• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
what spreads did you give to Conkeldurr and Steelix? I've been thinking of raising those two

Adamant max HP and Atk +4 sp def for Conkeldurr. With an assault vest it becomes incredibly sturdy, especially while dynamaxed, and also hits like a truck.

Steelix is Impish (+def - spa) with max health, 204 def and the rest on attack to ensure some ko's with Iron head.

Yeah, I basically only wanted a dragon-type move on my Dracovish in the rare case it dynamaxes. I booted Ice Fang for it because of the overlap in coverage between the two moves. But I see you're running both. Why not drop one of them for the sake of Psychic Fangs or Leech Life (or Rock Slide if Steelix opts for Fire Fang instead)?

My first instinct was also to look for a way to squeeze in Rain Dance on Sableye as Dracovish, especially scarfed, really appreciates the damage boost, but I noticed Sableye's move pool isn't lacking for overall more useful choices.

I just discovered that Psychic Fangs destroys barriers, so yeah, I need to fit that now. Leech Life I'm not too sure about it since it doesn't cover any weaknesses that ice fang/crunch dont hit and the healing part isnt that important since it will die in 2 turns anyway.

And yeah, Sableye has so many possible sets it's impossible to be completely satisifed with any. Someday I'll toy with an Ally Switch-Torment set. Mine is made to deal with Dragapult exclusively since it can trick the lagging tail and then kill it with Foul Play. It's also ideal to stop Max Airstream setups.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
I just discovered that Psychic Fangs destroys barriers, so yeah, I need to fit that now. Leech Life I'm not too sure about it since it doesn't cover any weaknesses that ice fang/crunch dont hit and the healing part isnt that important since it will die in 2 turns anyway.

And yeah, Sableye has so many possible sets it's impossible to be completely satisifed with any. Someday I'll toy with an Ally Switch-Torment set. Mine is made to deal with Dragapult exclusively since it can trick the lagging tail and then kill it with Foul Play. It's also ideal to stop Max Airstream setups.

You're right, according to my notes the only vaguely relevant pokemon Leech Life hits hard that Ice Fang, Crunch or Fishious Rend don't deal with already is Ludicolo. Max Flutterby is nice to have for neutering special attackers and has won me games, but again that tool doesn't come into play often and is an easy thing to get rid off first.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
So i started a file on Pokemon Sword today, did my first surprise trade...got a Litten...how?

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
So about EV/IV training. I know I can change a pokemon's IV and Nature with the supertraining and the mints once it hits level 100.
So if I catch a pokemon that doesn't have the right IVs and the right nature, to turn into a usable one I should go like this:

EV train > Get to Level 100 > Supertrain and mint

And it should get the best stats, right?

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
So I was wondering why my stufful was doing this weird thing when it appears. Turns out I accidentally caught a super square shiny.

Last edited:

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
So about EV/IV training. I know I can change a pokemon's IV and Nature with the supertraining and the mints once it hits level 100.
So if I catch a pokemon that doesn't have the right IVs and the right nature, to turn into a usable one I should go like this:

EV train > Get to Level 100 > Supertrain and mint

And it should get the best stats, right?

All correct!

The only thing you can't change later is Ability and learning Egg Moves. So be sure you have those two things "righ6" before you commit to EVs and Lv 100.

In my experience it's pretty costly. You have to get about 30 XL candies from Lv 60 to take it to 100, then bottle caps to finish the IVs. EVs are easy by using the max rais den/date change exploit to raise Watts , then convert that to money, then into EV protein items.
Oh and then 50 BP for the mint. That's time consuming as well to win BP

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
The only thing you can't change later is Ability and learning Egg Moves. So be sure you have those two things "righ6" before you commit to EVs and Lv 100.

Ability Capsules will let you change ability, but not TO a Hidden Ability.
Pokemon can learn Egg Moves later on through the Daycare, but only from another Pokemon of the exact same species and (iirc) only if they could potentially produce an egg together.

So, Pikachu to Pikachu is fine, Pikachu to Raichu doesn't work (different species), Pichu to Pichu doesn't work (Pichu can't breed).

Tiamant

Oct 28, 2017
Uhhh so I just had Encore miss on a double battle and I don't know why. I used it against Eternatus after using dynamax cannon. I am 100% there was no bright powder in play (frisk) nor accuracy modifiers. What happened here?

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
All correct!

In my experience it's pretty costly. You have to get about 30 XL candies from Lv 60 to take it to 100, then bottle caps to finish the IVs. EVs are easy by using the max rais den/date change exploit to raise Watts , then convert that to money, then into EV protein items.
Oh and then 50 BP for the mint. That's time consuming as well to win BP

Thanks! :)
You can use the raid exploit to get to lvl 100 and max EV with the PokeJobs right away too, no need to farm watts and XP candies. Lol I forgot mints were 50BP a pop.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! :)
You can use the raid exploit to get to lvl 100 and max EV with the PokeJobs right away too, no need to farm watts and XP candies. Lol I forgot mints were 50BP a pop.
Are you saying to use PokeJobs again and again with the Date Change/Raid exploit to get to Lv100? I thought you only earned the amount of EXP from 1 XL candy when you leave them at the daycare for max stars? That seems like it would take a LOT of taking them to Pokejob, going to a Raid den, change the date, pull them out of the PokeJob, and then assign them to a new one, repeat.

Do PokeJobs give you better EXP than I think? It seems like you would have to do that process like more than 10 times on a single Pokemon to get them to Lv 100 from Lv 60? Am I wrong about that?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone elaborate why hidden abilities are important? Tell me an example?
They're not always important, they're just an additional ability that Pokemon have that can only be accessed through special means. This ability isn't necessarily better (or worse) than their commonly available abilities.

Here's one example: Barraskewa normally has Swift Swim, which doubles its speed in the Rain. If you catch one in certain Max Raid Battles it may instead have the ability Propeller Tail. Propeller Tail allows Barraskewda to ignore redirection from moves like Follow Me. This is quite powerful in Double Battles, but useless in Single Battles. Even in Double Battles it isn't necessarily strictly better than Swift Swim.

In Sword and Shield Pokemon with Hidden Abilities can primarily be acquired through Max Raid Battles, in previous generations there were other gimmicks and ways to obtain them.

GuEiMiRrIRoW

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
They're not always important, they're just an additional ability that Pokemon have that can only be accessed through special means. This ability isn't necessarily better (or worse) than their commonly available abilities.

Here's one example: Barraskewa normally has Swift Swim, which doubles its speed in the Rain. If you catch one in certain Max Raid Battles it may instead have the ability Propeller Tail. Propeller Tail allows Barraskewda to ignore redirection from moves like Follow Me. This is quite powerful in Double Battles, but useless in Single Battles. Even in Double Battles it isn't necessarily strictly better than Swift Swim.

In Sword and Shield Pokemon with Hidden Abilities can primarily be acquired through Max Raid Battles, in previous generations there were other gimmicks and ways to obtain them.

Thank You!

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Does anyone know if it's possible to evolve an Alolan Raichu in SwSh?

And, if yes, is it legal in VGC?

Oct 25, 2017
Can I please get some clarification on 'the 35' Pokemon that are now able to come in as a result of Home?

I don't know what number exactly and I know the DLC is still a ways off. I just wasn't sure how the ecosystem will be affected now as opposed

I don't have the game but I am trying to understand how soon it allows connectivity to Home. Is it something akin to previous gens where you must at least became champion first?

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
I apologize if this is a silly question but I own the NA physical version of Shield, would the EU eshop Shield expansion pass work with my NA physical copy of pokemon shield?

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I please get some clarification on 'the 35' Pokemon that are now able to come in as a result of Home?

I don't know what number exactly and I know the DLC is still a ways off. I just wasn't sure how the ecosystem will be affected now as opposed

I don't have the game but I am trying to understand how soon it allows connectivity to Home. Is it something akin to previous gens where you must at least became champion first?
You don't need to be champion, they can be transferred in at any time.

This is a list of Pokemon that are supported this way: serebii.net/swordshield/transferonly.shtml

LightBang

Mar 16, 2018
What's does the basic plan offer you? In the website it says I can't move Pokemon from the Bank. So can I can deposit Pokemon from my Sword but can't take it you without paying? That sounds really dumb.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
What's does the basic plan offer you? In the website it says I can't move Pokemon from the Bank. So can I can deposit Pokemon from my Sword but can't take it you without paying? That sounds really dumb.
No you can deposit and withdraw from SWSH and Let's Go at will on the free plan (only storing 30 at a time though)

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Was
Bank is the 3DS app. You can deposit and take out 30 Pokémon from Sword/Shield or Let's Go at a time using the free plan

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I searched more than 70 minutes for a wild Dreepy.

Wild Dreepy appears!

I get a critical hit on it. Dreepy faints.

My spirit is now broken.