• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
Why didnt they just make pincurchin a galarian Pyukumuku or galarian evo. Its Luvdisc and Alomola all over again.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
1572924935802.png

1572924997550.png

Raihan Rare card
I love how every woman has an "eyebrow-up adoration" expression and then you see the guy over the shoulder does too lol

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
so, have the gym leader leaks changed anyone's perception of the game a bit? Anyone more hopeful about the game after that?

KaitoCam

Dec 29, 2018
so, have the gym leader leaks changed anyone's perception of the game a bit? Anyone more hopeful about the game after that?
I can still hate stuff why enjoying other aspects I think the game itself is going to be fine, but the dex cut is just a disappointment . I think otherwise the game should be relatively fine

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Why didnt they just make pincurchin a galarian Pyukumuku or galarian evo. Its Luvdisc and Alomola all over again.
It's not a sea cucumber that spits out its innards in the shape of a cartoon fist, is it? That is a radically different idea.
Since he'sa Dragon Gym Leader, and it says he uses a sandstorm... Could we possibly be getting a Gigantamax Flygon?
I want this to be true but it seems unlikely. Wouldn't the leaker who shared the mons have shared it if it registered in his Dex like Eternatu's Gigantamax form? edit: There's an even simpler way to disprove this theory, unfortunately: the guidebook goes from Eevee to Garbador.

Last edited:

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
It's a sea urchin, not a sea cucumber.

It has a completely different gimmick. It shocks people, not punch them by vomiting its stomach.
I mean this is the same gen where we have a monkey evolving into a gorilla. Pokemon evolve and change into different species semi-frequently. They could've made a Galarian Pyukumuku and had Pincurchin be its Galarian evo. Trading one gimmick for another. Either way my point is if they were going to do a unique pokemon like an electric urchin than I would've preferred a different design that didn't so heavily resemble it.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
1572935858547.png

Not really spoilers, just some random characters the leaker found, apparently they are
part of some post game thing

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While we're only getting 4 new poison types this gen, all of them are part of a new type combination (Poison / Electric and Poison / Fairy).

Deleted member 19742

Oct 27, 2017
While we're only getting 4 new poison types this gen, all of them are part of a new type combination (Poison / Electric and Poison / Fairy).

Eternatus is apparently Poison/Dragon like Dragalge from generation six, but it's the first non-UB, non-Arceus plate Poison legendary. Only took eight generations for one.

Not really spoilers, just some random characters the leaker found, apparently they are
part of some post game thing

This is...uh...hm.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Here is part of the post game story from the leaker accompanied by a pic of part of the town map

1572936460201.png

galar royalty upset you prove real legendary hero was zacian and zamazenta not ancestors they steal dynamax stars and make dynamax pokemon you fight at every gym then they corrupt zacian and you beat him then you catch zamazenta and hop calms and catches zacian

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Here is part of the post game story from the leaker accompanied by a pic of part of the town map

1572936460201.png

galar royalty upset you prove real legendary hero was zacian and zamazenta not ancestors they steal dynamax stars and make dynamax pokemon you fight at every gym then they corrupt zacian and you beat him then you catch zamazenta and hop calms and catches zacian
Aw. I was hoping for
Looker!

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Also this town map is really unhelpful in pinning down spacial relations lol. like there's a cave near where Marnie's hometown is but it's not indicated on the map

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

1572936460201.png

Has the leaker said if there's anything other than that and the battle tower?

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I just read that Coalossal has an ability that gives +3 speed if hit by water or fire move. Link

No source for it but I'm so desperate for competetive leaks I'll eat it up anyway. Indicates Coalossal is pretty slow though, surprise surprise. Cool to combine with Weakness Policy though, can also self buff in VGC with AoE fire move.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Has the leaker said if there's anything other than that and the battle tower?
not yet, he didn't mention what those two npcs were a part of, so idk
we'll see what else he says
So I just read that Coalossal has an ability that gives +3 speed if hit by water or fire move. Link

No source for it but I'm so desperate for competetive leaks I'll eat it up anyway. Indicates Coalossal is pretty slow though, surprise surprise. Cool to combine with Weakness Policy though, can also self buff in VGC with AoE fire move.
Leaker is currently prepping a stat and ability dump

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

That ability is Steam Engine, we've known about it since Rolycoly was revealed.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Trainer Aces, idk if this is in their first fight or the endgame

nessa drednaw kabu centiskorch allister gengar opal alcremie melony lapras raihan duraludon oleana garbodor bede hatterene marnie grimmsnarl leon charizard
1572936991129.png

Also leaker says he likes the game if thats any solace to anyone

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Huh, Route 10 is in a spot I was sure we'd bypass completely.

low route count, but obviously the Wild Area is what's meant to make it up.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Leaker shared the following list of Gigantamax Pokémon, alongside of who uses them. They don't know how to get screens of them, and say this list is from memory.

nessa drednaw
kabu centiskorch
allister gengar
opal alcremie
melony lapras
raihan duraludon
oleana garbodor
bede hatterene
marnie grimmsnarl
leon charizard

Two new ones are Gengar and Duraludon.

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
One thing I do like is how many Fly points there are. It's not just one per area, some have multiple just inside it, which given how big some areas seem will be a godsend trying to get around.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Trainer Aces, idk if this is in their first fight or the endgame

nessa drednaw kabu centiskorch allister gengar opal alcremie melony lapras raihan duraludon oleana garbodor bede hatterene marnie grimmsnarl leon charizard
1572936991129.png

Also leaker says he likes the game if thats any solace to anyone

Assuming the red is just indicating general paths, these routes look pretty open

Yukiko

Feb 21, 2019
Spain
Apparently more leaks happened in the last 10 hours? What did I miss? If it's a story spoiler, spoiler tag it please

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Only 10 numbered routes is..... interesting. I know the difference is supposed to be made up for by the Wild Area, but still.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
Gym leader rematches + battle tower + post game episode is an alright post game. That is technically more than what you could do at the end of S/M right?

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017

1572936460201.png

Reminds me of B/W's postgame .

noakai

Jan 22, 2019
Are gym leader matches confirmed? I thought we were just speculating that. SM had you go around and catch all the Ultra Beasts, Poni Grove opened up and it triggered episode Rainbow Rocket where all the previous game's bad guys came back in USUM. I believe you also battled the trial captains again too.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
The town map being based on train maps is pretty fun. Nothing but lines even when it doesn't make sense.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Zamazenta info: form hero of many battles normally form crowned shield when holding rusted shield item zamazenta ability gives defense boost on battle start zacian ability gives attack boost on battle start
1572937738427.png

Pic of Battle Tower

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
Allister with Dyna Gengar makes sense since his counterpart Bea is supposed to have Dyna Machamp.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Reposting separately for visibility, Zamazenta ability gives it a defense boost at the battle start, and Zacian's gives it an offense boost, they turn into their armored forms with an item

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
10 routes is literally Unova main campaign tier, but without the post league areas. That is....interesting to say the least. That sword and shield tuxedo duo are likely those who let Gigantamax happen in the stadiums. The gym leaders themselves are also interesting as fuck, cause if those are in the post game then yeah a sequel or 3rd version doesn't make too much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.