• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Really impressed by what they showed today.

Really happy that they are adding a new co-op mode too. Hunting down Legendaries with friends on the underground of the second added region sounds dope.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I've always been one to just buy every single new gen of a Pokemon game but never got any of the Third version's with added stuff. Now that this is a straight up expansion I'm all in and pretty hyped for it! Just as I was winding down with the current game I'm all aboard again.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't think I'd be breeding Slowpokes today.

The glimpse of the new rival was really cool. The game already feels like it has more features, which is great.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I'm wildly excited, crown of tundra especially looks like stuff i was hoping for out of sword/shield. Hopefully there's more content in the expansions beyond what was shown in the direct, but overall im satisfied.

gonna start shiny hunting galarian yamask finally

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Comp meta isnt gonna get a chance to get stale this year with the expansions shaking it up. I appreciate that.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I wonder if this means the series will be moving to an every other year schedule. Release the games one year, and two expansions for the games the next.

Anyway, caught my Slowpoke buddy, will breed it a few times and be ready to roll come June.

Deleted member 19742

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
wait, slowpoke is in already? is it in the wild area?

I think when you buy the Expansion Pass, you get an event one somewhere (Wedgehurst?). You can then breed it. Which raises a good question: will Surprise Trade let you trade the new Pokemon? They're all being added in free updates outside the DLC, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they aren't allowed on there. It'll be really cool if they are, though.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I think when you buy the Expansion Pass, you get an event one somewhere (Wedgehurst?). You can then breed it. Which raises a good question: will Surprise Trade let you trade the new Pokemon? They're all being added in free updates outside the DLC, but I wouldn't be that surprised if they aren't allowed on there. It'll be really cool if they are, though.
They mentioned you would be able to trade them with your friends who don't have the expansion pass, so I don't see why Surprise Trade would be excluded.

OP
OP
Xavi

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
wait, slowpoke is in already? is it in the wild area?
You don't need to buy the expansion pass to get Slowpoke, just update the game and go to Wedgehurst train station.

youwei

Jun 3, 2019
in the past it was $60 ( Version X , Version Y) + $60 ( Version Z ) = $120

now its $60 + $30 + $10 (prediction of monthly fee of Home ) = $100

not forgetting a Sinnoh remake of $60

i hope by then , the national dex is really completed

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

If you're going to count Home for these games you might as well count Bank and the other storage options for the old ones lol.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019

Actually $80 in the past since DS/3DS games were $40 but that's the price of the jump to HD

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone think they would bug/exploit fix with the DLC patches?

Improve aspects of the base game quietly?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is this version of Pokemon a good place to start if you've never played any Pokemon? Which version should I buy or it doesn't matter?
it's a good place to start (every game treats it as your first pokemon game). as for version, just pick whichever exclusive mons/trainers look cool. there's no practical difference otherwise

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Is this version of Pokemon a good place to start if you've never played any Pokemon? Which version should I buy or it doesn't matter?
I would have said no but with the new announcements, I would say if you buy the expansion pack so you have a wider pool of pokemon to catch this is a good place to start.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Well the direct kinda convinced me and I ordered Pokemon Sword, it's been... so long since the last time I played a Pokemon game !

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
If the Isle of Armour ain't the Isle of Man I'm gonna be sad
It says it is here but it wasn't in the direct idk

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
did the patch that released today have any fixes to the frame rate in the wild area or any other improvements to the game?

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Oh no. Just checked what legionaries will come back and Tapu's and Genies are there. At least most of 2019 will be free of them since that's DLC 2.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why is participating in raids so frustrating? The Y-comm doesn't update nearly frequently enough to jump into other people's raids, and whenever I try starting a lobby, no one ever joins.

Any tips? Is this as broken as I think it is?

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
should have motorcycle trainers
Closest we got
owjjyy8.png

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why is participating in raids so frustrating? The Y-comm doesn't update nearly frequently enough to jump into other people's raids, and whenever I try starting a lobby, no one ever joins.

Try to have a Surprise Trade running in the background. Updates much faster. I've also seen that flying to other parts of the Wild Area usually forces a stamp update. Then just focus on joining raids close to the top of the list.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017

For stamps to update very frequently, a well known tip is to start looking for a Trade using a password. It will refresh the stamps very frequently and you shouldn't have an issue after that.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Has anyone noticed Gigantamax Pokemon are easier to catch since the update? I've caught about 6-7 of them today and not a single one escaped, whereas my prior experience with them is that they nearly ALWAYS escape, especially if I am not the host (and I was not for most of those captures tonight). I feel like that can't be coincidence.

Edit: WELP I just missed catching a random shiny Copperajah so lol jinxed myself

Last edited:

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Is this game worth grabbing for the single player experience (and non-competitive stuff)? I never enjoyed battling friends and online because I never had the time to invest in "perfect teams".

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is this game worth grabbing for the single player experience (and non-competitive stuff)? I never enjoyed battling friends and online because I never had the time to invest in "perfect teams".
I'd say so, I just finished the main single player content after 40 hours and had a lot of fun, but I also see how valid the most common criticisms are (bland story, super linear world design, lack of difficulty (I ended up rotating between 3 parties to keep difficulty in check) etc). I'll probably do some raids and breeding now, but I feel pretty satisfied about the single player content. Personally I hope the DLCs have some robust single player stuff.