!

Also YES playing it non-stop is a cool idea. I'm not being facetious, I hate when you fight multiple grunts in other games, and Yell in this one, the music keeps jumping back and forth. This is actually a cool touch. I don't need a victory jingle when I'm immediately tossed into another fight.

Feb 20, 2019
I'm still mad that you can't order stuff in restaurants.

Like, imagine ordering a meal in the restaurant at the city with Nessa's gym. It could increase your pokémon's friendship but also give you the recipe of that specific meal so that you can make it later while camping.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Next QoL feature should absolutely be the possibility of sending more than 1 Pokémon at the time in the Wonder Trade.

Dumping 2 boxes of stuff in there takes ages.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Next QoL feature should absolutely be the possibility of sending more than 1 Pokémon at the time in the Wonder Trade.

Dumping 2 boxes of stuff in there takes ages.
Yeah they should really just cut the cut-scene bullshit out and make it a box like menu where you just bulk send and receive. I would do it more but it takes to long so I don't even bother.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Lowkey my favourite JRPG trope is when you have marathon battles with the same song playing without stopping. I think Final Fantasy VII did it too.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot of people talking about hatching shinies in under 100 eggs. Meanwhile I'm several hundred eggs in and still no shiny Honedge in sight.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Y
It doesn't fit the scene but it's a legit good song.

Honestly I feel the music in this game is BW/BW2 good...very unique from the usual fare.
Definitely the best soundtrack since Gen 5, even if Gen 7 had some legit bangers with both VS Champion songs, VS Ultra Necrozma, and half of the overworld music. The only thing dragging down the soundtrack is the howling and some of the crowd chanting, but it rockets up the rankings for me with all three rival tracks, VS Piers, and the wild battle music. Best one since Sinnoh.

Status
Not open for further replies.