• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Pure fighting makes no sense on this. Why the hell didn't they do fighting flying? It could have been a bulkier, slower Hawlucha.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Team so far, looking good!
sobble.png
yamper.png
263-g.png
polteageist.png
sirfetch'd.png

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Have you ever seen a bird wielding a lance and shield also flap its wings?

It's still a bird, even with the shield and lance. There are other Pokemon that don't even have wings or are flightless but retain their Flying type, like Doduo/Dotrio, and Delibird and those are just the ones off the top of my head. It really should have been part Flying.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Bea was revealed with her Hitmontop and Allister was revealed with Mimikyu. Unless they're pulling a bait-and-switch, Milo and Nessa were shown with their presumed aces first as well.

I still say those arent their aces and they just didnt reveal them. People seem to be thinking the same thing with Bea having that Psychic line from Gen V as his ace when...I bet he just has the starter strong to you.

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
I think the idea here is that Farfetch'd's true potential is being a Fighting type to the point where it rejects it's former focus as Normal/Flying

I'm sure you can spin logic around it in various ways the problem that Pokémon has consistently run into through the generations is repetitive typing and designs. We're already seeing a large portion of the announced Pokémon mirroring types and designs of other generations, which is waste.

We have plenty of pure fighting type Pokémon. We have one flying/fighting type Pokémon. This was an opportunity to expand on that concept but low and behold.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Unrelated to Sirfetchd but i really hope the lack of evolution line coverage for every pokemon means theyre just not revealing them instead of these basically all being single stage :/

VPplaya

Nov 20, 2018
I think it loses its flying because its now holding something big in each hand, although it would make it way more interesting from a gameplay perspective

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
losing flying stab isn't gonna be that important since it can still learn flying moves

give it good stats and it's all good in the hood

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
All you guys saying "there's no reason to buy Shield now" or "as if there was less of a reason to go with Shield" are going to be eating crow when they announce the Shield exclusive counter-part.

Though, how exactly is this going to be Sword exclusive? You can only catch Farfetch'd in Sword? Just import your one from previous versions and evolve.

All you guys saying "there's no reason to buy Shield now" or "as if there was less of a reason to go with Shield" are going to be eating crow when they announce the Shield exclusive counter-part.

Though, how exactly is this going to be Sword exclusive? You can only catch Farfetch'd in Sword? Just import your one from previous versions and evolve.
Importing isn't going to be available at launch so for a little bit it will matter.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017

Presumably that'll be it, yeah.Unless they do something stupid like farfetch'd is physically impossible to evolve outside of Sword. But even I can't be that pessimistic about gamefreak decisions.

Though the transfer option wont even be a thing until at LEAST january 2020, and probably more like february or march, so its more like "get a friend to trade you a farfetch'd" like you would any version exclusive.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

More than likely.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

Watch the Shield Counterpart be more competitive ready than Sirfetchd.

Meleina

Oct 25, 2017
Love how Sirfetch'd looks. I'm not too worried about version exclusives. Trading has become a lot easier. I'm hoping it stays that way with the Switch games. I will say, I'm surprised it's fighting only. I thought Sirfetch'd would have two types.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Did that thing just drive a lance into that cats face so hard that the cat exploded?

I might have to return to this series after 20 years.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
It's an evolution exclusive to Farfetch'd in the Galar region.

Yes, but Pokemon like Sneasel could evolve outside of Sinnoh.
We don't know if the evolution will be exclusive to Galar.

With Obstagoon they worded it that way because only the regional variant can evolve into it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
We don't know if the evolution will be exclusive to Galar.

With Obstagoon they worded it that way because only the regional variant can evolve into it.

It pretty much says so on the website, and this trailer even starts with the other two known Pokemon lines so far that have evolutions that are exclusive to Galar.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So...that penguin wizard, if the image leak is real, is almost certainly a Delibird evolution.