• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThousandEyes

Banned
Sep 3, 2019
EEwmlixXUAAfDZ5.jpg:large

RagnarokX

Oct 26, 2017
I wish they came up with a better name. Sirfetch'd doesn't really make sense and gendered names for pokemon with multiple genders are meh.

Maybe something like Quixoduck

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
you talking about the thread title or the big leak?

Maybe The wise guy who posted anime spoilers in gaming side right after it aired.

I wish they came up with a better name. Sirfetch'd doesn't really make sense and gendered names for pokemon with multiple genders are meh.

Maybe something like Quixoduck

The title for knighthood being used for a Pokemon name seems appropriate given the locale. How does it work in Japanese?
I think it was also chosen for being a similar single syllable.

Last edited:

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I really wish it was something other than pure fighting. That's a boring type. Flying and fighting would've been nice, or maybe even grass and fighting. But instead we got pure fighting.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
w/e shit stupid people have saying about the leak here and pretty much in every Pokémon thread
yeah this reveal was spoiled by those who knew about the leak and I'll admit I said more than I should. The only solace going forward is it seems the leak only pertains to reveals before the game comes out.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
yeah this reveal was spoiled by those who knew about the leak and I'll admit I said more than I should. The only solace going forward is it seems the leak only pertains to reveals before the game comes out.
The worst thing are those I've seen (not here) who were complaining because "we knew this already"

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
The worst thing are those I've seen (not here) who were complaining because "we knew this already"
ah. I am curious what you think about the leak? Where do you think it came from considering it seems so knowledgeable about certain things tied to the marketing yet leaves out obvious stuff like the Zigzagoon line and wheezing?

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
ah. I am curious what you think about the leak? Where do you think it came from considering it seems so knowledgeable about certain things tied to the marketing yet leaves out obvious stuff like the Zigzagoon line and wheezing?
Good question. Wherever it was from, I'm sure it has been dealt with.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Really shows how modern Pokemon designs are much more detail-heavy compared to the older generations, particularly 1 and 2.

Really? Because I think Sirfetch'd looks more subdued than even Farfetch'd. I think this gen's not really had any over-designed Pokemon so far. Certainly nothing from the Gen 4 school of "add more spikes"

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
We'll probably get a big leak of everything a week before the game releases.
I mean that's just from early copies which is fine.

Before that, we've had quite big leaks

Gen 5 the entire Pokédex leaked due to a Spanish site who had staff who worked at the Official magazine in Spain
Gen 6 had a fair few leaks in May of things like Inkay etc. then a shop sold the game 2 weeks early
Gen 7 had the Chinese Riddler and the Bamco Starter Evolution leak. Then an influencer who got a review copy uploaded a ROM
Gen 8 only has had this one thankfully.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Wow! Now that's just ridiculous. I guess review copies can be traced back?
Should be able to.

It's ridiculous that it happened. I remember people telling me European review copies were so hard to come by that even top outlets didn't get them while in the US they sent it to literally everyone, even youtubers known to hack things.

Like of course it'll bloody happen.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017

It's still based on a flightless bird. It also kind of reinforces the fact that Sirfetch'd should have been part Flying type, since what's essentially a penguin can Fly and is part Flying. The same thing goes for Doduo/Dotrio, since it's basically an Ostrich that doesn't even have have limbs, much less wings, yet can somehow Fly/Keeps part Flying type.

Basic point is that it's not that unbelievable that it could have been Flying type when you have literal wingless, limbless birds like Dodrio running around with the typing.

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Exclusive fighting gym in sword gets an exclusive fighting Pokémon so the the exclusive ghost gym gets an exclusive ghost Pokémon

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Yup... And I look forward to the datamining almost as much as to the actual game release.

Me too!
It's so much fun to learn about all the stats and movesets all at once.
This, plus all the new unrevealed Pokémon that appear every 5 minutes in the thread. Best day of the whole cycle.

And I will miss it for Gen 8 as I will be far from everything for the two weeks before the game releases...
So for the first time, I think I will play the game blind when I finally get back. Should be fun.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Lapras will not evolve. It already has base stats of final stages and giving it the ability to use Eviolite would downright break it.
It is getting a Gigantamax form, though, according to the leak.

three pages of scrolling before someone talking about the leaks revealed the other part of the leaks

thank you

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
It's alright. Wish it was fighting/flying with 1 or 2 grass moves. Leek thrust(grass move)

But yeah I could definitely still see it being able to fly, i mean, why not?

Also the idea of version exclusive Pokemon is ridiculous in 2019, but they make still make a shit load of money producing two of the same games

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Just realised that Escavalier being in means Accelgor also should be. One of my favourite Bug-types, love that worm ninja!

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
How many Galar Forms do you expect - i think if we beleive the image leak - i think the fruit bat and the eyeball spider/web are Galaran Zubat Line and Galaran Spinarak Line

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
James Turner must be walking on Cloud 9 right about now. He's so thoroughly shut down his naysayers, it's glorious.

Been a fan since Vanillite, and I'm stoked to see even more of his creations.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'm eyeballing at around 20-25, That lines up with the number of Megas in X and Y and Alolans in Sun and Moon.
Yeah right now i am leaning towards

Galarian Spinarak Line (Potential Evo)
Galarian Meowth
Galaran Venomouth Line (potential evo)
Galarian Delibird Line (Potential Evo)

Based on the image link but there's likely a lot more

kaJdUS.png