• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised they haven't announced the next event den, the current one ends on Monday.

WarAdept

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think I am done with this game.
wasn't able to catch a shiny gigantamax grimmsnarl, lapras and copperajah in the span of 15 minutes

this shit just destroys your soul

The catch rate for gmax non promo mons is at best 9%.

So it's going to be absolute struggle town, regardless of whether it's a shiny or not.

Nothing you can do other than bunker down and farm like crazy or hope for more Masterballs from lotto ID.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
ESlcA8kXYAAfdpX.png

We should be getting the next raid event soon.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Somehow I have 386 Pokédex entries? Felt like I've barely tried and have most of them from the main game then breeding and setting up competitive mons. Guess I could finish it up before the DLC. Just need the baby Pokemon, some of the version exclusives like Oranguru and Lunatone. Some of the trade ones like Dusknoir and Rhyperior. Runerigus and Stornjourner (got Eiscue from Wondertrades) then the 2 Doggos (Haven't even caught my Zacian yet)

Jaq'or

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Jun 6, 2018

Color me jealous! Took me the better part of two months to hatch a Shiny HA Corsola (since the first two had Weak Armor for some inane reason), and my Shiny Bounsweet took roughly another month—but at least Katya (my Tsareena) is a rare hatched square shiny!

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
I don't know what I am doing wrong but when I try to receive the battle stadium mystery gift it just tells me my software is not up to date
I have the latest software and firmware version and I updated my ranked battle rank for single and double battles manually. It still tells me my my software is not up to date

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Omg I got into a shiny Machamp raid. I didn't realize it till almost the end. I was so scared to not catch it but I did. So happy right now :')

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I have a general Pokemon question that I don't think is really worth a new thread..

My daughter (6 next month) has expressed interest in playing Pokemon. I guess some of the kids at school are into it. I haven't played one since the Gold/Silver remakes on DS so I'm pretty out of the loop.

Would Sword/Shield or one of the Let's Go games be a better starting point? I've had a passing interest in picking up Sword or Shield for myself, but if she'd be better off with a Let's Go that's understandable too. I have a lot of nostalgia for that era since I was 8/9 when I played those so that's an added bonus. She's really advanced as a reader for her age so I don't think that would be an issue in either game.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Hey, I have a general Pokemon question that I don't think is really worth a new thread..

My daughter (6 next month) has expressed interest in playing Pokemon. I guess some of the kids at school are into it. I haven't played one since the Gold/Silver remakes on DS so I'm pretty out of the loop.

Would Sword/Shield or one of the Let's Go games be a better starting point? I've had a passing interest in picking up Sword or Shield for myself, but if she'd be better off with a Let's Go that's understandable too. I have a lot of nostalgia for that era since I was 8/9 when I played those so that's an added bonus. She's really advanced as a reader for her age so I don't think that would be an issue in either game.
I'd get her Let's Go. If she's into it, you can move her on to SW/SH.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Ask her which one the kids are playing at school and get her that one so she can join in with them. Since SWSH is more recent, it's probably that one.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

get her Sword and Shield. if other kids are playing the games, that's the ones they're playing and with LG, she won't be able to join them. there's no learning curve as every game treats it like it's your first game, so there won't be any difficulty there

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
get her Sword and Shield. if other kids are playing the games, that's the ones they're playing and with LG, she won't be able to join them. there's no learning curve as every game treats it like it's your first game, so there won't be any difficulty there
Isn't Let's Go considerably scaled back difficulty wise? She has a tendency to get super frustrated at games if it's too challenging (she gets that from me ;)). I'm not too concerned about which ones her friends are playing, I actually think they mostly just watch the anime and like Detective Pikachu.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't Let's Go considerably scaled back difficulty wise? She has a tendency to get super frustrated at games if it's too challenging (she gets that from me ;)). I'm not too concerned about which ones her friends are playing, I actually think they mostly just watch the anime and like Detective Pikachu.
kinda? Sword and Shield are pretty easy too. you have to go out of your way for these games to be difficult

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I was speaking more to the control scheme being easier. :)
they're both the same, for the most part except for the wild area in SS. if she doesn't have experience with moving around with a controllable camera, it would take some time to get used to. but outside of the wild area, the camera is locked like in Let's Go

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
So what exactly does everyone use their watts on? I'm pretty much x999 on every pokeball you can buy and I'm still at 500,000+ watts and 6 million+ poke dollars.

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
So what exactly does everyone use their watts on? I'm pretty much x999 on every pokeball you can buy and I'm still at 500,000+ watts and 6 million+ poke dollars.
Go to the Watt Digger guys next to the daycare in the wild lands. The guy on the left, spam A to trade Watts for digging.

You can get good battle items and more importantly bottle caps. That's the best way/reason to spend your Watts

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Wow, within two hours I randomly joined a raid with a Shiny Gmax Charizard with Solar Power (used my Masterball) and hatched a Shiny Bulbasaur after like 4 eggs.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hope the Zarude distribution in the west is gonna be easy and simple for people who dont live in the countries that usually hold those distribution events, especially taking into account current events.

Oct 25, 2017
Got it at the weekend, if you'll indulge me this once....

Pleasantly surprised would be my overall feeling.

Four badges in, and one thing about me and this franchise is I make them difficult and I have never known another way of playing them.

I don't find an optimal team of six around my ideal starter, and then lay waste to the game. I do each campaign the same - I end up with lots of caught 'mons very early and I bring in/take out who I need as I go.

I never really go for sports sims titles but Pokemon is a sports game for me, as I tend to scope out the next gym first, and grind who I think will need grinding. I might never use that one/those 'mons again.

In a nutshell, I'm under-levelled, out-gunned but using my old stand-by tactics in the mandatory battles (rival, Team Yell, Gyms, etc) which aren't pretty but get me through.

Was not prepared for the wild area, I mean literally. I turned the control stick back towards me so my character changed direction into a not-yet-spawned in Onix which then proceeded to kill me.

I seemed to have lumped together the following team, but as I said I've been heaviliy rotating:

Roserade
Gyarados
Ryhorn
Butterfree +
Pancham (these two are my catcher duo, so I'm making sure they are getting training in)

Zigazoon ( I thought he'd evolve into the new evolution but he just became a Linoone.

I choose Scorbunny but I haven't honestly used him that much since the early stuff. He's now a Raboot.

I'm also giving a lot of attention to Corvisquire (every guide I read won't shut up about this line of 'mons), Thievul, RolyColy and Toxel.

This sounds like I'm playing it like a mid-2000s Pokemon game, and I totally am.

Dens: what should I do with them during the campaign? I've stayed away from even the easiest.

Pokemon Home: I might wait until I knock the campaign over before I bring any in.

Post-game: I'm reading up about the newer mechanics and what is on offer after I finish the campaign, going back to OT1 for that.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm I see, any other pokemon that get this preferred treatment?
every pokemon that can still evolve. if you watch competition pokemon, you'll see a bit of them, like Clefairy. pokemon that play support roles (like dusclops) tend to benefit the most as they'll get defenses higher than their evolved form while still doing the same role

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Mr. Mime and Corsola are the only semi-common Eviolite holders in the Galar meta, I think. Unless that Mattie Morgan Torracat tech catches on. The common theme between the first two and Dusclops is that they're pokemon which received a new final evolution in a later generation, don't get a clear defense upgrade from it, and fill largely non-attacking roles.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So I want to get bullet punch on my Machamp. How exactly am I going to do that? I never done this so if anybody could tell me exactly what other Pokemon I need and what to do with it I'd appreciate it.

rc213

Oct 25, 2017
Hollyweird
So I want to get bullet punch on my Machamp. How exactly am I going to do that? I never done this so if anybody could tell me exactly what other Pokemon I need and what to do with it I'd appreciate it.

I can breed you one but it needs to be traded to evolve to Machamp. I was just working on it so I could have my G-Max Machamp learn Bullet Punch.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I can breed you one but it needs to be traded to evolve to Machamp. I was just working on it so I could have my G-Max Machamp learn Bullet Punch.
Breed a female Machamp with a male Hitmonchan/Pangoro that knows bullet punch.
Um so just putting a Pangoro or Hitmonchan that has the move into the day-care together with my Machamp that has an empty move slot doesn't work? Do I really need to breed another Machamp first that has it to exchange it in the day-care? Do the genders also always need to match?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Um so just putting a Pangoro or Hitmonchan that has the move into the day-care together with my Machamp that has an empty move slot doesn't work? Do I really need to breed another Machamp first that has it to exchange it in the day-care? Do the genders also always need to match?
Egg Moves passing like that only work on Pokémon of the same species

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Going to prep a Sylveon for this 1v1 tournament happening this weekend. Standard Pixelate build with Hyper Beam and Hyper Voice, question now is do I run the Specs set of Mystic Fire and Psyshock to handle steels and poison types (Alternatively, Shadow Ball over Psyshock for Chandelure), or the Yawn and Fake Tears set to deal with Bulky Pokemon in the competition...

Fnnrqwin

Sep 19, 2019
Does anyone have an extra Gigantamax Eevee and need a Gigantamax Pikachu? I just started a Shield playthrough and got this second one.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I got a copy of Sword and just started it up last night - definitely better than I expected in pure Pokemon gameplay and animations and stuff. Like, playing fetch with Togepi? Incredibly precious. There's clearly a lot of cut corners as far as the actual content goes, which is too bad, because I think it might be my favorite Pokemon region since Sinnoh. But I don't regret diving in.

My one major criticism, though: what the fuck is Purrloin doing on its hind legs?

QIsQCSi.png

Evidently it's been like this since Gen VI? I don't think I've seen one in 3D before. This is immensely distressing. Who should I contact about getting this fixed?