• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

predict the metascore

• 95-100

Votes: 7 1.0%
  • 90-94

Votes: 48 7.0%
  • 85-89

Votes: 203 29.8%
  • 80-84

Votes: 266 39.1%
  • 75-79

Votes: 107 15.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 27 4.0%
  • under 70

Votes: 23 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HavakPkmn

Feb 13, 2019
Manchester
I think it'll eventually sit at an 81~ from the reviews, as a lot of the heavy Nintendo sites and things like Famitsu will give it 9+. However, the user scores will be massively negative IMO (mostly because they'll be done by people who have been against the games from the start and people who like them will post less reviews etc).

Oct 25, 2017
I'm clocking a 92. I high key think reviewers are only going to talk about what Pokemon does right right now and not I'm context of what it's done before.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a high 70. I think reviewers will finally start calling out these games on their issues instead of going "well it's pokemon alright, 8.5".
The preview impressions from the other month were predominantly positive, and at the end of the day, Pokémon is still an inherently tried and tested formula that's hard to screw up. There's no doubt in my mind that the game is probably fun.

Imo the scores will likely depend on how good the Wild Area is, as well as the regular routes. I don't see it getting knocked too hard for shoddy tech, both Three Houses and Link's Awakening got away with fairly minimal marks against them for all of their poor technical showings (even if the latter is most certainly enough of a looker to offset that).

giapel

Oct 28, 2017
Solid 85. Reviews will be based on what's actually in the game, not what the "fans" wished was in the game.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
I expect good scores because all the objectively bad things hardcore fans have been going nuts over (Dexit, cut moves, no GTS, mediocre post-game) are things reviewers won't care about. They'll blast through the main story and give it a solid 8.5 - 9.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
What's controversial to a certain group of people isn't necessarily controversial to others. This still sounds like it's demanding reviewers see things the same way you do.
I don't know why you're trying to act as if I'm the sole person voicing criticism for known issues that have been talked about for months, while more are coming up daily. Obviously those things are big enough for reviewers to at least mention. If I was the only person talking about it I'd agree with you but that is clearly not the case.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
If critics aren't biased, these games should get 70 at best. Expecting 79-84 though cause it's Pokemon.
*Decides score should be decidedly lower than what it will receive before having played a game*
*Expresses concern about others' bias*
Insert this is ResetEra gif here

Voted 85-89. I think reviewers are going to be impressed with the open world feel and appreciate the new gym battle style.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Ignoring staff post and antagonizing other users; accumulated infractions
From all leaks and streams, etc. - it deserves around a 70.

It is a total mess and the visuals are atrocious.

Will still get high 80s cos Pokemon and delirious fans will still support the shitshow that it is.

Joedev

Apr 24, 2018
I'm thinking these can potentially be the highest rated pokemon games at around a 90. I think they look great, the previews were universally glowing, and seems to a be good direction for pokemon to go in. Either way, I'm gonna have a great time playing the game with my son. He's a huge pokemon fan and these games are going to blow his mind!

lexony

Oct 25, 2017
I expect it to have a score around 75 to 80. Unless there is a missing feautre which isn't already discovered by leaks

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well this will be a fun watch.

177.gif

Gonna go with 85 here.

Mind you, I was the guy that said Let's Go would be in the high 60s, low 70s. So take that for what you will.

NekoNeko

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
the higher the score the more entertaining it will be. 90+ would be a dream but anything above 80 is good enough for weeks of entertainment.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
From all leaks and streams, etc. - it deserves around a 70.

It is a total mess and the visuals are atrocious.

Will still get high 80s cos Pokemon and delirious fans will still support the shitshow that it is.
Sigh.
Alright, I'm bailing. Good luck everyone. I hope everyone gets what they want from these games.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see we're full in "If this scores well and if you buy the game, you're garbage" mode for some of you.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
If you ask my opinion I also agree these games are going to rate highly.

However most of the issues with the game don't affect hardcore Pokemon fans, they effect casual Pokemon fans. So itll be interesting to see if there's

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
dumb fans who want sound settings not hidden behind an optional random ingame item, screw the haters!
Even I agree there's no justifying this in terms of "why would you even do this" but if you think most people will take it as a knock to the overall experience, well buddy I've got a bridge to sell you.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will they ignore all cut features entirely or just mention them but score 9 either way?
Can't wait to find out.