• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
They should really give Sirfetch'd
"Dark-type"
(pronounce this in your thickest London accent)

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
EEv7PUOU0AA1J7B.png
This Sirfetch'd must have an Era account.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Dang, that duck went to the gym to get that top heavy and that leek is probably pretty heavy. It explains that absurb weight increase when Farfetch'd evolved. Also, it's radiating some big handsomely smug energy. I like the design of the evolution, but I'm afraid that it will still be a jokemon with a bad stat-spread and so far it has a blah ability.

This is actually pretty great.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
This might be one of my favourite Pokemon designs ever. Really looking forward to seeing what else this gen has in store.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Sirfetch'd face... says "THINK YOU CAN LEEK ME? DON'T FORGET ME!"

Fighting type only is a bit of a shame but in all fairness it is not flying anywhere. I hope it is not cursed with the horrible stats of its dear child Farfetch'd. Regardless I love it and now I'm upset because I was planning on getting shield but now...

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Just saw it has 144 HP at level 60. Looks like it's going to have similar HP stat to Farfetch'd.

Also the birds of Gen 8 are all excellent so far

375px-Sirfetch%27d.png
250px-Cramorant.png
200px-Corviknight.png

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So that thing about the ancient art with Sirfetch'd fighting Escavalier?

Apparently medieval art of fighting giant snails is a real thing.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Sirfetch'd face... says "THINK YOU CAN LEEK ME? DON'T FORGET ME!"

Fighting type only is a bit of a shame but in all fairness it is not flying anywhere. I hope it is not cursed with the horrible stats of its dear child Farfetch'd. Regardless I love it and now I'm upset because I was planning on getting shield but now...
I'm guessing its Attack (which already got a nice beef up to 90 in gen 7) and Defense will see a big surge with a slight bump (like idk maybe +`10) to hp & special defense with Special Attack & Speed either remaining the same or getting drained to shuffle into its key stats.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Ignoring that its a typo, Emboar and Infernape are the best starters with a clear theme and reference to chinese zodiacs

Yalls hateboner for fire/fighting is wild
While I'm glad that it's a typo, pure fire has also already been done, though not to the same extent. Infernape is still just Blaziken 2.0 (though still okay) and Emboar is trash.

They can have a clear theme without repeating the same overused type combo.

It's also starters in general thanks to gen 6.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I hope to god it's Fire/Fighting instead of just pure Fire, talk about worst of both worlds...

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is that this Pokemon's counterpart in Shield will be a Ghost type Pokemon since the fighting type leader is Sword exclusive.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't see the martial artist Bea using a knight though. It has to be a close combat Fighting Pokemon.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Agreed

Hence the disappointment people felt for Incineroar lol
I see. Although I think that Scorbunny being based on a rabbit has already made the non-biped Fire starter a lost cause in gen 8.
Unless GameFreak is playing the long game we already know everyone's Aces so far.
We know Milo and Nessa. Ghost gym could be Polteageist or its evo, Fighting should be Sirfetch'd. Impidimp in the Fairy gym?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I see. Although I think that Scorbunny being based on a rabbit has already made the non-biped Fire starter a lost cause in gen 8.

People only get particularly upset about it when the previous Pokemon were bipedal, only to suddenly switch. It just feels like a cruel tease. With Scorbunny, you already know what you're getting, so it's whatever.

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
I think that whatever evolution that they are going to reserve for Shield will meet the following criteria:
  • Evolution touches upon a motif of the British/Anglo-Saxon culture
  • (Speculative) Typing diverges from other regional form/evolutions
  • (Speculative) Said family has not been shown in any footage so far
  • Defensively-oriented
  • (Speculative) Said family has not been prominent competitively
I'm happy to be proven wrong though :-)

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

We know Milo and Nessa. Ghost gym could be Polteageist or its evo, Fighting should be Sirfetch'd. Impidimp in the Fairy gym?
Bea was revealed with her Hitmontop and Allister was revealed with Mimikyu. Unless they're pulling a bait-and-switch, Milo and Nessa were shown with their presumed aces first as well.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Bea was revealed with her Hitmontop and Allister was revealed with Mimikyu. Unless they're pulling a bait-and-switch, Milo and Nessa were shown with their presumed aces first as well.
Wouldn't be the first time they hid something to reveal later. They removed all npcs and Pokemon for the announcement trailer, for instance.