• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden

Thinking that this will be lower than 90 is absurd

3nLXEsv.gif

Oct 28, 2017
This is in the wrong thread and a strange question, but here we go;

Is there a list of new Pokemon which says whether they evolve or not? No pictures or anything like that, just a simple written list like "Sobble - Yes"

I doubt it, but it'd be nice to know which Pokemon to have in my party.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
I can't believe people are using "cut moves" as a bullet point to argue that this is the worst game ever.

Like stick to the other stuff cause this one just makes you look nuts. Yikes.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
This is in the wrong thread and a strange question, but here we go;

Is there a list of new Pokemon which says whether they evolve or not? No pictures or anything like that, just a simple written list like "Sobble - Yes"

I doubt it, but it'd be nice to know which Pokemon to have in my party.
I don't think so, but I can tell which new ones don't evolve if you want

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will get 80+ cause it's a new mainline Pokemon game, regardless of if it's the same tired formula over and over again.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We need some images with Norman Reedus and Scorbunny in honor of this review month. We're not going to get a more interesting one for some time. lol

Feb 24, 2018
Going to say between 80-90%, as much as I've been disapointed by the changes, GameFreak's handling of the marketing and the loss of the dex, I doubt it will mean much to some people.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It will get 80+ cause it's a new mainline Pokemon game, regardless of if it's the same tired formula over and over again.
Like at the end of the day, Pokémon's formula is bulletproof. If Let's Go could barely crack the 70s, there is no way Sword and Shield will hit that point.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
We need some images with Norman Reedus and Scorbunny in honor of this review month. We're not going to get a more interesting one for some time. lol
I never went into that review thread but it seems DS got an 85 on opencritic? That seems like a really good score, what was the review thread like?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
How the HELL did X/Y score higher than Sun/Moon AND Black/White???
They were a solid jumping in point for lapsed fans, 3D for the first time, fantastic online features, a return of favourite Pokemon, the first 3DS Pokemon title. And they were, despite what everyone here would have you try and believe, actually good games that just needed a 3rd version to fill out the obviously unfinished/unpolished areas. By comparison you have Sun/Moon which treat the player like a toddler with the intense hand holding and boring story, and Black/White which didn't even let you have a Pikachu until after the credits had rolled - they were always going to review worse.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never went into that review thread but it seems DS got an 85 on opencritic? That seems like a really good score, what was the review thread like?
It's a mess. And 83 MC isn't considered thaaat high for an AAA game so it gives room to a lot of discussion, but it's more on how controversial the game and Kojima are and people accusing reviewers of being biased pro or against Kojima, etc. Kinda the same as this thread.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have no clue how these will review.