• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching the stream on my tv, which doesn't have twitch, where the audio is working

www.twitch.tv

Pokemon - Twitch

Championship Sunday | 2024 Pokémon Europe International Championships

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Looking for an expert opinion: when breeding for a shiny, should I just reload my save after a while of nothing, or release everything and save? Like I know there's no actual mechanic that increases the chances the more you breed, but there's that weird placebo of "maybe I'l get better odds" if I go through more failures versus reloading and starting from scratch at random, is there any credence to that or is it all in my head?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking for an expert opinion: when breeding for a shiny, should I just reload my save after a while of nothing, or release everything and save? Like I know there's no actual mechanic that increases the chances the more you breed, but there's that weird placebo of "maybe I'l get better odds" if I go through more failures versus reloading and starting from scratch at random, is there any credence to that or is it all in my head?
It's all in your head.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Online tournament day 2: Finally fought a Duraludon. Only took 27 games, althought a couple showed up in team preview earlier. Got back up to a semi-respectable win percentage.

Conclusions drawn so far: I want a pokemon with swift swim and rock STAB like Drednaw that doesn't suck like Drednaw. It would be a very good pokemon.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, they messed up the programming for the International Challenge.
It's supposed to be 15 a day, with 45 max.
www.pokemon.com

Battle Now in the 2020 International Challenge February Online Competition

The clash for Championship Points has commenced.

But in game, it clearly says 45 a day (no max amount listed).
I wasn't supposed to be able to do my 45 in one say, but the game never prevented me from doing so, and since I thought that we would get 135 games total, I continued to play.
If I'd known it was 45 max, there was no way I would've played after my rating was so high. But since, the game led me to believe we would have another 90 games, I had to keep playing or else my rank would've gone down significantly. But I played the last 3 games, lost, and have no way to get myself back up.

I went from being number 1 to falling out of top 32.
Ugh.

How do they screw up an event so badly when CP was on the line.

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Yeah, I figured the description in game was probably meant to be 45 matches over three days. Only I blamed it on a mess-up in translation. Didn't know they got it wrong in all languages, which means someone likely forgot to flip the switch for the daily limit.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
The strategy guide says you can view species strengths in the pokedex, but I don't see that info anywhere. Is that only something that unlocks when you beat the game?

russbus64

May 1, 2018
How do I transfer held items between games? I own Sword and rented Shield via the library. I have one revived fossil Pokemon and two Gloom holding Rusted Shield and the two Shield exclusive fossil parts, but apparently Home doesn't let the items through?

I'm nearly done with a living Galar dex and this is the last roadblock I have.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
How do I transfer held items between games? I own Sword and rented Shield via the library. I have one revived fossil Pokemon and two Gloom holding Rusted Shield and the two Shield exclusive fossil parts, but apparently Home doesn't let the items through?

I'm nearly done with a living Galar dex and this is the last roadblock I have.
You would have to do it through trade in the actual game. If you have NSO someone could help you out.

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Something really strange happened right now

someone was hosting a kyurem max raid.Unfortunately, a link code was set up.
How ist this even possible??

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what are some good resources for VGC/Doubles moveset ideas/teambuilding? Smogon is decent, but a little too focused on 6v6 singles and their own tiered system.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious, what are some good resources for VGC/Doubles moveset ideas/teambuilding? Smogon is decent, but a little too focused on 6v6 singles and their own tiered system.

Trainer Tower - Your journey to the top!

Your journey to the top!

Victory Road - Pokémon VGC coverage and resources

2022 Season EventsAs the world recovers from the pandemics, online events are held while the live events slowly return. Take a look at this season’s major events!Read moreRental Teams VGCStart playing NOW with our Series 12 Rental Teams for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield!Read moreBDSP VGC...

There's also r/VGC and youtube channels like CybertronProductions and WolfeyVGC

Jeff Vader

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, when I first saw the shiny palettes of Lunala and Solgaleo on the 3DS they looked bad but now on the switch they're a nice crimson I'm kinda kicking myself for not having picked em up at the time.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Friendship ended with Ball Guy after he never gave me a Flame Orb.

At least I have one now from the Charmander Raids.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
and the two Shield exclusive fossil parts, but apparently Home doesn't let the items through?

For what it's worth, there are no exclusive fossil parts, they're just rare in one game and common in the other.

Save up a bunch of watts and use the left guy for digging, you'll get the rare parts eventually.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The strategy guide says you can view species strengths in the pokedex, but I don't see that info anywhere. Is that only something that unlocks when you beat the game?

Just because I'm not sure how familiar you are with the series:
Depending on the nature of your Pokémon, a stat might show up in red (higher than normal) or blue (lower than normal).

If you hit X (I think) on the page with your Pokémon stats, the chart will show the EVs in either dark yellow, or blue if they're maxed.

When you beat the game and do 6 fights in the post game tournament, you get the ability to check your IVs in the box, which will rate your Pokémon. Pokémon found in dens are guaranteed to have some max IVs (they're called Best).

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
I think I am done with this game.
wasn't able to catch a shiny gigantamax grimmsnarl, lapras and copperajah in the span of 15 minutes

this shit just destroys your soul

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
This sounds like pure nitpicking and has probably been mentioned already so I apologize, but one thing that really bothers me with the Galarian exclusive evolutions of Pokemon from other gens, is that their cries are basically either lowered pitched or with varying distortions of the same cry as their predecessor.

Take Galarian Yamask. When a Unovian Yamask evolves into Cofagrigus, it has a more unique cry:

But when the Galarian form of Yamask evolves into Runerigus, its cry is almost the same as Yamask's:

Same with Persian and Perrzerker. I don't know I guess I just wish they had completely new cries.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
Wooo someone was nice enough to trade me a Zacian via GTS. Pokemon Shield Pokedex complete, Now to organize all 400 and move them to Home for safe keeping. Might go back and organize my Let's Go Pokedex afterwards before the DLC drops.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Inteleon/Sobble on the top as he should be, all is well. Too bad Piers is below Hop tho, now thats an injustice.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Seeing Raihan ahead of the Unbeatable Leon makes me smile. Truly Raihan is the champion we deserved trying to teach players about competitive double battling and weather comps over using Charizard and getting lost.

How much longer does G-Max Toxtricity have by the way? Gonna be playing Mystery Dungeon this weekend but I said I would also get some extra G-Max Toxs for others.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The Rain team they let you rent at the Battle Tower is pretty legit. Managed to bulldoze my way through doubles with relatively little issue. Thinking of holding onto all of my BP for the Expansions for when they inevitably bring back the move tutors.

Hop is an inferior Hau.

giphy.gif

I mean, I guess I like that one time Hau talked about how much he likes Malasada.

Oct 25, 2017
What's a good few Poke-tubers? I understand there's a sub-section of them (competitive, Nuz-locke play-throughs, actual streamers, etc) but really don't know where to begin.

Mostly who to AVOID.

boybrushdRED

Oct 26, 2017
Philippines
What's a good few Poke-tubers? I understand there's a sub-section of them (competitive, Nuz-locke play-throughs, actual streamers, etc) but really don't know where to begin.

Mostly who to AVOID.
Avoid Verlisify. He is known to be clickbaity, stealing content from others, and badmouthing those who he stole from.

I follow a few. Poketips and AustinJohn for general pokemon news, how-to's, and stuff.
For competitive, I follow WolfeyVGC and Moxie boosted

WPS

Oct 25, 2017
I remember hearing the name rater will rename traded pokémon if they have no nickname, and serebii says the same thing, but I can't get it to work - is there a limitation to it?

In other news,
Jd2q4XB.png

Kamala

Sep 22, 2019
So there's great ball guy now?! Imagine Master Ball Guy...

Also it'd be neat if they added Ball Guy as an optional trainer battle, they could use the various "mimic" pokemon.