• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Lmao no, what you're seeing is legit raids being shared through RNG abuse. I think someone mentioned it in the past two pages. Basically, they exploit the daily raid changes and keep checking a den with a wishing star, until they get their desired shiny. Then, they share the raid with friends or other communities through discord, Reddit, or twitch.

I'm currently following a few discord communities to be able to get certain GMax Shinies I want. So far I've gotten Charizard and Hatterene, but that damn Gengar keeps eluding me. I've tried so many times but it won't stay in the damn ball. 😤

This is amazing. Probably the easiest way to get legit shinies ever. I'm never going to stop playing this damn game.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Juniors was fun to watch. Simone with that big brained play in the last match was great

KsG

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Finally found and caught Frosmoth with it's hidden ability. Also had 5 perfect IVs as well.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Such garbage.

2 back to back Shiny Gmax Sandacondas. Failed both times.

5 mins later, Shiny Gmax Gengar. Failed that as well.

Almost tempted to farm Masterballs from Lotto ID.

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
I mean depending on the ball the catch rate is below 5% (except for current event GMax) so not suprising you have a hard time catching.

That explains why I failed both shiny Gmax Charizards I tried to catch today without so much as a tick. Wish they'd give you an option to pursuit a raid Pokemon after failing to catch it to engage it in a regular battle.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So before I waste any of my time... if I breed a female Darumaka (regular, holds the Everstone) with a male Darumaka (Galar, has Zen Mode), will I be able to breed a Zen mode regular Darumaka eventually? Can the hidden ability be passed by either of the parents or does it have to be female? And a backup plan question: will giving the Everstone to a male regular and bredding it with Galarian female result in a regular?

ROMASS

One Winged Slayer
Oct 15, 2018
So before I waste any of my time... if I breed a female Darumaka (regular, holds the Everstone) with a male Darumaka (Galar, has Zen Mode), will I be able to breed a Zen mode regular Darumaka eventually? Can the hidden ability be passed by either of the parents or does it have to be female? And a backup plan question: will giving the Everstone to a male regular and bredding it with Galarian female result in a regular?
To the last question: yes, unless the Galarian female has an everstone too.
Males can pass HA only when bred with ditto.
So you can do Ditto+male HA Gdarumaka until you get a female HA one.
Then you can do female HA Gdarumaka + male regular darumaka with everstone to get a HA regular one

Last edited:

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
To the last question: yes, unless the Galarian female has an everstone too.
Males can pass HA only when bred with ditto.
So you can do Ditto+male HA Gdarumaka until you get a female HA one.
Then you can do female HA Gdarumaka + male regular darumaka with everstone to get a HA regular one
Thanks for the info! Thats a relief.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I finally got a chance to dig into this game and I'm enjoying it a lot. I remember a lot of hate in the prelaunch period due to Dexit and the lack of graphical fidelity.

Dexit was whatever for me. And it seems to be solved with Home somewhat.

And GF was never a graphical powerhouse.

But I've played every mainline game and this one is one of the most refreshing in a bit. The Wild Area is great and Dynamax is a fun addition.

It's not a perfect game, tho. The online was the most perfect with Gen VI and PSS. It felt like an MMO, in a good way.

But I'm excited to finish up and complete the Dex.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Don't think so, 60/40 is as good as it gets
Ok. Guess that's that for my shiny HA Litten. Not gonna gamble and end up with a non-HA one. Got a perfect one rather fast so I'll just use that.

Any recommodations for the next shiny to breed? It needs to be:
- a cool shiny that differs from its normal color
- not needing HA
- useful for battles
- useful for raids
- no Gigadynamax form available right now

Any ideas?

EMT0

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. Guess that's that for my shiny HA Litten. Not gonna gamble and end up with a non-HA one. Got a perfect one rather fast so I'll just use that.

- not needing HA
- useful for battles
- useful for raids

Any ideas?

I think Excadrill fits the bill. Absolutely dumpsters Toxtricity raids among other things due to its immunities and defenses, plus has a cool shiny.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

- not needing HA
- useful for battles
- useful for raids

Any ideas?

Excadrill
Cloyster
Obstagoon
Bisharp
Aegislash

Would also recommend (but has very similar shiny colours to base):

Clefable
Togekiss

Last edited:

goodretina

Dec 30, 2018
I played through Ultra Moon in the past week after starting it up just before Sword came out and I'm now doing post game stuff. The game was better than Sword overall (and better than I remember Sun being at launch, with some different plot points), but the Pokémon league and champion battle in Sword are definitely some of the best in the series.

I really enjoyed my team (Incineroar, A-Raichu, Zoroark, Mudsdale, Primarina, and Mimikyu - but Mareanie/Toxipex was in there earlier in the game as well). Maybe my favorite in the whole series. I always try to use Pokémon that I haven't used before.

Also saw and caught my second ever shiny, an Altaria.

looking forward to bringing some of these over to future games through Bank/Home

ZSaberLink

Oct 26, 2017
Anything I can do with Pokémon home without paying? Also I keep hearing about Dynamax raids? Do they just vary the Pokémon available in a raid or something?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anything I can do with Pokémon home without paying? Also I keep hearing about Dynamax raids? Do they just vary the Pokémon available in a raid or something?

Dynamax raids are just multiplayer fights. You see them everywhere in the wild area and they range from the super weak to the super rare mons.

Gigantamax are special Dynamax forms in which GameFreak gives boosted chances of encountering specific ones over a time period.

Usually to find a Gigantamax Pokemon is like a 1% chance in a raid den or so.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I know I'm late to this but why was dexit an issue? I just started Ultra Sun and it doesn't include all 800+ Pokémon afaik...correct?

Anyways I'm enjoying Ultra Sun and man I really missed the 3DS.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm late to this but why was dexit an issue? I just started Ultra Sun and it doesn't include all 800+ Pokémon afaik...correct?

Anyways I'm enjoying Ultra Sun and man I really missed the 3DS.
Ultra Sun still allows you to import every Pokemon into it, Sword and Shield don't. That is the major distinction.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I meant more to complete the dex in Pokémon Bank.
Not with Pokemon HOME, technically you could trade for everything, but that is a tall ask. The same thing applies to Ultra Sun and Moon, you can trade for everything, but you won't be able to catch everything on your own without at least one more game.

Plus the mythicals which are only given out in time limited events and can't be traded online.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Omg look at the little guy I accidentally ran into while hatching eggs.
ERlwdzgXsAAFFyW

So happy cause i actually wanted this as a shiny

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I've also got a shiny Obstagoon.

I'm still a bit unsure of the red colouring, but he's such a good competetive mon, I can let it slide.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!! I JUST HATCHED A SHINEY SOLOSIS!!! i COULDNT EVEN TELL!!
ERl6oK9WkAAURsZ

I saw it hatch and i was like "that looks slighty off color...?" and when i went to check, saw the shiny symbol!!! im speechless been playing for over 200 hours and in 2 hours i obtain 2 shinnies!!

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Knowing this earlier would've saved my weekend...

So the best bet to a new player is just to wait for them all to (re)appear as boosted events month-by-month?
Well people should have plenty of extras as well, so you should be able to trade for them to catch up.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
I have read the last few pages and there is something I don't understand. I don't have a switch yet. People talk about a gmax c Charizard for example. Does that mean not every Charizard can use their gmax form? Why?

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I have read the last few pages and there is something I don't understand. I don't have a switch yet. People talk about a gmax c Charizard for example. Does that mean not every Charizard can use their gmax form? Why?
Yep, has to be a "special" one from the raid dens (though the one you get post-game can also gmax), dunno why they decided to do this since you can actually level up your Dynamax level and YOU WOULD THINK maxing it out would give you a Gigantamax but nah. Its infuriating, like I dont want to catch another Centiskorch, I want MY Centiskorch that I raised and have been on an adventure all this time to go gmax, but it is what it is. Every pokemon can Dynamax at least.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Yep, has to be a "special" one from the raid dens (though the one you get post-game can also gmax), dunno why they decided to do this since you can actually level up your Dynamax level and YOU WOULD THINK maxing it out would give you a Gigantamax but nah. Its infuriating, like I dont want to catch another Centiskorch, I want MY Centiskorch that I raised and have been on an adventure all this time to go gmax, but it is what it is. Every pokemon can Dynamax at least.
Thats super lame. Are the raid den Pokemon guaranteed to have perfect stats atleast? Why would I use a raid den Charizard over my shiny one with perfect stats? Is gmax that good?

hat_hair

Oct 26, 2017
Thats super lame. Are the raid den Pokemon guaranteed to have perfect stats atleast? Why would I use a raid den Charizard over my shiny one with perfect stats? Is gmax that good?

Raid den Pokemon have some guaranteed perfect stats, but not all. Gigantamax forms have access to a unique move, which replaces the standard Dynamax move for a specific type.

Anabolex

Mar 23, 2018
Raid den Pokemon have some guaranteed perfect stats, but not all. Gigantamax forms have access to a unique move, which replaces the standard Dynamax move for a specific type.
Thanks, for the clarification. Would be cool if they put mega evolutions back into the games and make you decide wheter you want to use dmax or a mega evolution in a battle. I am a little bummed out that my shinies or bred Pokemon are worse now.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Hey, question, if I am trying for a shiny pokemon by catching the same one in a row and getting "combos" set up, does catching a raid boss break my streak?

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia

It's not all doom and gloom.

Luckily 5* raid dens always contain a Pokemon that has auto maxed 5 IV's and has a chance to have their HA.

Even if the nature or IV's are the incorrect spread, it's so easy to change using Hyper Training or a Mint anyway and Hyper Trained Pokemon carry on from Sun/Moon, so now you don't have to breed perfect Pokemon anymore.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just different options. Gmax Charizard's move deals damage over time like a souped up fire spin. Regular Charizard's max move sets up sun. They have different utility.