• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
So uh... what was the exchange for the cuts if the amount of new Pokemon is on par with the last game and it's looking like there isn't an increase in content either
PIKACHU BIG
pikachu2-720x900.jpg

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
I'm going to get slammed for this, but I'm grateful for the lower Pokedex. 400 is still a lot, and 900 is just unmanageable.

Really super pumped for this game. Can't come soon enough!

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So what about the curry making and camp? is it as revolutionary as they were claiming or it's Amie 2.0?

Jan 9, 2018
They also made the Wild Area, so at the very least they stepped up Pokémon without changing the formula (which is exactly what I wanted, SM wasn't great).

Still hoping there's more to the game that just hasn't been found out yet, Ohmori kept making the game feel massive in interviews and I don't want that to be lies.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
405 strong Pokedex and lacking post game. That's kind of disappointing and begs the question that other than hitting deadlines, what was the reasoning? Because it certainly can't have been budget given how much money this game will make.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If there are mythicals later, they might add an additional number to the dex like Sun and Moon did.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
They also made the Wild Area, so at the very least they stepped up Pokémon without changing the formula (which is exactly what I wanted, SM wasn't great).

Still hoping there's more to the game that just hasn't been found out yet, Ohmori kept making the game feel massive in interviews and I don't want that to be lies.

I find it concerning none of the leakers have commented much on the wild area. I'm worried it's mostly something you run through every once in awhile without anything meaningful to find/do there.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Leakers need to give us the currydex, the Pokedex is old news

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Dex is capped off at 400 with no mythicals and post-game is just another battle tower and a 2-hour episode kinda stuff
Lol. Well I'm just gonna wait for the Sinnoh remakes and the second version of Sw/Sh. As I said in previous threads, I was hoping GF would win me back after the disappointing reveals, but it seems like that won't be the case. Still, plenty of great designs in this dex so that's good news for everyone!

Jan 9, 2018
405 strong Pokedex and lacking post game. That's kind of disappointing and begs the question that other than hitting deadlines, what was the reasoning? Because it certainly can't have been budget given how much money this game will make.
Budget doesn't just magically make the game better, they'd need to spend time using those resources, like hiring more staff which takes up more time in training and integration, which makes it unfeasible with their current schedule, and so on.

I just don't understand why they spent so much time making the game seem bigger than usual when it doesn't seem to be anything special outside of main game additions like the Wild Area.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely more surprised now they didn't have at least one more reveal trailer qitha few pokemon and a unova galar form.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
also smh can't believe they included combee and salandit in this game and didnt give their male forms evolutions

Oct 29, 2017
I'm going to get slammed for this, but I'm grateful for the lower Pokedex. 400 is still a lot, and 900 is just unmanageable.

Really super pumped for this game. Can't come soon enough!
I mean, the completing the whole national dex thing is optional and you need other games to do it.

I haven't ever bothered and I'm not too bothered in this game, like you said, it's more manageable but it's been that way in every single generation with the regional dex. The issue is that the option has been removed from people that actually care, not people like us.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

Yes, keeping the series annual even with the hugely increased development times of HD developments required some cuts.

That's pretty much it.

ferroseed168

Aug 8, 2018
User banned (1 day): Hostility towards another member
Do the G-Max gyms and catch the box legendary. As far as battle facilities go there's just the battle tower and there doesn't appear to be any new routes.
I've been very outspoken against Gamefreak and everything in the last few hours has made me feel justified. The complete lack of postgame, the shockingly small number of Pokémon in the Pokédex. None of these things are surprising ignorance you played Gen 6 and Gen 7 and followed their faults and issues. This sham of a game is just the logical conclusion of the direction of the last couple of generations. Also thank the gods that Joe Merrick is not posting in this thread. I've but grown incredibly tired of him patrolling every Pokémon thread for "misinformation" and hectoring anyone who dares say anything critical about these games or Gamefreak

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Budget doesn't just magically make the game better, they'd need to spend time using those resources, like hiring more staff which takes up more time in training and integration, which makes it unfeasible with their current schedule, and so on.

I just don't understand why they spent so much time making the game seem bigger than usual when it doesn't seem to be anything special outside of main game additions like the Wild Area.

Of course budget doesn't make the game better, but budget is has a direct correlation with scope and quantity of content as well. That's why this feels like an issue of time more than anything.

Jan 9, 2018
I find it concerning none of the leakers have commented much on the wild area. I'm worried it's mostly something you run through every once in awhile without anything meaningful to find/do there.
Hopefully that's because they've been rushing through the game for leaking purposes and have ignored Max Raid Battles in their entirety. It feels very BotW in that it's an open area where you just go do whatever you want, but it's not necessary at all. I sorta expect it all comes down to how players want to play the game.

I could be wrong, and it could suck, but we'll see. I don't think the leaker comments are worth more than the recent previews.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I... got nothing. Was starting to care about the game, but 400 pokemon in total and no post game is insane. Pokemon XY I can understand but why

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The reasoning is that they're happy for each game going forwards to have around 400 Pokémon in it, and no more.

It's a question of philosophy, not logistics.

Feb 22, 2019
I've been very outspoken against Gamefreak and everything in the last few hours has made me feel justified. The complete lack of postgame, the shockingly small number of Pokémon in the Pokédex. None of these things are surprising ignorance you played Gen 6 and Gen 7 and followed their faults and issues. This sham of a game is just the logical conclusion of the direction of the last couple of generations. Also thank the gods that Joe Merrick is not posting in this thread. I've but grown incredibly tired of him patrolling every Pokémon thread for "misinformation" and hectoring anyone who dares say anything critical about these games or Gamefreak
I remember when people were worried that half the Pokémon were going to get cut and certain people saying don't worry. Well, here we are with 60% of the old Pokémon cut.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Nice thread while it lasted, now its back to being another complaining about dex thread.

Also nice to see anyone not agreeing with the mob is still being shit on even if they are not even here.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also thank the gods that Joe Merrick is not posting in this thread. I've but grown incredibly tired of him patrolling every Pokémon thread for "misinformation" and hectoring anyone who dares say anything critical about these games or Gamefreak
How big of you to have a rant at someone who isn't even posting here.
I'd be fine with 400 Pokemon regional Pokédex and limited rosters but only if there was also an additional 200 catchable in the post game.
Well, that's clearly not their goal here, so I'd make my peace with that if I were you.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Eternatus is poison/dragon, right? Its shape reminds me of Dragalge, which is the same type. I thought it was a Galarian Dragalge when I first saw it. lol

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
It's inevitable this was gonna turn into a dex thread when we reached the thread's logical conclusion. I don't know why anyone is surprised.

Taking shots at Joe is bad though.

Jan 9, 2018
Of course budget doesn't make the game better, but budget is has a direct correlation with scope and quantity of content as well. That's why this feels like an issue of time more than anything.
You're absolutely right about time, which is probably why we'll probably get a new set of Galar games to flesh them out after Sinnoh. That gives them another year to work on the region, as much as it's an outdated practice imo. Or maybe they won't, and move on like they did with XY. I'm just hoping for more postgame than we know about right now...

PaultheNerd

Dec 25, 2018
Has the leaker(s) stated that they are fully done with post-game, and that the Pokédex number is hard set even after post-game? I still find it odd that there's no secondary legendaries, such as a trio, to be found, but it is possible for just the legendaries to be in the data of the game to be one day unlocked.

Feb 5, 2018
So uh... what was the exchange for the cuts if the amount of new Pokemon is on par with the last game and it's looking like there isn't an increase in content either

There is nothing. Literally no reason imo. Gen 6 converted 600+ pokemon to 3d with basically the same retained animations. This game, while having amazing designs, has literally less post-game than any title in the series (and less legendaries) and the same number of additions relatively as the last Gen.

The only thing that should have ever been cut was Z moves. Megas should have survived, the served a different purpose from Dynamax. But it doesnt matter anyway, because dynamax/gigantamax will be gone post Gen 4 remakes.

Its a dumb cycle since Gen 7 stopped continuing Mega Forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.