• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Do we have any concrete details about Pokemon Home? Like what you can do with it or even when its releasing? I'm surprised there isnt more information about it, it might have quelled the backlash at least a little bit

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Decent Fighting types looking pretty sparse this gen. And it's not like they added enough new ones to compensate. My only gripe with this new dex.

sorakirosaki

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if the backlash will get worse in 2 weeks when it releases. When everyone who doesnt know about dexit finds out theres no way to get their favorites.

Kids will cry and complain they cant find Shinx or skitty or whatever to their casual/non gamer parents. Those parents send complaints to nintendo or on social media, ask for refunds, etc. People can even complain about that new commercial showing pokemon not in the game as false advertising.
i doubt its gonna be as crazy as the intial announcement tbh i also doubt a lot of kids will care since they will most likely want to see the new stuff anyway your situation sounds so hyperbolic lol

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
they've done other things like that too, like that wii app whose name I can't remember. My point is that they have other options and saying "But they want to make more money" isn't really a good justification

I'm just trying to make sure I knew what you were talking about.

But Home and Bank are also ongoing services. Are there any ongoing services that provide a one in done payment? I'm just trying to get a complete sense of all this.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It hurts every single time I see this. Gliscor, Heracross, Scolipede, Beedrill, every single row has something that makes me sad.

It bothers me when people say "oh thank god XYZ Pokemon didn't make it." Grumpig gets bashed a lot, but I love Grumpig. This is going to make discussion in future games way more toxic, on both sides.

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
Can we even really expect more leaks...? We have the whole Dex right, and some story stuff. I would guess the only new stuff would be Gigantimax forms and the leakers will have to tackle raids to try and find them all. I think until dataminers get their hands on the games we're probably gonna be a bit dry.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I was just trying to find out what has made you so angry/your take on Pokemon to find out where you stand, also I have a life thanks.

This thread was great up until today, people actually having discussions and not arguing about the same shit we have all argued about for the past 5 months.
I agree, instead of wasting time arguing in this forum about dexit or lack of postgame, they should be on social media trying to convice others not to purchase the games.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do we have any concrete details about Pokemon Home? Like what you can do with it or even when its releasing? I'm surprised there isnt more information about it, it might have quelled the backlash at least a little bit
I'm pretty sure the reason we haven't gotten more info is because they know it'll only make the backlash worse

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
the dex stuff may be super disappointing but what if the game is actually really good lol. We've barely seen any of the towns,NPC, dialogue, etc

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
No.

Final-Galar-checklist.png
Suggestion, instead of white I think the cut Pokemon should have a red background.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
All my favorites are gone and Charizard is the only non-gen 8 starter in the game, this went beyond my worst case scenario
tumblr_ll8zqmASBH1qcvvvlo1_500.gif

traillaitor

Jun 10, 2018
Few omissions that I'm pretty sad about... but you know what I'll get over it.

400 Pokémon, the majority of whom I've NEVER used and 90+ more I've never even seen. Excited, bring on Day 0.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
it is on most of reddit, and quite a few other message boards. not sure if it is on here or not.

either way i went and reported the guy. i honestly dont care since this is a pokemon thread, and nothing in my post history matters, but doing that kind of stuff is quite harmful and toxic
Side tangent: What are you talking about, no it's not. Not on any of the defaults at the very least. If you post on the_dumbass than someone's gonna notice/point it out and judge you depending on whether they're pro DT or not. Also there's an add on that has tags to help you remember someone spends time on alt-right subs like clownworld or whatever so you don't have to spend time arguing with them.

Anyway, can't believe the Gen 1 starters aren't there. I thought for sure they'd pander to that. My squirtle squad is gone dammit. Gah, I'd rather just buy a straight up port of HG/SS than this new game at this point. Least I'd have cyndaquil then.

Edit: LOL that was quick.

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, since Day 1 the Dex cuts have never personally affected me since I always start each adventure afresh. I've never battled competitively and I've never had an issue wiping save files to replay my campaigns.

... but I'm looking at that chart of cut Pokemon and jeez. No Metagross, Electivire, or Heracross...

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Just catching up on everything in the past few days. This gen isn't looking so hot to me. Here are my favourite designs out of those: Corviknight, Thievul, Hattarene, Grimmsnarl, Toxtricity, Frosmoth, Duraludon, Dragapult, Zacian, Eternatus, Galarian Rapidash, Cursola. I guess I'll add Intelleon if it's official art is cool. Eternatus is probably the coolest pokemon in a long time for me but Kyogre still remains my favourite. What I really do appreciate this generation is the new duel type combinations. I mean the Pseudo is Dragon/Ghost which is fantastic! Then we have Eternatus Poison/Dragon like Naganadel which is nice. Ice/bug is a very welcome combination and poison electric! Dark Fairy for Grimmsnarl is fantastic as well.

But we need to talk about how awful the starter evolutions are. This is the worst gen for those IMO. Cinderace's arms are very disappointing, Intelleon kinda looks lame in game, and Rillaboom is probably the worst one for me. It just looks so off.... and I can't stand it. Most disappointing is that they are all mono type pokemon. I mean we could have had a super cool combination of Water ghost or something for Intelleon.... but it is just generic water. I'm absolutely baffled and I dont know which starter to pick as all are awful. Water is my favourite type so probably Intelleon but ERGH.

Overall, I think this gen is significantly on the weak end. While I appreciate that we have more than 90 pokemon, it seems the dex ends at 400 which is leaving out more than 400 pokemon in this game. I mean sure they will come eventually through various games but right now it looks stale. No legendaries from previous gens is probably the most disappointing news for me. Imagine what could have been when using Galarian Weezing with Regigigas or other cool things like that. I mean I'm not going to get into a whole debate about the cut national dex but it would have been amazing to transfer all the shinies I worked at getting and all the pokemon I made competitive and all the events I got through rigorous trading. If it balances the meta more in this game then I can possibly forgive it but right now it looks like the meta is going to be X gigantamax pokemon of your choice which will eliminate stall completely and the only way to be defensive is having another g max of your own. Those 3 turns in battle are going to be essential after all. I am HOPING that some of these new pokemon will be good stats wise and by that I mean non legends.

So to sum up.... I really hate the majority of the designs this gen if we dont count the ones I listed. Coalossal looks like Rhyperior with a new coat of paint and I dunno I noticed it straight away and felt disappointed. What this gen does best is type combinations and brings some NICE REPRESENTATION of multiple gens with galar forms. I'm very happy about that if it means we can stop seeing the gen 1 complaint posting. My greatest disappointment this gen is that no legendary trio exists and the main focus seems to be on gigantamax pokemon. Those designs are so over the top for some of them and i'm pretty sure some regular designs suffered because of that.

I'll post more thoughts later but for now that's it. I hope the story is good. I'm still buying the game at full price regardless of low content. I love pokemon and that is never going to change.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly cant wait for the Datamine now. The big thing will be seeing stats now for me.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Alright, fellow Dexiters, be kind to the people here and take our complaining to the other thread.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
A small game studio that is part of one of the largest franchises in the world.

lol ok.

I'm not mad about the 400 Pokémon thing at all, but stop trying to shut down discussion. Game Freak aren't exactly an indie team; feedback is good. Loud feedback can actually get the message across. What exactly is the downside?

Ahh here we go, poor indie studio Gamefreak, won't someone think of the company that owns one of the most profitable franchise in history and who have been developing games for decades? Bringing old Pokemon forward like they've done with every game up until now is just beyond the scope of tiny indie studios like this.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IGNORANCE.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, the technological leap from 3DS to Switch isn't an easy job?!? HAS THAT THOUGHT EVER CROSSED ANY OF YOUR MINDS?!? YOU THINK ALL THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN POKEMON GAMES ALL GOES TO GAME FREAK TO EXPAND THEIR STUDIO? MAYBE THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.

GAME FREAK IS NOT EA. GAME FREAK IS NOT BLIZZARD. GAME FREAK IS NOT SONY. GAME FREAK IS NOT NAUGHTY DOG. GAME FREAK IS A SMALL STUDIO THAT UP UNTIL NOW HAS FOCUSED ON MAKING SMALL HANDHELD TITLES AND HAD BEEN TASKED WITH MAKING A NEW MAINLINE POKEMON GAME FOR SWITCH. THEY ARE GIVEN THIS TASK BECAUSE THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE HOW TO MAKE MAINLINE POKEMON GAMES AND DELIVER RESULTS.

I'm tired. I'm so damn tired of armchair game devs and conspiracy theorists surrounding this crap. Ugh.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
Side tangent: What are you talking about, no it's not. Not on any of the defaults at the very least. If you post on the_dumbass than someone's gonna notice/point it out and judge you depending on whether they're pro DT or not. Also there's an add on that has tags to help you remember someone spends time on alt-right subs like clownworld or whatever so you don't have to spend time arguing with them.

Anyway, can't believe the Gen 1 starters aren't there. I thought for sure they'd pander to that. My squirtle squad is gone dammit. Gah, I'd rather just buy a straight up port of HG/SS than this new game at this point. Least I'd have cyndaquil then.
ah that's fair. i avoid the vast majority of defaults and most major subs. it is a rule in many of the smaller subs i follow however. my mistake

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Any word when the leaker will be back. Iirc they didn't finish the post-game yet unless I am misremembering.

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IGNORANCE.

Maybe, just fucking maybe, the technological leap from 3DS to Switch isn't an easy job?!? HAS THAT THOUGHT EVER CROSSED ANY OF YOUR MINDS?!? YOU THINK ALL THE MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN POKEMON GAMES ALL GOES TO GAME FREAK TO EXPAND THEIR STUDIO? MAYBE THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS.

GAME FREAK IS NOT EA. GAME FREAK IS NOT BLIZZARD. GAME FREAK IS NOT SONY. GAME FREAK IS NOT NAUGHTY DOG. GAME FREAK IS A SMALL STUDIO THAT UP UNTIL NOW HAS FOCUSED ON MAKING SMALL HANDHELD TITLES AND HAD BEEN TASKED WITH MAKING A NEW MAINLINE POKEMON GAME FOR SWITCH. THEY ARE GIVEN THIS TASK BECAUSE THEY KNOW BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE HOW TO MAKE MAINLINE POKEMON GAMES AND DELIVER RESULTS.

I'm tired. I'm so damn tired of armchair game devs and conspiracy theorists surrounding this crap. Ugh.

Then they should have delayed the game until they could get them all in. It's really as simple as that. There is no reason we needed this game now. There is no "conspiracy" and it has nothing to do with "armchair game devs" to laugh at the idea that Gamefreak is this tiny studio that can't get stuff done - which is exactly what happened. You don't want people to play armchair dev, maybe don't start it first. Anyone who implies Gamefreak is a tiny studio who can't do any better than they do deserves to get called out - and not just for Dexit, people have been complaining about the lack of content for YEARS. Dexit just brought it all to a head. People have been accepting mediocrity for them for years with that excuse and nobody buys it anymore. They absolutely CAN do more, they just don't because they don't HAVE to.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I will never understand how Pokémon leakers can have such a lack of interest in new moves and abilities and stuff. Why make us wait for datamine? Sprinkle some fun this week too!

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
So is the number in the OP final? It's not as many as I was hoping but it's more than I was afraid...

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Then they should have delayed the game until they could get them all in. It's really as simple as that. There is no reason we needed this game now. There is no "conspiracy" and it has nothing to do with "armchair game devs" to laugh at the idea that Gamefreak is this tiny studio that can't get stuff done - which is exactly what happened. You don't want people to play armchair dev, maybe don't start it first. Anyone who implies Gamefreak is a tiny studio who can't do any better than they do deserves to get called out - and not just for Dexit, people have been complaining about the lack of content for YEARS. Dexit just brought it all to a head.
Pokémon doesn't handle delays well due to its anature as a multimedia franchise.And plenty of devs have talked about what happened with the games and Gamefreak is completely understandable.

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
I will never understand how Pokémon leakers can have such a lack of interest in new moves and abilities and stuff. Why make us wait for datamine? Sprinkle some fun this week too!

I think because the vast majority of leakers aren't "hardcore" fans, a lot of times they're more casual fans who don't care about stuff like new moves or IVs or whatever, or who wouldn't really know which ones were new or which ones were changed. Honestly if I got the game early, that would be me - I'm not nearly as hardcore as lot of the competitive people and I wouldn't be able to leak much of interest beyond new Pokemon and story stuff. I still remember the guy who got KH3 early and was playing it and dying over and over cause he was a very casual gamer who didn't play those kinda games much.

nintendoman58

Oct 25, 2017
Then they should have delayed the game until they could get them all in. It's really as simple as that. There is no reason we needed this game now. There is no "conspiracy" and it has nothing to do with "armchair game devs" to laugh at the idea that Gamefreak is this tiny studio that can't get stuff done - which is exactly what happened. You don't want people to play armchair dev, maybe don't start it first. Anyone who implies Gamefreak is a tiny studio who can't do any better than they do deserves to get called out - and not just for Dexit, people have been complaining about the lack of content for YEARS. Dexit just brought it all to a head.

NO IT IS NOT AS SIMPLE AS THAT.

GAME FREAK IS NOT IN CHARGE OF WHEN POKEMON GAMES RELEASE.

THE POKEMON BRAND IS CONTROLLED BY THE POKEMON COMPANY. THE NEW GENERATION HAS TO COINCIDE WITH THE RELEASE OF THE NEW ANIME. THE MERCHANDISE, AND BLACK FRIDAY.

GAME FREAK THEMSLEVES HAD NO SAY IN THE MATTER HERE AND NEED TO GET THIS GAME OUT ON TIME, AND NEEDED TO MAKE THE NECESSARY SACRIFICE TO DO SO.

YOU ARE THE PEOPLE THAT NEED TO BE CALLED OUT FOR CONTINUING TO SPEW THIS IGNORANT DRIVEL. THIS OBJECTIVELY FALSE, DRIVEL.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Hmm so tutor moves were confirmed. They were when we got the town maps but that was in the middle of the dex list. Thoughts? This probably means we aren't getting a third version imo

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
So is the number in the OP final? It's not as many as I was hoping but it's more than I was afraid...

As of right now it's the final count, yes. We are waiting for a datamine to confirm if there are more Pokémon though since this is just the Pokédex count and we haven't seen a mythical Pokémon yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.