• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd sure love to be able to spout nonsense all under the guise of "it's just my opinion bro"
Nonsense like "the beloved features they cut without anything to replace them should result in lower reviews"
Maybe within the context that critical reception and hardcore fan reception haven't historically tracked all that well, you may understand my skepticism at the press's ability to be critical of this franchise.
Sorry, I guess I meant to say "can't fucking wait for what is sure to be the best Pokemon ever!!!"

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boy oh boy. I cannot wait for whatever drama this game drums up for this weekend.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Having Explorers as the same as Fallout 76 is really fucked up lol
Reviews Dungeon Crawling Game:

There's barely any new content to sift through in this third chapter, and most of it fails to impress. Nintendo needs to rejuvenate this brand or scuttle it entirely. We're sick of going through dungeons. Show us something new.

Nah not really. The too much water issue wasn't a problem with the surf speed and auto repel.
It's more about the game design. Read the review and ignore the bulletpoints.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Game Informer: 8/10
"A breath of fresh air for the Pokemon franchise, though not quite a Breath of the Wild."

Nintendo Life: 10/10
"Pretty soon, fans will look back and laugh at the fact that they were ever worried at all."

EGM: 8.5/10
"But at the end of the day, a fun game's a fun game, and Game Freak still knows it best."

IGN: 8/10
"And while the amount of linearity is undeniably disappointing, there's still plenty to love in Nintendo's latest."

Destructoid: 8.5/10
"I stayed up until 4AM last night to finish this game by review time, and I've had a pretty, pretty, pretty good journey."

GameSpot: 7.5/10
"It's hard not to wish things were brighter in foggy not-London."

Eurogamer: (Recommended)
"That said, Pokemon's glory days might be behind it. But like an old dog, Nintendo can still learn tricks where it counts."

Kotaku: (Unscored)
"I named my Scorbunny after my ex-boyfriend in fear of these divisive releases, but in the end I really wish I hadn't done that. All is well in Galar, chaps."

Stevivor: 3/10
"Hideo Kojima has once again tricked millions into believing he is everything that he is not."
Cursed post. But I love it, dammit Kojima why!!!!

Jannyish

Dec 16, 2017
This can go one of two ways in my books. Either it is as bad as everyone is expecting it to be or the lack of damage control outside of stopping the leaks (at least as perceived by me) is because they are super confident and this will surprise everyone.

As a Pokemon fan, I would clearly prefer the latter, I expect the former, cause I am a pessimist.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Low 80's. I'm gonna stick to 81. Criticism will probably be that the games are too similar to previous games and a host of technical issues/limitations.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
86 is my bet. Despite all the cut shit, some improvements are interesting and I think reviewers will appreciate them.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Has anyone posted the fake review's Quinton wrote in the other thread? We need to see how close these end up.

Game Informer: 8/10
"A breath of fresh air for the Pokemon franchise, though not quite a Breath of the Wild."

Nintendo Life: 10/10
"Pretty soon, fans will look back and laugh at the fact that they were ever worried at all."

EGM: 8.5/10
"But at the end of the day, a fun game's a fun game, and Game Freak still knows it best."

IGN: 8/10
"And while the amount of linearity is undeniably disappointing, there's still plenty to love in Nintendo's latest."

Destructoid: 8.5/10
"I stayed up until 4AM last night to finish this game by review time, and I've had a pretty, pretty, pretty good journey."

GameSpot: 7.5/10
"It's hard not to wish things were brighter in foggy not-London."

Eurogamer: (Recommended)
"That said, Pokemon's glory days might be behind it. But like an old dog, Nintendo can still learn tricks where it counts."

Kotaku: (Unscored)
"I named my Scorbunny after my ex-boyfriend in fear of these divisive releases, but in the end I really wish I hadn't done that. All is well in Galar, chaps."

Stevivor: 3/10
"Hideo Kojima has once again tricked millions into believing he is everything that he is not."

KOJIMAAAA

This is amazing.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff related to content isn't bugs, they fall under the realm of subjectivity in a review, and some technical matters aren't always egregious enough for some people to be considered a detriment. I don't know why this needs to be explained.
Bugs can be fixed, and content cannot. I'd say lack of content resulting in an empty game is a lot worse. Sure, a reviewer is a person and is entitled to his opinion but failing to mention any of the things that are known to be controversial about these games, as I said, makes the review itself questionable. Might as well give a high score to every game you have fun with if you just ignore all the issues altogether.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering how much the obvious technical issues are gonna come up, if at all.

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Guessing around 77. Not because of the dexit or anything, but from the strange visual glitches and wild area oddities and bad pop in that anyone would find strange.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of Pokémon won't affect reviews, but the terrible drop-in, middling look, and lack of content should.
Might not.

But I threw my hat into the mid to upper 70s.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
Bugs can be fixed, and content cannot. I'd say lack of content resulting in an empty game is a lot worse. Sure, a reviewer is a person and is entitled to his opinion but failing to mention any of the things that are known to be controversial about these games, as I said, makes the review itself questionable. Might as well give a high score to every game you have fun with if you just ignore all the issues altogether.

What's controversial to a certain group of people isn't necessarily controversial to others. This still sounds like it's demanding reviewers see things the same way you do.

Nbz

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Pokemon Sun/Moon got 87

I feel like you're deluded if you think reviewers are gonna give this low 70s. It's a Pokemon game. It's gonna score higher than that

Deleted member 60992

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I voted 90-94 because every issue and complaint I have with the games reviewers are going to celebrate them as welcome changes.