• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Thanks for replying!

I currently have Male Perserrker with Steely Spirit HA.

I want a Perserker to learn Curse WITH the Steely Spirit HA.

... So I need to breed this male Perserker with another Pokemon that already knows Curse, then that egg will come with Curse?

Sorry I'm new at this, thanks for breaking it down for me!

You'll first want to breed the Perrserker with a Ditto until you get a female one with Steely Spirit - because it's a HA, male Pokemon can only pass it on with Ditto, but you can't get Curse if breeding with Ditto.

Then get a male Pokemon that Meowth can breed with that knows Curse (Torkoal seems to be the easiest at level 44). It can't just be any Pokemon with Curse, it has to be Pokemon in the same egg group as Meowth - which is Field egg group.

So step by step explanation:

1. Breed a female Steely Spirit Meowth (using the Perrserker and Ditto)
2. Get a male Torkoal with Curse
3. Put the male Torkoal with Curse in the daycare with the female Steely Spirit Meowth
4. All eggs they generate together will now hatch with Curse as a move, so keep hatching until you get one with Steely Spirit

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
You'll first want to breed the Perrserker with a Ditto until you get a female one with Steely Spirit - because it's a HA, male Pokemon can only pass it on with Ditto, but you can't get Curse if breeding with Ditto.

Then get a male Pokemon that Meowth can breed with that knows Curse (Torkoal seems to be the easiest at level 44). It can't just be any Pokemon with Curse, it has to be Pokemon in the same egg group as Meowth - which is Field egg group.

So step by step explanation:

1. Breed a female Steely Spirit Meowth (using the Perrserker and Ditto)
2. Get a male Torkoal with Curse
3. Put the male Torkoal with Curse in the daycare with the female Steely Spirit Meowth
4. All eggs they generate together will now hatch with Curse as a move, so keep hatching until you get one with Steely Spirit

As an alternative, that might be quicker and easier, depending on what breeding material you have available:

Don't worry about breeding HA and the egg move onto the same pokemon for now. Instead breed a HA Perrserker or take the male HA one you already have if you're happy with it. Put it aside for now until the third paragraph.

Then put a female Perrserker in the daycare with a compatible pokemon that knows Curse. Torkoal learns Curse at level 44. If you already have a Torkoal above level 44 that doesn't know the move, you can make it remember it via the NPC on the left side in every Pokemon Center. Female Perrserker and male Torkoal will produce a Perrserker egg with the egg move Curse.

Once that egg is hatched you can use the cursed baby Perrserker to teach Curse to any other Perrserker. For example take your male HA Perrserker, delete one move from its move list at the aforementioned Pokemon Center NPC, and put it in daycare with the Curse baby. The male HA will learn Curse and you'll have spared yourself a bit of complicated chain breeding.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
As an alternative, that might be quicker and easier, depending on what breeding material you have available:

Don't worry about breeding HA and the egg move onto the same pokemon for now. Instead breed a HA Perrserker or take the male HA one you already have if you're happy with it. Put it aside for now until the third paragraph.

Then put a female Perrserker in the daycare with a compatible pokemon that knows Curse. Torkoal learns Curse at level 44. If you already have a Torkoal above level 44 that doesn't know the move, you can make it remember it via the NPC on the left side in every Pokemon Center. Female Perrserker and male Torkoal will produce a Perrserker egg with the egg move Curse.

Once that egg is hatched you can use the cursed baby Perrserker to teach Curse to any other Perrserker. For example take your male HA Perrserker, delete one move from its move list at the aforementioned Pokemon Center NPC, and put it in daycare with the Curse baby. The male HA will learn Curse and you'll have spared yourself a bit of complicated chain breeding.

Thanks so much. This shit is insane. I had no idea Pokemon was this involved in so many ways! And from what I understand this is easier than has been in previous games!

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Thanks so much. This shit is insane. I had no idea Pokemon was this involved in so many ways! And from what I understand this is easier than has been in previous games!

In previous generations you would have had to do it Bardoon's way, and they already laid it out nice and tidy and took care of a good deal of the research for you. It's not THAT complicated once you get the hang of it, but there's the initial bewilderment as you discover systems the game has given you little reason to suspect are there let alone go as deep as they do.

Oct 25, 2017
Has the game(s) been out long enough for some infographics* or guides to the nitty-gritty stuff? I loved the ones for Sun/Moon and X/Y because I used them as cheat sheets for earlier titles :D

*Wholesome and nice ones that aren't full of swears and edge.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Just sold my physical copy of sword so I could go digital...may save will work with the digital copy if I started it on a physical copy right?

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
I will be hosting Gmax Tox in the ERA discord once released. It will be a shiny one at least. I will try to get a square shiny.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Been in a major dry spell as far as getting a shiny is concerned. I've fought at least 1500 Blipbugs now and still have only encountered the one I apparently killed in the 300-350 range. It's weird to me that the counter doesn't roll past 999.. I guess they don't want to make you even more angry by showing just how high it is. Driving me a bit bonkers, so I switched over to trying to hatch a Ponyta and 400 eggs in and no luck so far. Mehhh.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Oh it'll be the Amped version since I play on Sword.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Ya he looks really cool, I like how they're gonna keep updating things, even little bits and pieces. Gives me reasons to pop the cart back in and play some more while waiting for the major expansions.

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
I've been holding off on training a Toxtricity waiting for this, it's nice to see it is finally (almost) here!

MegaRockEXE

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Breeding for IVs, egg moves and abilities is outdated. Capturing wild pokemon with marks and changing their nature, ability and IVs later is the new meta. Just requires lots of BP (or berries in case of re-doing EVs), that's the catch, but anything except Hidden Abilities can be fixed at a cost.

I will say, if you want to have fun with a non-optimal team, stick to doubles. In my experience the singles ladder is more punishing and restrictive even at the lower ranks.
Woah, wait. Marks? How am I just now figuring out these are a thing? I don't need another reason to catch more Pokemon lol. Turns out I have a dozen or so of these marks. But is it all just for text vanity on send out?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the DLC will add more G-Max pokemon as events. It's a good way to keep up engagement.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
We are currently hosting both shiny shield promoted den and square shiny sword den in the ERA discord. So both low key and amped versions of gmax toxicity. Come join in on the fun!

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
I'm hoping the DLC will get me back into the game because I'm more excited for Rescue Team DX at the moment.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
People need to stop bringing their Charizards to Toxtricity raids. I've had four so far. I don't care that you want to show off your shiny Charizard, you're just being a liability.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were going to stretch out the unreleased Gigantamax Pokemon for a longer period of time. All they have left is Melmetal, but I guess they could just increase spawns of some other ones for "events."

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought they were going to stretch out the unreleased Gigantamax Pokemon for a longer period of time. All they have left is Melmetal, but I guess they could just increase spawns of some other ones for "events."
once an event ends you'll have to wait for the event to come back around. so that's probably how they'll stretch it out. and the DLC will probably have more GMax mons than just Venusaur and Blastoise

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
So it's been a couple days since I was in the first wild area. Beat a couple of the raids and kept going with the story. Saw the new Raid boss available and went back but none are lit up? How do I get them to light so I can try and catch the new boss?

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
They will probably start doing hidden abilities, certain unavailable Pokemon and legendaries/mythicals in addition to whatever they add in the expansions.

So it's been a couple days since I was in the first wild area. Beat a couple of the raids and kept going with the story. Saw the new Raid boss available and went back but none are lit up? How do I get them to light so I can try and catch the new boss?
To get new raids you either have to wait until midnight, use a wishing piece, or complete every raid available(you might have missed one if you don't see any lit).

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Once this new one ends we'll have just a couple months until the new expansion which I guess will have more G-max.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
once an event ends you'll have to wait for the event to come back around. so that's probably how they'll stretch it out. and the DLC will probably have more GMax mons than just Venusaur and Blastoise

Sure, but I mean from the end of this event to the DLC is three, potentially almost four months.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
That they will be doing as the year progresses, they've confirmed that :)

Plus other events will happen not focusing on Gigantamax such as the Delibird and Magikarp. We will have one such event towards the end of this month

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
These events are really good at driving up engagement I feel.

Spent some hours to do some raids for the first time since a few weeks.

Vundu

Dec 9, 2017
Loving the special raid events. My daughter really enjoys going round the raid dens looking for ones to do together.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they'll run Gmax Pikachu and Eevee down the line since I never got Let's Go

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Having trouble finding gmax toxtricity, does it show up in the same event pools as milcery/flapple/lapras ect.? Like should I just keep resetting those when I get a den or are we better off checking the whole overworld

Edit - nvm I just updated my wild area slightly too early the other day haha

Last edited:

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder if they'll do another boosted shiny rate raid event. Aping the Community Days from Go in that respect which have been a huge success.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
My trainer card says I've found 7 shiny Pokemon, but that's not accurate. Does it count evolutions? I guess that would be the missing two, but I didn't think it did.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we yet know if Home wipes your Pokemon if you have more than 30 after letting your subscription lapse?
serebii.net said:
The Japanese Pokémon HOME FAQ has updated with some further clarifications about Pokémon HOME.
First, you don't need a Nintendo Account to run the mobile version of the app. You can connect it to your account at any time. Without a Nintendo Account connected, you won't be able to share data with the Nintendo Switch version, transfer from Pokémon Bank using the Nintendo Network ID method (Premium Subscriptions only), checking Nintendo Switch Battle Data or transferring the Pokémon HOME data to another phone.
Some further clarifications were given as to what happens when your subscription lapses. The game itself has a Free Box, this box allows for you to transfer from Let's Go, Sword & Shield or receive Mystery Gifts without the Premium Plan, and then it has more boxes for the Premium Plan users. If your plan lapses and you have space in the Free Box, you will not be able to move Pokémon from Premium Boxes until you have renewed your Premium Subscription.

So it doesn't look like it. The 3DS app stated that it may delete Pokémon after an unspecified period of time after your subscription lapsed but I never heard a single report of that actually happening. It didn't happen to me that time I forgot to renew for four months either.